News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

PlanetChristmas is getting a face lift.

Do the forums look a bit different?  We've refreshed the main theme.  Don't worry.  All your posts are still there.

Bucsfan15

Easter Decorations??

Bucsfan15    14

I'm considering doing Easter cutouts this year. Does anyone else decorate the house for Easter? Can you share some pictures?? 

vette-kid    6

Im thinking of doing a cut-out fence peeker from the Winfield collection.  Id love to do some sort of religious cutout out front too if I can find one I like and the time to do it all!

• Like 1

JeffCarter    134
23 hours ago, Logan L. Johnson said:

Cool! Are those real chinese wisteria blooms? 

It's the kind that grows wild here in Georgia. Yes they are real.

Ok, so that would be wisteria sinensis (the invasive species). One of my favorite plants. Never thought of using it for cut flowers. 

RAB    41
On 1/10/2017 at 3:53 PM, JeffCarter said:

I recycle my Christmas tree...

Easter 2016

I love this!  Very nice.

Don Mcabee    76
On 1/10/2017 at 0:59 PM, Bucsfan15 said:

Blowmolds would be nice too. 

there is a lady on facebook selling easter blow molds. 

vette-kid    6
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, vette-kid said:

Im thinking of doing a cut-out fence peeker from the Winfield collection.  Id love to do some sort of religious cutout out front too if I can find one I like and the time to do it all!

Finally getting these finished up, ill try and post pics by the weekend.  I ended up with the fence peeker, and Easter egg and the cross (slightly modified).  I would love to do more eggs, time just isn't on my side).  I need to seal the bunny and string the lights for the cross and put the back on and im done.  I'm pretty pleased with the results (cant wait to see it lit up at night actually).

Bucsfan15    14
13 minutes ago, vette-kid said:

a89de90f7c6d80bd1a87b6a1b06e77a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thats awesome ! I dunno if Im gonna have a chance to do mine this year. Been working lots lately unfortunately. 

vette-kid    6
Thats awesome ! I dunno if Im gonna have a chance to do mine this year. Been working lots lately unfortunately. 

Thanks. I totally get the time constraint. Hopefully I'll get the cross finished in the next few days and get a pic up. I've had to do a lot of the work late at night after the kids go to bed.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk