Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Guest Blowmold Magic

Meet Patrick & Erin...

Guest A.F.NUT

Here are a few new additions to the St. Patricks day collection. These two were made from the newer Union bears with the ''furry'' body and no molded bows, which worked well except for the hole in their paws, after a lot of searching I ended up making a lolly pop, not sure if thats right, but it filled the hole in.

Tom

Guest Judd_Peiffer

oooooo......i want it i want them......make me some please.....:giggle: those are really awesome!

Justin

Guest A.F.NUT

oooooo......i want it i want them......make me some please.....:giggle: those are really awesome!

Justin

Thanks, but...You hate St. Pattys day!

Tom

Guest Judd_Peiffer

yes but i love bears!......and those are so cute i could be talked into those on my porch!

Guest A.F.NUT

yes but i love bears!......and those are so cute i could be talked into those on my porch!

They would take away from the duck! LOL

Tom

Guest Judd_Peiffer

LOL......shhhhhh.....don't tell goosy but she can be moved down the porch to make room for patrick n erin!

Justin

Guest A.F.NUT

Nice job Tom, as usual. It's getting to be habit of yours coming up with blow mold modifications. lol

Can't wait to see what's next.

Thanks so much! but after my Easter modifications it's back to regular old restorations and hopefully by then it will be spring! Tom

Guest A.F.NUT

Hi Tom,

Those bears look great! What did you make the lollipop out of?

I found those little shamrocks at the craft store and screwed them on to a dowel rod, I had laying around wrapped with some saran wrap and there you go. I thought of an Irish flag but that was too big as was the little signs I had found, this was the cheapest and easiest way to go!

Tom

Guest A.F.NUT

LOL......shhhhhh.....don't tell goosy but she can be moved down the porch to make room for patrick n erin!

Justin

Sure now you can loose the goose! LOL

Tom

Guest A.F.NUT

Tom they are so cute.Love Erin's tiara.Will you be putting them outside?

I hate to say it but they might not even get used this year. The plan was to put them outside on the porch like the Valentines bears but with Easter being early I might just go straight to Easter early March, depending on the snow situation. I picked up her tiara at Big Lots.

Tom

Guest A.F.NUT

Patrick and Erin...

Cead mile failte!!!!! :D

Watcha say??? Never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the string!

Tom

Guest Matilda

Watcha say??? Never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the string!

Tom

I don't know... I think it is something like 'One Hundred Thousand Welcomes!!' My great-grandfather, Robert Daniel Finley, use to yell something like that when you walked into the house... but then again... not to stereotype... but his speech was a little slurred... you know... the 'special coffee'! (wink wink)

Guest A.F.NUT

I don't know... I think it is something like 'One Hundred Thousand Welcomes!!' My great-grandfather, Robert Daniel Finley, use to yell something like that when you walked into the house... but then again... not to stereotype... but his speech was a little slurred... you know... the 'special coffee'! (wink wink)

Well being Irish bears I think the appreciated that! They do like their special beverages LOL

Tom

special coffee :giggle: :giggle:

I hate to say it but they might not even get used this year. The plan was to put them outside on the porch like the Valentines bears but with Easter being early I might just go straight to Easter early March, depending on the snow situation. I picked up her tiara at Big Lots.

Tom

Yeah I bet the snow is stopping you from doing alot outside.Light em inside.With my stepmom in the hospital still I didn't get to do any mardi gras decorating nor get my mega tree or C7's picked up.

Guest A.F.NUT

special coffee :giggle: :giggle:

Yeah I bet the snow is stopping you from doing alot outside.Light em inside.With my stepmom in the hospital still I didn't get to do any mardi gras decorating nor get my mega tree or C7's picked up.

I hope she gets out soon! Yes they are sitting on the hearth in the living room right now. They will get some use. I just need it to stop snowing!

Tom

Guest Matilda

Hmmmmm.... now I think I'm going to make some 'special' coffee myself! This cold frosty night calls for it!

BTW Tom... you already know what I think of your bears... but it 'bears' repeating... FREAKIN' FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That's it... I'm out of the bear business... You Rock!!

I hope she gets out soon! Yes they are sitting on the hearth in the living room right now. They will get some use. I just need it to stop snowing!

Tom

Thanks Tom.With the way its going she may not make it through this.Its like hour by hour with her.My dad is about wore out going back & forth to New Orleans every day.

Looks like the snow will not let up anytime soon for you there.I saw last night on the weather channel thats its the worst there.

Guest A.F.NUT

Hmmmmm.... now I think I'm going to make some 'special' coffee myself! This cold frosty night calls for it!

BTW Tom... you already know what I think of your bears... but it 'bears' repeating... FREAKIN' FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That's it... I'm out of the bear business... You Rock!!

Make me a cup too! I have been freezing all day!

You are not going out of business! These take a different type of talent and skill that I don't have as much patience for! And as I told you before you were the inspiration for these, way back in the summer! Dont ask me how Irish bears were born after seeing Halloween bears but they were.

Tom