Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
fxdwg

Any Info On Radiant-Holidays.com

just curious if anyone has any info on radiant-holidays.com ?? i thought the owner was a member here (or on one of the christmas forums somewhere) , have had difficulty in getting my pre sale order taken care of, was a pretty decent order, have traded several emails since february of this year, sent the money for product and shipping, and still no order. and now my emails arent even being responded too.

if anyone has a phone number, or other information that would help me, it would be much appreciated.

thank you.

If you ordered lights, you won't be getting them. His manufacturer dropped the ball and sent the wrong lights. He's been refunding 100% of any funds paid for LEDs.

From what I understand, he's been without internet at home for a few weeks now and has been sporadically communicating while at work.

That being said, it took me 2 months of emails, private messages and phone calls before I could receive information concerning my order. And this was well before any loss of internet on his side. I was more than a little concerned that I wouldn't receive anything (I had also ordered some enclosures and SPT wire). Eventually he came through though.

I say stay on him. I think it's a fair thing to bring issues like this to light on the boards. We have a tight enough community that word quickly gets around and sooner or later someone he's friends with may bring this to his attention. He'll pop up soon enough.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't order LEDs, just plugs, spt2 wire spools and enclosures. Originally I was told the single enclosure I ordered to test was holding things up, but then he notified me it was in and he was behind in getting orders out. I can understand if there are issues, just be honest and respond to my inquiry, or post in the open forums so we all know what's going on. Thanks again for the response.

I placed an order with them for a spool of spt2 wire and some vampire plugs on 9/2, and I have not heard a thing since.  I have emailed them twice, but have still nothing.  I guess I have to keep chasing them.  Glad to know it's not just me...

Ordered 4 spools of spt1 on 08-28 and despite a couple of calls and emails, have yet to hear anything. Very good price at 114.00 a roll but really need the zip cord now.

Hey guys, I have been posting updates on Facebook at the old WLC Ventures page.  As stated above....WE MOVED.  If you ever think about moving....DO NOT DO IT! :)  It has been  horrible to say the least.

Our internet connection was fixed yesterday around 4pm.  This is actually a SECOND install since we moved.  DishNetwork installed DishNet (basically Hughes) and that did not work AT ALL.  It took the new guys about a week and half to get this new system up.  It is not satelite...it is based on Motorolla's WiMAX system and is line of sight to transmitter/reciever mounted on a cell phone tower about 2.5 miles away.  We now have a reliable 3 MB down/1 MB up connection.  This does not sound like a lot but the consistancy of the speed and low latency make is seem like Heaven.  This one item is so critical to our business model that it has literally shut us down.  The phone number is a Skype number...no connection means no calls.  Our main line of communication is emails...no connection means no email answers.  Our shipping methods are done through the USPS and UPS shipping servers...so once again..no connection means no shipping.  The DishNet Service was sold to me based on it being 10 MB down 1 MB up with typical satellite latency.  We got..hmm between 1 MB and 3 MB down...SOMETIMES and the latency was a whopping 2200 ms.  Anyone in the IT business will easily see how this is unusable for a business that requires back and forth communicaiton with other servers.

Over the past week, we brought in Hillary to give us a hand and she and Aaron spent the past few days packing orders AND nothing but packing orders as we have not been able to print shipping labels or anything else without a connection.  I have to spend some time this evening gettting all our printers reinstalled (these are not the same computers we had before).  Come Friday, there should be a whole bunch of shipping emails going out.

Also, if you remember we had two brothers helping out earlier in the year...well, they both quit without notice right before The Academy.  So I am still one crew member down.  I have active ads out to get at least one more person in the shop.  Until then, I guess I am going to have to draft my 9 year old and put her to work!

Sorry for all the confusion but we had outgrown the old place so bad that we had inventory in 5 DIFFERENT PLACES.  At this point in time, I know that the majority of the items on the store have in stock quantites that are flat out wrong.  That is a job for me this weekend to get the in stock levels corrected.

I appreciate the update. glad you got moved and you are back among the connected. please remember though, not EVERYONE does facebook, especially those of us that do computers for a living. the last thing I ever want to do when I am done with work for the day, is log into facebook and do more computer stuff. LOL

maybe a post on your main website, or on one of the Christmas forums would be better in the future.

Im anxious for my order from you so I can finish/firm up my final plan for this year's display. (as im sure many others that have ordered from you are, I realize my order is not the only one you are working on!)

Its crunch time for most of us, would be nice to put my mind at ease with this.

thanks again for the response. good luck, hope things are smooth from here on out.

Ok, getting late, have a commercial install quickly approaching and even after multiple emails and voice mails have yet to get any info on a spt 1 order from August. 459.96 was charged  on the 28th of August but not shipped. Has anyone heard from or received their order they were waiting on? I'm looking for any word positive. I know a move is hectic but all I am asking for is a little communication - so I am not freaking out anymore than normal.

This is a post he made on Facebook tonight:

"Well I promised you folks we would make progress...and here goes. We not only shipped out another batch of orders today, we started another batch of RP32 kits...about half of these are needed for you guys now. Nick joined us today and has been sorting parts like a demon! Please join me in saying Welcome!So now Aaron, Hillary, Nick and yours truly are going to get his backlog fixed! Thank you all for your patience and understanding. Chris"