News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

November PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download

The latest PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download.  See all the magazines here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flanigan

A "delicate" situation with a couple of viewers

If they are not participating in PDA out in public but inside of their personal car with the windows "shaded" there is nothing a Drug dealing cop could do, but provide them with a little something to help smoke up the inside of the car. The wouldn't technically be showing Public Display of Affection, in their private vehicle would they...

Yeah, they're not really bothering anyone, are they? So they found a way to get away from their parents and have some alone time. Weren't you ever young and in love?

Yeah, they're not really bothering anyone, are they? So they found a way to get away from their parents and have some alone time. Weren't you ever young and in love?

Hey maybe you should hire Steve Lelinski to come dance at your display, that would scare off the two young lovers :)

I still like the web cam idea - not to use as evidence, but so you can stream it for all of us to watch. Maybe make a YouTube video...

Hey maybe you should hire Steve Lelinski to come dance at your display, that would scare off the two young lovers :)

Tory, let me get this straight. You think if I come shake it at his display, it'll finish off those lovers prematurely?

Oh, how about you create radio style commercial for protection and play ...."To stay off of Santa's Naughty list, Make sure you cover your Christmas tree before you start singing "Joy to the world". "

Have the 10 Bajillion candle power Eludium PU-36 explosive space spotlight charging...... Okay, its a $30 "high-intensity LED" rechargeable handheld spot from Fred's. Have the camera tactically mounted (okay, duct taped) to it for you guys.

Am I twisted by hoping they'll show up tonight? Or is that an effect of being dropped on my head as a baby? Got another news crew coming by tonight and really don't want the distraction.

Did you think of calling the cops and reporting a suspicious vehicle? When I was growing up a car would park down the street at nighttime (no houses, just farmland). My dad called the cops who came to check it out - turns out it was a neighbor girl and her boyfriend spending quality time together. I think she was embarassed and they never parked there again.

EPILOGUE (finally) - Well, they were doing their best to thaw out the ice-covered street tonight! Soon as WIW started (last song in show loop), hit the car repeatedly with the spotlight. After a few "illuminations", they got the hint and tried to leave. Only prob was they tried to leave too quickly and ended up sliding into a shallow ditch near the house. Had the #1 son go out and push them out. The guy didn't say one word to him - probably had his macho guy image bruised a bit by needing a 15yo get his car back on the road! lol

As mentioned early on, police aren't much of an option in this area - nearest is 15 minutes away, so the folks around here dial 1911 then 911 later.

For an area that has had bad road conditions the past two days; this has been the heaviest turn-out so far. Approx 70 cars tonight.

buy a really good spy microphone, the kind that can pick up sounds at 50 feet through walls. Record it, video tape the car, then put it on youtube to Barry White.

That would be funny.

I am merely a newbie but this is my opinion:

If there is any question about whether what is going on is good or not you should do the walk by with a flashlight. The police in our area get calls for a suspicious vehicle all the time ( I am with the local fire service ). They will leave, leaving your lights to be viewed with a G-Rated atmosphere. However, the mic and Mr. White would be awful funny to me.

Nice to hear it was all cleared up with out too much of a fuss. Now let's see what happens this December. :lol:

That is not family friendly behavior. I cant believe they would do something like that at a CHRISTmas display. Children could see.

I would have called the police. Don't worry though, people like that gets what's coming to them in the end.

Am putting up a few auto-panning cams next week and streaming to a website that doesn't yet exist. Have made a few signs "Streaming Christmas Video to the WORLD"..

Too funny! I had the same problem this year. I snagged a security cam pic of the car and wrote a blog post about it. I made it humorous (I think) and just rolled with it.