News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

Quirky Christmas?

What's the quirkiest Christmas decoration you've seen? Join Us!

Kevin Provost

Blow-Molded.com

Ken,

Everything that is currently available to us that you mentioned in your post will be added to the website, yes. When more becomes available, it will be added. If you see a figure with incomplete info, it's because the info is unknown at this time.

If you look to the information boxes, you will see the majority of light-ups have the "introduced" year and the "discontinued" year. This is the time the figure was manufactured. We do not post each year the figure was made because that isn't necessary with having the beginning and end years. If you see for example a figure introduced in 1994 and discontinued in 2006, that means it went into production in 1994 and the last year it was produced was 2006, thus it being manufactured for 12 years. In the upper part of each info box we list the steel mold year, this is the year commonly stamped onto a figure which tells when the steel mold was created, not the figure itself.

You will also find many figures with the different paint schemes already on the site. There are several in the TPI sections currently and others in the GF and Empire sections to name a few.

If you really browse, you will see what you are mentioning. There will be more of everything added as it all becomes available. We don't have any limitations on ideas that people have or what will be added, it's really quite a freeform project.

Skarah,

Yes, that would be lovely if you would like to submit some images for the website. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail.

I am sure that the amount of visitors is a factor, yes. Although the website shouldn't show much lag from that.

my computer here at work says "oops, cant find webpage" for all 3 links ..

EDIT. lol i see they have been removed now. here i was clicking away lol

This will be limited to while I am online, but I want to show everyone that the speed issue is greatly related to Apple's servers and not entirely us. You will find this extremely fast. I have temporarily hosted the website on my computer. Once I am able to have a home server, this will be the speed which will be experienced.

Having your own server used to be the way to go but web hosting is so cheap (and so much better than anything you could set up at home) that a home server is no longer the best option. You can get web hosting at 1and1 with prices that start at $3.99 per month and that INCLUDES free domain registration. For the price of a decent server you could buy many years of web hosting. This might be an option to consider.

TED

Ted,

Thank you so much for this information. That price cannot be beat, that comes out to only $48 a year. I will be definitely going this route as soon as possible. That will save a fortune.

I am happy to report that all of the images on Blow-Molded have now been successfully replaced with smaller file-sized ones. The speed of each page is improved, but speed will still be varied. We will most likely be making a move to an FTP server in the near future which should permanently resolve all remaining speed issues.

We also have updated the site, the updates can be found listed in the Blog, as usual. There have been no updates until now since it took a month to get the images changed out.

Some separate sections have been created to lighten the burden.

Thanks for the patience and commitment to our site, it is lovely to see the record number of visitors we have had in such a short amount of time.

There will be more updates soon, so stay tuned.

We have updated the site again, some items of note are the complete 18 page manual for the Empire #1645 Animated Long Santa, Sleigh & Reindeer and a newly acquired instruction sheet for the Poloron Santa Sled And Reindeer, #C-31, C-32 and C-33.

We have updated again, new are the addition of retail prices, steel mold numbers and an impressive fifteen instruction manuals. As always the update details can be found on our Blog.

I tried to go on there the other day and it was wacky...I thought it was just me...

Nope i have 2 computers and one new one and none of them let me view the site i mean it loads but everyting is slow and freezes up . I tried on a computer at the library and same so i dont know what it maybe it will be fixd one day :( It sure looks neat tho.

I apologize for the long delay in bringing more updates to Blow-Molded, life has been busy and I simply haven't had the time for working on it. I have just finished adding some new updates, with more to follow soon. We have several more instruction manuals added and some new images added to the site. You will find the complete list within the Blog.

I do need to make an announcement, one I don't want to make. There are currently 16 days left before my hosting account runs out. What we wanted to do was move Blow-Molded to a dedicated FTP host. The situation is this; I do not have the money to either renew my current account or move the website to an FTP site (preferable). It would be the same price for either, so clearly the FTP hosting would be the way I would go.

I want to be clear I am not asking for money. However, I am currently unemployed, and do not personally have the money to keep the website going currently and I have been solely funding the hosting.

It would take approximately 10 people donating $10 each to keep Blow-Molded going for a year, or however you would like to split it up. If no one wants to or cannot do this, I will have to take Blow-Molded offline for an unknown amount of time. I want everyone to be aware, so people don't wonder what happened to the website if this takes place.

As I said, I am not looking for a handout. If you the community wants it to keep going without interruption, it's going to come down to donations. If it goes offline, I will continue to update it on my computer and return it online when I can.

Thank you everyone for your support,

Kev

Guest A.F.NUT

Kev, I know times are tough now for everyone, but I would be willing to give you $10.00 donation and I think many of us all would be willing to do the same! its too nice to loose for any ammount of time. Let me know, Tom

Thanks David, I will keep it under consideration if things do not work out. I received your PM's. I have begun receiving donations however.

Thank you Tom, it is most appreciated. You may donate through Blow-Molded's PayPal button if you like.

We have a very generous $20 donation so far from Carrie Sansing and I want to thank her again here for her contribution.

If we continue to receive donations, I will post each one here along with the donor. Please specify whether you would like to remain anonymous however and I will only post our donation progress. If we do not make the needed amount, I will return the donations received.

Thank you everyone!

Kev,

No problem. I would be willing to host the site for free for up to three years so that no one would have to pay, so just let me know.

David

Great news! It is a go, David, God bless him, will be able to keep us going for three years. A huge thank you goes out to Carrie Sansing, Robert Cox and Jim (jimcim) for their generous help!

Mel and I will keep everyone informed of the progress and the switch over. This will mean good things for everyone, the site will be fast and responsive and searchable on search engines. We will have the official blow-molded.com domain as well, with no third party mumble jumble in the URL.

Thanks Shawn. Hopefully you will be able to browse it now without any troubles too.

Im looking forward to it. I just tried a while ago and i gave up like always lol I cant wait ... :D

Guest A.F.NUT

That is great news Kev, im glad it worked out. So many great people here! Tom

Great to hear Kevin! I usually browse the site when I'm at work so I have all the time in the world! LOL

Thanks to you too David. We all appreciate it.

-Jim