News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

Quirky Christmas?

What's the quirkiest Christmas decoration you've seen? Join Us!

Kevin Provost

Blow-Molded.com

The site is working fine for me, there's nothing wrong as far as I can tell. If you're referring to current updates, I simply haven't had the time. I've been filling orders, working, and decorating for Christmas. I have been working on it offline at night little by little and should have many new additions in the near future.

It loaded good for me also and I am on dial up (dsl & cable not available here).

Mel

Dial up.they still use that LOL.site worked for me too.great site.

thanks john.

Site looks great to me......

But I dont see the Empire Sad & happy Hobo Clown Snowman's

OoOoOoOoh how I would love to have that set.:santasmileyitty:

Site looks great to me......

But I dont see the Empire Sad & happy Hobo Clown Snowman's

OoOoOoOoh how I would love to have that set.:santasmileyitty:

I haven't had time to take the pictures of those yet, hopefully I will be able to do the pictures of the rest of our snowmen this winter.

Mel

I see there's info.on my Grand Venture candle.so heres what info i have.date 1999,cat#53006 i think.only numbers on it.has c7 light cord with fues in plug.all the info.i have on it.fill free to use it.

thanks john.

I'm in Heaven!....This is an amazing site!...I can't thank you enough for putting up this site and all the hard work it must have took a lot of work to get it going and all the work it takes to keep it going...I am a noobie for blow molds but I am a freak for them. When I was a little kid I was amazed at all the blow molds with their animated faces and the colors I just love them and the old feelings they bring up from Christmas in the past. I only have 7 blow molds right now and I found out that my santa was made in the early 60's from your site. I may be 40 years old right now but its never to late to start collecting blow molds....:santasmileyitty:

Thank you..

Rob.

Well thank you Rob, that is very kind. Welcome to PC, I am sure your collection will grow considerably, it's really quite impossible to stop collecting.

I am proud to annpounce a very large update to Blow-Molded, with more on the way. We have added over 30 new updates, so check it out! Details are listed on the Blow-Molded Blog

This is just to let everyone know that we have a very large update coming up, over 150 new updates will be added in one upload.

I also want to thank David DeJarnett for the move over to our top-of-the-line new server hosted by Network Solutions. I suggest that everyone check it out, the speed difference is quite noticeable.

Thank you Kev and also a BIG thank you to Tom Gacesa for all the GREAT contributions of pictures and information to the Blow-Molded website!!!

I have been doing some browsing there and the site is even somewhat faster for me here with the dial up connection. Also a BIG thank you to David for everything you have done for Blow-Molded.

Mel

Of course it still doesnt work good with AOL but I'm sure its an AOL problem becuae it works GREAT now on explorer!! Yall have done a great job and look forward to seeing many many more updates and added information!!

Thanks to you all!!

Thanks Kev!!

Jim

We have added search to Blow-Molded, currently it is only directing to the old links. This will take time to update as the search engine spiders crawl the new links. To access the search results currently, in the URL you want, replace _-_ with ___.

Edit: I am happy to say Blinky Products is still in business, Mel telephoned them and they are reconstructing their website.

Edited by Kev

We have added search to Blow-Molded, currently it is only directing to the old links. This will take time to update as the search engine spiders crawl the new links. To access the search results currently, in the URL you want, replace _-_ with ___.

In other news, it appears Blinky Products has gone out of business. When their link is clicked, the website host says their account has been suspended. Another great company gone, sadly. http://blinkyproducts.com/

Kev, I just called Blinky Products and lo and behold, they answered the phone at 3 am their time. I asked the gentleman about their website and he told me that it is under construction and he also told me that they are still making the blow molds.

Mel

Aren't you the speedy one, what are you doing up and on PC at 3 am??? :D

We must have been doing the posts at the same time.

Mel

Aren't you the speedy one, what are you doing up and on PC at 3 am??? :D

We must have been doing the posts at the same time.

Mel

Well sleep is evading me at the moment, so I thought I'd be productive and work on the site a bit.

It's a bit late for you too isn't it??? 12:30 eh? :D

Well sleep is evading me at the moment, so I thought I'd be productive and work on the site a bit.

It's a bit late for you too isn't it??? 12:30 eh? :D

Yes, it's a bit late, but when you're old, feeble and retired you can sleep any darn time you want, none of that having to get up and go to work nonsense!! :D

I never think about sleeping until I get a chance to watch the late night rerun of the Glen Beck program and Special Report with Bret Bair, if I am still awake enough I watch the rerun of the O'Reilly Factor after that.

Mel

Now that's the life! Sounds good to me. Do you possibly want to come out of retirement and go through the 300 C9 LED's that Carl brought over to find the rusty water damaged ones? :)

I actually watch FOX too, always make a point to see O'Reilly. I've been on a news hiatus though to relieve myself of too much bad news. Being Mr. Optimistic it always upsets me to see the bad things going on.