News Ticker
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

2018!

The PlanetChristmas Forums will be revamped February 1, 2018Read more here.

xenon

Load of Lowe's

We to Lowes Friday before Christmas Eve, Christmas was 50%.  I asked him about the Gemmy Display inflatables, he said they were 80% off, but if I was interested in more than one he could do better. 

Over $3,000 worth of Gemmy Airblowns for about $200, about 22 of them I think, Deercraft Carriers, 16' Nutcrackers,   I cant even remember. Just in time because we are retiring over 20 from our display this year.

Never had time to take many pictures this year, short video attached, sorry for all the blower noise.

100_2920.JPG

Christmas 2016 video.AVI

• Like 2

Amazing deals!!  I bought the 18 foot Santa Airliner, Teddy Bear and Rudolph Sleigh.  Bear and Sleigh were brand new in box.  Airliner was a display but all boxed up.  Wish I had tried to see if they would have done any better on the pricing.

2 years ago very early in December I bought a cart full of lights. I asked the manager if he could do anything and he gave me a good deal. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

my local walmart mgr cut me a sweet deal on all of the display items...a few blow molds, and inflatables. I will prob hit him up next year as well.

• Like 1

Great Deals, the Lowes in my area never have anything left.  If I didn't buy that Rudolph sled mid November I would not have it, wish I lived in another part of the country when it comes to Christmas clearance

On 12/27/2016 at 9:45 AM, xenon said:

We to Lowes Friday before Christmas Eve, Christmas was 50%.  I asked him about the Gemmy Display inflatables, he said they were 80% off, but if I was interested in more than one he could do better. 

Over $3,000 worth of Gemmy Airblowns for about $200, about 22 of them I think, Deercraft Carriers, 16' Nutcrackers,   I cant even remember. Just in time because we are retiring over 20 from our display this year.

Never had time to take many pictures this year, short video attached, sorry for all the blower noise.

100_2920.JPG

Christmas 2016 video.AVI

I am so jealous ! I am an American living in Japan and we have like 6 choices of inflatables in this country and 5 of the 6 is just Santa Claus. LOL AND they are at least 4 times as expensive as what you can get at normal USA prices.

The Japanese don't decorate much if any at all so Its up to me to show my kids what an American Christmas is. So I usually import a ton of Christmas stuff every year  to Japan , paying the crazy shipping fees. Not only do I do my own house but I place 3 to 5 inflatables at about 25 other houses in the neighborhood to try to get a more American Christmas type atmosphere for my kids to enjoy.

Of course the people and the kids LOVE it and enjoy it but I mainly do it for my kids.

So I look at your pictures and see how cheap you got everything and I say to myself MAN , WHAT I COULD DO IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD IN JAPAN WITH ALL OF THAT LOL

This is my first post so hi everyone !

• Like 1