News Ticker
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
Franchise_24

Poloron Santa Sleigh

Guys,

First of all I am freaking out because I have not started putting anything up yet, and normally by now I have my sleigh and reindeer on the roof with the roof lights and bells in the tress, so getting nervous.  To top things off I am still painting, so I am wondering if anyone has any pictures or info on an original Poloron Santa Sleigh.  Picture is attached.  I am mainly interested in his bag of toys on his back.  Not sure what colors everything was as the one I had was pretty faded.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

*Edit:  I still need to paint the belt too :-)

2016-10-27 11.17.06.jpg

Edited by Franchise_24

One was my dads he bought new and the other one a guy gave me. I may get rid of a Santa soon but not a snowman.

Edited by shane page
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shane page said:

One was my dads he bought new and the other one a guy gave me. I may get rid of a Santa soon but not a snowman.

I would hold on to those snowmen too. The Santas surface every once in a while.

Thanks Shane that is perfect.  The only modifications I made was I made his gloves yellow and the ball on his hat yellow so it would match my Poloron Santa.  I never understood why they want green to begin with.

Shane could you throw up a few close up pictures of your Mechanical Santa, the bottom mainly the toy area.  I'd take one of the back base too, I still have to paint the bottom.

Yes, I will get pictures of the one I painted and one I didn't paint Im not sure how close the repaint is to the original but this is what I used as a reference.

awb2br.jpg

Oh wow yeah that looks great.  One more favor to ask if possible, can you get me a picture of both sides and the back of the base you have there.  Thank you.

P.S.

Do you have the base attached to a board?  Does that help keep him steady?

Ya I can get some pictures maybe yet today. I mount all of my blowmolds to a piece of wood but it really helps with these motorized ones to level them up and makes them more stable.

Sorry it took so long, see if this helps. You can see we put a little more detail in the repaint and we painted the bow green instead of gold to break it some.

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

• Like 3

Back to mounting them on wood, I leave some sticking out the back and will use some paving bricks for the smaller molds and for the mechanical ones I use a couple solid cement blocks, and with the wood being kind of heavy it may make it harder for someone to steal but I have never had any problems from the wind . I use osb, its cheap and if you paint it, it will last a long time but in the beginning I never painted it I just cut it out and screwed it to the bottom using drywall screws and it still holds up for many years. Over the last couple years I have been painting the wood with cheap paint from walmart and is holding up great.

That is just amazing!  It looks better than the original!  Do you use the Krylon spray paint for plastic, or something else?

• Like 1

Forgot to mention the most important part about these blowmolds. I set the mold on the wood and measure what it is from the wood up to where the motor sets and cut a 2x2 that long and screw one end to the wood, when you set the bottom on the wood position it so the 2x2 is under where the motor mounts then screw it to the wood. The weight of the motor and top half is to heavy and will start to push in the top where the motor sets if it has already happened pull it up then measure it that way when you screw the bottom to the wood it will pull it back where it is supposed to be if you don't when the top is rotating it will wear the plastic thin from rubbing.