Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.

Spent a couple hours this weekend playing with SuperStar's autosequencer. I don't have any RGB lights (yet) and was told SuperStar would autosequence regular lights. The video below shows that you can have a sequence up and running in less than 5 minutes.

Video of process of auto-sequencing a song:

The finished product:

It really depends on how you play with it. If you just hit Roll Dice and sequence entire song then yeah it's going to look random or repetative through the whole song. However if you auto sequence in pieces like, Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Bridge Chorus End then it does a better job. And if you only sequence certain elements each time it's even better! It's not a 1 button auto sequence but instead of 4hrs per minute of song you can program about 30minutes for an entire song.

Don't wanna be negative...but I don't like it...looks like a bunch of flashing lights...doesn't really looked sequenced to the music to me...

Agree. If you could assign frequencies to elements... that would be cool. Like 0-120hz to icicle lights, and then you could select a length of time or section. Also with the the option to "auto chase" and more sophisticated sequencing tools. Doesn't make sense to spend a bunch of money on a controllers/software/wires/display items if they're just gonna randomly flash. Unless of course you like that.

Instant sequence can do that.

Go into "Instant Sequence", then click on "Timing Map" you will see a lot of options.

In the upper left hand corner you can change the "Sensitivity Level" and also select either the "Volume Relative" or Freq Relative" option

then you can select frequency groups here also. this is one area i asked Brain if we can play the song and watch the keyboard keys to light up on the notes, he said good idea but not now.

When you exit the Timing Map it will keep your changes.

Now you can click the sequence button and play all buttons.

If you want to see what frequencies are being used after you do your first pass, then in the main SSL screen you will see in the upper left corner 2 images. The first one looks like a up/down scroll buttons, Click on the Down Button, a check box will open, you want to put a check in all 3 boxes.

By doing this you will see to the right all 32 frequencies used in the Instant Sequencing. Scroll through them and then you can go back into the "Timing Map" and group frequencies like you want.

Remember, once you exiting SSL the defaults are loaded again the next time and all your custom selections go away, unless you Save is off using the "Unique Save As" in the instant Sequence window.

Agree. If you could assign frequencies to elements... that would be cool. Like 0-120hz to icicle lights, and then you could select a length of time or section. Also with the the option to "auto chase" and more sophisticated sequencing tools. Doesn't make sense to spend a bunch of money on a controllers/software/wires/display items if they're just gonna randomly flash. Unless of course you like that.

Wow that is an awesome feature! thing is, I love the sequencing part of this hobby. Even using my archaic software I love it, I think it all day, almost always. Every day is filled with ideas followed by ways to creatively interpret them into the show, and in the end, It's my creation, totally mine. And for me, therein lies the joy and a good part of the satisfaction that comes with this hobby.

Wow that is an awesome feature! thing is, I love the sequencing part of this hobby. Even using my archaic software I love it, I think it all day, almost always. Every day is filled with ideas followed by ways to creatively interpret them into the show, and in the end, It's my creation, totally mine. And for me, therein lies the joy and a good part of the satisfaction that comes with this hobby.

Although I don't yet have any sequencing software, when I hear music I often think of how to sync lights to it.

(I'm new to the hobby)

Using the Timing map definitly slows down the random flashing and brings it closer to sequencing. Still random and repetative but better than using Volume.

Still I do agree with Bill, the satisfaction of programming your own song is part of what I am most proud of in my display.

Using the Timing map definitly slows down the random flashing and brings it closer to sequencing. Still random and repetative but better than using Volume.

Still I do agree with Bill, the satisfaction of programming your own song is part of what I am most proud of in my display.

If used judiciously (timing map by sections) maybe...I'd have to see some more examples (and I've not played with it yet either). I, like several of the others, derive great satisfaction from programming and personally I like the power and control thing of knowing just what's happening when.

So, has anybody paid for the upgrade to S3? I have an advanced copy of S2 and it says I must purchase the upgrade. Just wondering!

I'm definitely in on it. I think I could use most of it if it were separated out and organized. It kind of reminds me of how we (PC'ers) share sequences. When we load our channel configuration, it really doesn't make sense in the LOR visualizer. However, when you begin to copy and past the different elements from the original to your new sequence, you end up with something that you may never have done on your own! You make adjustments to suit your display and add elements that were not in the original. And then, after uploading the video to YouTube, you give credit to the people who shared it with you.

Believe me, I am very proud of the 12 original sequences I've produced over the past 3 seasons. But at a cost of 50 hours per season for a 3 minute song, I believe that it is well worth the chance to have the "major parts" of the song done for you. And, then you spend the time tweaking it to your desire.

Please correct me if i am wrong

The Super Star add on package will work with the standard LOR package?

I have a 32 channel LOR with the advanced S2 software and had looked at this program but was under the impression that this ad on software only worked on cosmic ribbon

I would like to program my own but after reading some off the manual I am thinking I just jumped into the deepend with out a flotation devise

Thought this program might take some of that worrie away.........

I upgraded & bought the Super Star add on. I plan to add a couple cosmic ribbons over the next year. Other than that I've seen nothing in S3 to make it worth paying an upgrade fee for. Eventually trading sequences may be more difficult if you don't have S3, but until then, save your money.

SuperStar is an extremly expensive add-on. The advanced option is almost twice the price of S3. That is not right in my opinion. I was banking on about $25-$50 to add the superstar. However at the price I don't think I will. I plan on adding several strings of CCB's next year but only for roof line and objects. So really the benifit isn't there in my opinion. I've been working with the RGB of S2 for a year now and have it down pretty good.

I do however disagree with Tim, S3 does have some good improvements. Channel Config changes from the Channel attributes page. So if you want to swap a whole controller address out you can do it from there instead of each channel. S3 also saves all your settings now. So you don't have to re-align your channel name size and wave hieght. Also the new visuallizers are well improved however extremley slow for me to set up. I think there are a few more improvments they could make to smooth that up. Especially in the RGB area. Theres more too but I'm at a loss right now.

I however didn't have to pay to upgrade or I probably would have waited till after Christmas.

If I'm reading the website correctly, it will cost me $149 to UPGRADE and have control of upto 1200 channels (and over) I THINK I've found the correct page to upgrade for me... --> http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html Sure I can spend $79 and control 600 channels max(I think?). I know I'm not going to stop at my available channels of 368.

But the entire S3 software page is hard to navigate. You don't end up at this page to start. I've gotten lost 3 times trying to get the information necessary. I'm not an internet noob but it seems like LOR is making it hard to find the upgrade I need. Not to mention that there are different levels, options, and features.

Good lord, can they make it anymore complicated? And to make matters worse, I tried calling but no one answered. Seems that they've pulled the admin staff from their desks Today and Friday to catch-up the shipping that is behind. I sent them an email and hopefully I'll get a better answer than what I'm reading.

Superstar software was developed as a way to use CCR's easier. It gives you multiple layering functions and an easy graphic and text function. So if your using your CCR's as a Markee sign or the ever popular CCR 12 string mega tree then it's well worth it I'm sure.

However if your using your CCR's in non standard configs like a custom star, roof outlines, windows, or even arches (I do know they support arches) there isn't a ton of advantage from what I can tell. And it's also another piece of software to learn and another step in building your sequence. For $25 it might be worth it but for $299 like it say's it will be priced at the non intro price I definitly don't think so.