News Ticker
  • This is a news ticker. Important PlanetChristmas information will appear here as soon as Chuck figures it out...

PlanetChristmas is getting a face lift.

20 years ago the internet was bloody-cutting-edge and no one knew what a forum was.  PlanetChristmas entered this brave new world.  Let's just say it was pretty slow in the beginning but with time we got that fixed.  After multiple meltdowns/refreshes/upgrades, the PlanetChristmas forums are still going strong.  Behind the scenes, at PlanetChristmas we've been building the infrastructure to combine the website, magazine and forums into one entity.  The overall look and feel will be like what you're used to here in the forums... though the color scheme might be refreshed and there will be more options.  Why is PlanetChristmas changing again?  We have another 20 years planned to help you put smiles on faces while making lifelong memories and family traditions. Stand back.  There's work to do!

michael b

Show a picture of your nativity

michael b    1

Here is a piture of my Nativity. I purchased the frames from Lori's and put the lights on Joseph and Jesus. My nine year old daughter put the lights on Mary.

Post pictures of your Nativity.

Michael B

michael b    1

HiramDawg wrote:

How do you attach a photo on here???

I open it in Picture Manger. Edit it down to 450x450 or somewhere close. Save in a file on my desk top. I call mine Christmas 2007.

Clickreply in this thread. Type some first. Click Browse below. Find the Pic file you saved, click open and send.

michael b    1

Ron,

I love have you incorporate your Nativity into your display. I am going to come by this week to see your display. I can't wait.

Michael B

michael b    1

HiramDawg wrote:

Here is mine. I made the manger last year out of simple 1x's and plywood. Enjoy!

Your Nativity is nice. Is that a banner next to it or an outdoorChristmas card?

Michael B

michael b    1

wirekat wrote:

We did our nativity with colors poster glued to 1/2" MDO plywood.

Kevin,

Beautiful! How long did it take to cut them out and glue them? I like your flood light set-up.

Michael B

wirekat    1

Thanks Michael!

I spent about a week of afternoons. I let each sheet dry overnight.

I used Tightbond III and rolled it out with a laminate roller. Then I

used a cheap iron to iron out any wrinkles. I painted the edges and back

with flat black exterior latex and sprayed the front with two coats of satin poly.

michael b    1

roberson3 wrote:

We got this one this year and our kids love it.

Paul,

Your Nativity is beautiful. What is it made of? What brand is it? I didn't see any cords, soI am assuming you are lighting it with floods.

Michael B

roberson3    0

Michael B wrote:

roberson3 wrote:

Paul,

Your Nativity is beautiful. What is it made of? What brand is it? I didn't see any cords, soI am assuming you are lighting it with floods.

Michael B

Michael,

Thanks. I searched and searched most of the summer for a nativity set and we decided on this one. It is made out of polyresin, and we do light it with floods. Here is a link to where we got it.

http://www.christmasnightinc.com/c42/29-Nativity-Set-12-Piece-p279.html

Paul

defcon 5    0

Here is a pic of ournativity.

Funny story: After I came in from my 2 hours of building it I told my wife that extreme home makeover has nothing on me. I built a house in 2 hours:laughing::laughing::shock:

post-902-129571018646_thumb.jpg

Someone in the last year or so posted a pic of a blowmold set that they painted with a granite paint and used flood lights. If someone knows or can share a picture, I would love to see it again. I have been looking for something similar but haven't found the right set yet.

michael b    1

krusaders wrote:

Here is one of two.

file?username=kingofinflatables&id=480961

Krusaders,

I love it. Does it light up well at night?

I plan on getting the 3 Wisemen for my Nativity next year.

Michael B

michael b    1

Steveb wrote:

Here is one from our display....

Steve, Your nativity is awesome. Whatsize is it? I can't tell in the picture. I really love the detail.

Michael B