News Ticker
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
RichardG

GFP Closing

Hello Everybody. I've heard no updates from General Foam.  I've gone to the GF website.  It's still the same.  There are no updates.  The website doesn't say GFP closing.  Maybe things have changed.  The General Foam blow mold catalog is the same.  Let's still remain hopeful they find a buyer.  In fact, I'm planning to start a blow mold business myself with other partners.  I know that I'll succeed.  

Nope. No change. They are closing at the end of this month. Auction sometime next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please keep all informed when you do get the company off the ground. We will all be searching high and low for molds to get our hands on. 😃

• Like 2

The business will be auctioning off all of their mold making machines. So lets see who picks them up. They wont be cheap!

Let's remain hopeful that they find a buyer!

On 12/14/2017 at 8:52 PM, RichardG said:

Nope. No change. They are closing at the end of this month. Auction sometime next year.

The website is still what it is.  That hasn't changed.  Maybe they'll find a buyer!

On 12/14/2017 at 8:55 PM, BamaSanta said:

Please keep all informed when you do get the company off the ground. We will all be searching high and low for molds to get our hands on. 😃

Meaning?

Let's remain hopeful that they find a buyer!
Meaning?

I’m sure my contact with GFP is more than what you have to go off. They are closing 12/31. The website hasn’t been updated in ages.

10 hours ago, RichardG said:

I’m sure my contact with GFP is more than what you have to go off. They are closing 12/31. The website hasn’t been updated in ages.

I don't know why it hasn't been updated.  I guess they haven't found a buyer.  I do know that they hired a finance company to help them find one!

Meaning... You said you was going to open a blowmold company along with other partners and that you know you will succeed. All I was asking was that you keep us here on Planet Christmas informed since no blowmold so are being made at this time and we will be looking high and low for molds.

Was at a local garden center today for their 60% off sale.  The manager of the store saw me with my card load of blow molds and I mentined to her that I thought it was the last chance to get them with the closing of GF.  She told me that their supplier just informed them that there was a buyer for the GF molds and he expected to sell them blow molds for next Christmas.  She said if she got further info she would post it on their web site.  Do not know if anyone else is hearing this rumor.....

Was at a local garden center today for their 60% off sale.  The manager of the store saw me with my card load of blow molds and I mentined to her that I thought it was the last chance to get them with the closing of GF.  She told me that their supplier just informed them that there was a buyer for the GF molds and he expected to sell them blow molds for next Christmas.  She said if she got further info she would post it on their web site.  Do not know if anyone else is hearing this rumor.....

That’s the first I’m hearing of this. I know some where already sold but not the whole company. Obviously everyone is off til Tuesday. I’ll see what I can find out from my contacts.

On 12/30/2017 at 10:56 AM, timpwk said:

That's good news.  What's the name of the company?  I haven't heard any announcement saying that GF is completely closing at all.  The latest I read on Google is that they're finding a buyer.  I also read that GF wasn't closing because of the demand.  It was because the investors decided to stop investing with them.  When my father spoke to GF Customer's Service, they said that they're looking for a buyer.  The website is still up.  The catalog is still the same.  That's good to know!  If GF stops manufacturing certain molds, I'll manufacture them.  That's because I'm  going to start a blow mold business and manufacture discontinued blow molds.  I know that they'll sell!

If you should manufacture these molds, are the prices in check with current prices or they going to gouge the market? Where is the manufacturing state? 

So the rumors will stop!
GFP does NOT have a buyer. Their remaining molds have not been bought.
This is from a trusted contact at GF. I removed their name and email so nobody can hound and badger them.

9a3ae063dbc1d6218eed15e3af8d6935.jpg

Well 12/31 was the last day for Tarboro. Well was supposed to.

I do know that the Tarboro location is permanently closed.  Norfolk, VA is still there.  I do know that the investors who invested with GF decided to invest somewhere else.  Demand and Sales has nothing to do with the reason they closed the Tarboro location.  Who bought some of their molds!

On 12/30/2017 at 10:56 AM, timpwk said:

Please let me know what the truth its!

16 hours ago, sathya44 said:

I do know that the Tarboro location is permanently closed.  Norfolk, VA is still there.  I do know that the investors who invested with GF decided to invest somewhere else.  Demand and Sales has nothing to do with the reason they closed the Tarboro location.  Who bought some of their molds!

Demand and sales still could have had a lot to do with their closing, if GFP didn't have the sales the investors wouldn't get a decent return on their investment and would move their investments somewhere they could get a better return.

Mel

• Like 1

Exactly what Mel said. And the only reason Norfolk still has people around is because they are still cleaning up and preparing for the auction. As for who bought the molds...nobody yet

I know of one.....just saw him on the news for the lotto winning. Just don’t know how to call him