News Ticker
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
RichardG

GFP Closing

21 hours ago, sathya44 said:

Listen up everybody.  I found out what the truth about GFP closing is.  They told me that sales and demand has nothing to do with it.  Their sales have been doing very well as well as the demand.  They know that a lot of people like their products.  I'm praying for them to find a new company.  I think Cado will buy all the pieces.  Cado is open to new ideas and suggestions.  They own all of Union and TPI blow molds too!  GFP expanded too rapidly.  Call GFP customer service at 1-855-277-0085. We should contact them and tell them that this isn't good.  

OK so no offense , Why are they closing?

8 hours ago, RichardG said:

Oh you're back. Calling them and begging them to remain open won't help. The owners of GFP have made up their minds. It has to deal with costs. I chatted with the CFO once I received the letter.
The hope is someone will buy them and continue their line. For now though the only thing that's certain is GF is closing at the end of the year. Layoffs begin next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on post, I couldnt agree more

I found out that they hired a finance company to help them find a buyer.  They want to please their customers.  They know that customers will be very upset if they close completely.  They don't really want to layoff their current employees.  They want to stay open and continue.  If a new company buys them, either the company name will change or it will continue to be GFP.  I have a feeling that they'll find a buyer.  What do you think?

I remain hopeful they find a buyer, but nothing has been said yet. As a business, I've been chatting with the employees and nothing yet on anyone buying them. Cado was in talks to purchase some of the molds, but nothing yet. Of course they don't wanna close. But unfortunately times are tough and prices are rising.

Well, I remain the same way.  We just don't know who'll purchase them.  Blow molds are definitely popular.  They're better than inflatables!  My guess is that the finance company is doing the work for them too!

They need to find a buyer, and allow people to direct order. I used to order direct from Union all the time in the 90's. Their requirement was a 200.00 Minimum only.

• Like 1

I can't blame them for not wanting to sell direct. Cado doesn't allow it either. They need to find a way to get the box stores to buy into them again. Walmart keeps carrying the 3 piece Nativity. And the pails. If they would get sales again from Walmart like they do Kmart and Menards their business may improve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nymark313 said:

They need to find a buyer, and allow people to direct order. I used to order direct from Union all the time in the 90's. Their requirement was a 200.00 Minimum only.

Yes we could order direct from Union Products but that did not help them stay in business, they closed their doors 11 years ago.

Mel

• Like 2

On 7/19/2017 at 7:07 AM, PhilaGriswold said:

From what I've seen, some of the sellers on eBay have lowered the price of the item but increased the price of shipping. Seems like the shipping prices have become unreasonable, like the seller is trying to make money on shipping. 

On 7/19/2017 at 11:17 AM, ccrowder said:

They do it to try and get around the fees for selling the item.  Ebay takes nothing from the 'shipping' costs.

That is no longer true.  A few years back eBay changed the fee structure to include selling price and shipping for exactly the reason you stated.  Too many dishonest sellers were gouging on the shipping cost to get around fees.

TED

Edited by TED

On 7/17/2017 at 6:04 PM, Franchise_24 said:

Want to talk about corporate greed and sending jobs overseas?  I have worked for Best Buy for 8 years now.  The last 5 of these years I have been working from home doing remote IT support.  You have issues, you call in and link up with us, I fix your problem.  Last Wednesday we found out that they are cutting 70% of our jobs (yes I got let go) and they are having our 3rd party company in the Philippines take over all the work.  Talk about a kick in the gut!  Now this with GF.  Where are we ever going to get brand new molds now?  I normally would buy 1 or 2 new ones each year, but who knows I may not even be able to afford to put up my display this year.  Corporate greed sucks!

I feel for you about your job situation. I am almost in the same boat, in IT for Siemens many years they bought a small IT company, moved all their IT people to it and started cutting benefits and pay to "make it profitable" sold it off to Atos who later on sold it to NSCGlobal, both are IT contractors. Helpdesk is in India and trying to do all support from there. Through all of this I lost 38 years seniority, roughly 20% in paycuts, pension and many benefits. Still working by a thin line but will be going soon, probably before year end! Crazy World. Hate to hear about GF I have several but want the Giant Santa, can't find in my area and shipping to buy online is too expensive. I may not be able to put my display up this year. But will get up a smaller one at best!!

Supposedly this Israeli based plastics manufacturing company called Starplast, is moving its overseas operations, here to the USA and have have been in talks with GFP.

They will be based out of Houston Texas. Who knows what the fate of the molds from GFP are. Cant even get parts. I called the other and tried ordering the light cords, and some extra choir boy/girl heads and they stated they are not selling parts, because they need to fullfill any orders they have left

Good luck getting them from GFP. They are not selling any extra parts.

On 8/9/2017 at 7:11 AM, Allen L. said:

True.  I guess I'll have to give up my plans, now that you have brought me back to sanity.  I was going to call myself "The Blow Mold Bandit" and wear a Santa Claus disguise.  My gun was going to be painted red and white like a candy cane.  Ho, Ho, Ho this is a stickup! Santa needs some new molds!  :lol:

You would have to say, "Ho Ho Ho This is a PEPPERMINT stick up!"  :D

On 7/17/2017 at 5:04 PM, Franchise_24 said:

Want to talk about corporate greed and sending jobs overseas?  I have worked for Best Buy for 8 years now.  The last 5 of these years I have been working from home doing remote IT support.  You have issues, you call in and link up with us, I fix your problem.  Last Wednesday we found out that they are cutting 70% of our jobs (yes I got let go) and they are having our 3rd party company in the Philippines take over all the work.  Talk about a kick in the gut!  Now this with GF.  Where are we ever going to get brand new molds now?  I normally would buy 1 or 2 new ones each year, but who knows I may not even be able to afford to put up my display this year.  Corporate greed sucks!

