News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

PlanetChristmas is getting a face lift.

Do the forums look a bit different?  We've refreshed the main theme.  Don't worry.  All your posts are still there.

Holiday Projectors

LED Light Sale of a Lifetime

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share a great opportunity buy if anyone is looking for LED lights in 5mm, M6 and C7. These lights are all Brand New in boxes or shrink wrapped spools. Please see the attachments for the Qtys and pricing. I'm quite confident that it is as low pricing as you'll ever see from my research.

All the LED Lights that we sell are single, I Mold construction. Wire gauge is 22. These are very well made lights, we have been using the same factory for 10 years now without issue. The reason for the low pricing is two fold. One our spools were mislabeled so we cannot sell them to retail, but this obviously doesn't matter for home use and our box lights did not arrive until mid November, so we are looking to lighten our load a little bit with those in the off season.

All sales will need to be in case packs, which are 4 for the spools and either 18 or 24 for the boxed lights. If you have any questions please fire away. [email protected]

Thanks,

Dan

Spools.pdf

Box Lights.pdf

• Like 2

Bill V    51
6 hours ago, KeysNole said:

Are these sealed bulbs or replaceable?

For anyone interested I have been in touch with Dan and requested sample strings. I will critique the product and share here on PC. The sample was promptly shipped and is due today. If the product is as advertised, molded husk, sealed non replaceable bulbs then these are some really great prices. 

55cgas    21

I'm curious if the multi strings are warm or cool. If they look close to incandescent's then i'd be interested in some.

Hi All,

To answer some questions. Yes, the LED's are one piece, they are not replaceable. I have been buying from the same factory since 2006 which should tell you something. 

The multi color whites have cool white LED's in the strand, not warm white.

Spools are $20 each, in cases of 4. That would be $80 a case. 

I'm going to list some other items in a bit that may be of interest to you guys...any questions feel free to ask away.

• Like 1

Bill V    51
On 3/9/2017 at 1:53 PM, KeysNole said:

Bill, any updates?

Sorry for the lag in getting back with a critique, I received a sample string from Dan as promised and am happy with the product. Very bright, no flicker, non replaceable and appear to be full wave. I was sent a string of 5mm and the domes are slightly smaller than the 5mm I have from HLE but when lit, are as bright. The only concern I had was just how sealed the lights are at the point where the wires enter, sacrificing the set I cut open several and although the design is different at the point of wire entry than what I am used to, once the wires enter the socket the bottom third of the socket is molded solid and appears to eliminate any water intrusion. So, IMHO thumbs up for the price.

WP_20170310_001.jpg

WP_20170308_001.jpg

WP_20170310_004.jpg

WP_20170310_005.jpg

• Like 1

Big J Illinois    286

Full wave is nothing more then a rectifier , to get rid of the flicker that you see from LED lights....call it a filter in essence...hope that helps....

• Like 1

Hi, Yes sale is still on but we are showing at a large show in Las Vegas this week so if all goes well these will be gone by next week. If anyone wants to place an order I would suggest moving on these soon.

Thanks,

Dan

• Like 1

Don Mcabee    76
6 hours ago, Holiday Projectors said:

Hi, Yes sale is still on but we are showing at a large show in Las Vegas this week so if all goes well these will be gone by next week. If anyone wants to place an order I would suggest moving on these soon.

Thanks,

Dan

ok you got my attention, now just a few questions to help determine if I want boxes or spools....#1 ....$80 for a case of 4 spools right? What is shipping to 29341, and can I mix and match to get a total of 4......#2...how many boxes in a case,,,,,total for a case shipped to 29341, and can I mix and match those...let me know asap. Thanks Don

Don Mcabee    76
6 hours ago, Holiday Projectors said:

Hi Don,

We have several open boxes of spools, let me know which ones you need and I'll get you a total.

Thanks,

Dan

red green blue and white cool or warm...Don

Don Mcabee    76
On 3/15/2017 at 11:57 AM, Holiday Projectors said:

Hi Don,

We have several open boxes of spools, let me know which ones you need and I'll get you a total.

Thanks,

Dan

still waiting on a quote for 4 spools shipped to 29341, red..green..white...and blue

Takoda    23
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, Big J Illinois said:

Full wave is nothing more then a rectifier , to get rid of the flicker that you see from LED lights....call it a filter in essence...hope that helps....

Actually, it isn't a filter at all, or even close to one.  Full wave means rectifying the entire sine wave of the incoming AC.  Half was only takes the positive alternation and converts it to DC while blocking the negative alternation.  This is why there is a 60 hertz flicker when a half wave rectifier is used.