News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

PlanetChristmas is getting a face lift.

Do the forums look a bit different?  We've refreshed the main theme.  Don't worry.  All your posts are still there.

Josh

My Love For Hamberger Displays

WLND-DAVID    91

WOW Darrid,  those pieces look to be in great shape.   How are they mechanically ?    
These guys go "up on the rooftop" for display since that is about the only space you must have left !   LOL

Did you get the bag of presents too?   Such an awesome set !

DH-88-34.jpg

Edited by WLND-DAVID
  • Like 1

Hermey    1

Darrid,                 Would you be interested in selling the Chubettes?                   Frank

• Like 1

Darrid    34

No, they are some of my favorites! I have all the sets Hamberger made except one and out of all the sets I'm only missing one individual piece from the Sweet Set.

On 6/8/2016 at 7:09 PM, Darrid said:

No, they are some of my favorites! I have all the sets Hamberger made except one and out of all the sets I'm only missing one individual piece from the Sweet Set.

You have every Hamberger set except one? Could you please give me a complete list of all sets Hamberger made, as I have been searching for that for years. I have been searching for a site that has a catalog from every year after 1950-ish. However I've only seen three or four catalogs. Do you have a list?

Can anyone on here identify what set this is from? I thought at first it was from the Christmas morning set but it isn't there. Was it originally part of the set and then got dropped? Anyone know what set this is from? s-l225.jpg

sammyjr    13

It's the boy with roler skates from the Christmas morning set. The jack in the box was just added in.

You got that figure from Ebay recently so it was most likely a figure from the Willow run display in NJ

Darrid    34

Here is the best picture of the "Christmas Morning" set. Not sure why it was only in one brochure. 

scan0003.jpg

A few of the new kids!

• Like 1

Darrid    34

Here is the big collection that sold on ebay last year. I got the rest that wasn't sold that the family had kept! Such a cute display!

BAY    2

Coming from an area not having the advantages to animation makes it much more challenging to get any pieces. Unlike some, I only look for specific pieces for my yearly Christmas display plus for my parade float for my local town. I collect for a reason and that reason is to have these aged figures enlighten Christmas memories from people’s childhood that remember seeing these kind of displays when they were kids. Also, my purpose is to give children a display that they will remember because it’s definitely not something you see on a regular basis. However, since animation is so surrounded with people who enjoy keeping their figures in storage sheds it makes it difficult to want to continue collecting. It is something I’m truly passionate about because I grew up seeing these displays, but sadly collectors don’t truly understand the meaning behind them and would rather see how many they can collect each year as if it’s a hoarding game. I can really see that I got lucky with what I have (10 pieces only) and that is what I’m going to have to be content with because the future of these figures are already in hoarding hands.

BAY    2
9 hours ago, Darrid said:

Everyone getting ready for Christmas?

Yes, working on extending a trailer for the float this year and trying to figure it all out in my head and how many more lights, I will need this year lol.

• Like 1