On 10/6/2017 at 8:49 AM, Edmirt said:

I feel for you about your job situation. I am almost in the same boat, in IT for Siemens many years they bought a small IT company, moved all their IT people to it and started cutting benefits and pay to "make it profitable" sold it off to Atos who later on sold it to NSCGlobal, both are IT contractors. Helpdesk is in India and trying to do all support from there. Through all of this I lost 38 years seniority, roughly 20% in paycuts, pension and many benefits. Still working by a thin line but will be going soon, probably before year end! Crazy World. Hate to hear about GF I have several but want the Giant Santa, can't find in my area and shipping to buy online is too expensive. I may not be able to put my display up this year. But will get up a smaller one at best!!

I'm sorry to hear about that.  Any time there's a "reorganization" watch out because bad things frequently follow.  Hopefully it will lead to something better for you guys.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:13 PM, nymark313 said:

Supposedly this Israeli based plastics manufacturing company called Starplast, is moving its overseas operations, here to the USA and have have been in talks with GFP.

They will be based out of Houston Texas.

Maybe (hopefully) something good will come from it.

TED

Edited by TED
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 1:13 PM, nymark313 said:

Who knows what the fate of the molds from GFP are. Cant even get parts. I called the other and tried ordering the light cords, and some extra choir boy/girl heads and they stated they are not selling parts, because they need to fullfill any orders they have left

On 10/16/2017 at 12:05 PM, RichardG said:

Good luck getting them from GFP. They are not selling any extra parts.

Well, I guess there's no need for me to call then...   I could use a few extra candle flames and stuff.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:31 PM, RichardG said:

Make your own light kit.

I'm with you on that!  You can probably make one that costs less and is better quality than the original.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:18 PM, Maroonz28 said:

American Sales has the light chords.

They play music?  ;) 

TED

Edited by TED
to build some musical light kits!

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, nymark313 said:

Yeah, I saw that they do, but if you get them direct from GFP, they are 6.00 each. I need about 12.

Here are some replacement sockets made by Leviton.  You would have to attach the plug/cords to them.

1) Leviton 2052-13 (Blow Mold "Figures")

2) Leviton 3352-F (Blow Mold "Noel Candles" & "Lamp Post")

3) Leviton 3352-4 (Blow Mold "Figures")

717odMdKGkL__SY450_.jpg

51bZYjL99bL__SL1000_.jpg

516+3P1HpVL__SY606_.jpg

Edited by Allen L.

25 minutes ago, Big J Illinois said:

Hey Allen, do those come with the metal spring clip, for blowmolds?

Satco 80-1093 (These only have wires coming out of them. No plug)

21q5IU44FtL.jpg.5a7544d297b3e576e68ec3645c01ab7e.jpg

NationalArtCraft.com has them with cord and plugs on them.

sub-0024-02.jpg.6eb2c2b62374580a6c9ae09a32f63799.jpg

If you are looking for a medium base socket with spring clips, Lowes has one.

039008773296.jpg

Edited by Allen L.

Hey everyone, sure you know, but Kmart and Sears have a very limited stock of some General Foam products, I bought 2 candy canes, several stores have a Ms Santa or Santa for pickup at store, very limited shipping though

Hey everyone, sure you know, but Kmart and Sears have a very limited stock of some General Foam products, I bought 2 candy canes, several stores have a Ms Santa or Santa for pickup at store, very limited shipping though

Sadly that’s going to be the scene all over. GF is way behind and allowing retailers to cancel orders cause there is no guarantee they will fulfill their orders.

On 10/19/2017 at 1:11 PM, Allen L. said:

Here are some replacement sockets made by Leviton.  You would have to attach the plug/cords to them.

1) Leviton 2052-13 (Blow Mold "Figures")

2) Leviton 3352-F (Blow Mold "Noel Candles" & "Lamp Post")

3) Leviton 3352-4 (Blow Mold "Figures")

717odMdKGkL__SY450_.jpg

51bZYjL99bL__SL1000_.jpg

516+3P1HpVL__SY606_.jpg

Do you have a model number for the cord and plug and what suppliers have them???

1 hour ago, nymark313 said:

Do you have a model number for the cord and plug and what suppliers have them???

Home Depot has them and other sites on the internet.  The only problem ordering online is the shipping cost.  Home Depot sells them under the Westinghouse brand name.  They cost $6.77 each.  Personally, I would buy a cheap small 6-12 ft extension cord at Walmart (Approx $1-$3) and cut the outlet end off, then strip the wires and attach.  Just attach wires where the screws on the sockets are located.

Home Depot has the Leviton Lamp Sockets too.

Leviton 3352-4  $3.24 each

Leviton 3352-f  $4.58 each

Leviton 2052-13  $8.03 each

You might be able to find the sockets cheaper online or at Amazon with free shipping.

westinghouse-lamp-accessories-7010100-64_1000.jpg

ab9bf2ca-3fe0-4bc5-a1a4-392399ba274e_1_cd0e42910803f19c64dc397a9d35ad74.jpg