News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

November PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download

The latest PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download.  See all the magazines here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyler

How to use the SEARCH FEATURE

It seems like only yesterday I had no posts and I was a new member on here forums. For my 1,000th post, I would like to teach you guys how to use the search feature. Pictures are attached at the bottom. Thanks for looking.

Many of us members that have been here since pre-2005, are seeing the same questions asked again and again. As the result, I am going to show you how to look for the topic you seek information on.

At the top of the page there is a word, it says "Search". Simply click on "Search" and a box will drop down with a variety of option choices for you to choose. (Picture at the bottom). Choose "Thread" "Post" "Tag" or "Advanced", then type what you want to look for (Hint: Don't be too generic, or specific, the likely hood of finding the topic is slim to none). After typing in your search, click go or hit enter. This will take you to the results that have come up. If you can't find what you are looking for, try using different words.

Many of the simple questions that are asked constantly can be found using this feature. I hope you all begin to use this.

Thank you for reading,

Tyler.

Does anyone know how to use the search feature?

I do, but the search feature button has never found a search that I am looking for. So I usually just search all the threads. No big deal to me finding my own search.

For my 1,001 post. I would like to say sorry to any members I may have insulted by posting this. This was not meant to attack or demean anyone person in any shape or form.

With this, I am going to close the thread.

Carrie, please continue with the procedure we has discussed earlier; also, if you find that you wish to re-open it you can do so.