News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

November PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download

The latest PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download.  See all the magazines here.

Hey community, 

This is my first post and we are new to this, so if I'm doing this wrong and/or not in the correct place, please let me know kindly and I will edit as needed.  Our company is called Victory Corps. We are over 100 years old and are the leader in manufacturing floral sheeting, fringe, and garland for party, events, and parades.  Our floral sheeting can be used as a back drop, table overlay/runner/skirt, or to wrap a column or set on the floor for texture.  Our garland and fringe are used for borders, skirting, hanging as streamers, and much more.

We are also excited to announce that www.MyDoorDecor.com is restocked with new designs for single car garages, double car garages, split car garages, and single indoor/outdoor front doors.  We have partnered with the old owner to increase capacity, service, lead times, and quality.  We are sold on Amazon under VICTORY CORPS and www.MyDoorDecor.com.

We manufacture everything in the USA (MINNESOTA TO BE EXACT)!

www.VictoryCorps.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/victorycorp/photos

www.MyDoorDecor.com 

I look forward to hearing everyone's comments and feedback.

Thanks!

285905XMAS_019_A.jpg

285905XMAS_021_A.jpg

285905XMAS_022_A.jpg

285905XMAS_016_A.jpg

285506_GREE_0.jpg

285506_RED_0.jpg

285506_SILV_0.jpg

285511_GREE_0.jpg

285510_RED_0.jpg

Superior Studios Global Shop (2).JPG

F1.JPG

Congratulations on your venture.  I couldn't find the garage door wrappings on the site, and I'd love to find out about those.

Glad to see MyDoorDecor is still up!  I bought one 5 or 6 years ago and it has held up amazingly well.  I would definitely buy one again....if I had another garage.  ;)

I have sent a PM regarding the garland and sheeting.

welcome,

Rich

Found the site...WOW!!!  The wife is in love with about 10 different ones.  What would be the latest one could order and expect to get delivery by Thanksgiving?

We are out of our hardware inventory for about 2 weeks now due to demand.  Once we get our next delivery of hardware, we should be good to go for the rest of the holiday seasons 2017.  

With that said, any order should ship out within 2 - 3 days once inventory arrives.

Thanks for your message!

3 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

To bad they don't make 8' high door covers......

Too funny Big J...I sent em a PM and said the same thing!   I do own one of the standard 7' sizes and hang it on my 8' garage door.  I simply tied longer cords on the bottom aluminum clips to the tension springs and it works great.  The perfection in me wishes it went all the way to the ground.  I have led floods that illuminate it.

MyDoorDecor....I would recommend adding pics of the mounting clips to your site or a short video showing how it hangs.  Quality attachment hardware and it goes on very easily.  I usually hang it all by myself in a few minutes.

4 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

do the spring clips rub on the door and scratch the paint off?

No.  Aluminum J hooks are adhered to the back of the top of the banner.  They are approx. 1 1/2" wide flat aluminum stock bent into a J shape to slip over the top edge of the garage door.  The same J hooks are attached by a thin cord along the bottom to clip under the bottom edge of the garage door.  On the bottom of the banner, adhered to the back, are plastic slides with a spring inside for tension connected to the other end of the cords.  The tensioners keep it tight and allow you to open the door.  I have had no damage/scratches to my door from any of the hardware...just slips on and off to mount.   The banner material is so thick that mine does not flap in the wind at all. 

I made a similar design for Halloween to black out the door.  I used heavy black plastic sheeting, fixed it to the bottom edge of the door and then wrapped it over the top edge of the door.  Inside, I use bungee cords to hold the top tight, yet allow it to move while opening/closing the door.  My monster bottom teeth are adhered to the bottom of the plastic and top teeth hang from the house trim.  Giant monster teeth and yet have a full functioning garage door.

Edited by qberg

I appreciate all the questions and feedback.  We should have most other sizes available by Q1 of 2018, so I appreciate your patience as we grow our assortment.

I do have a question:  Are there consumer shows that a lot of PC members attend that we should be at?

I would suggest the Christmas Expo.  There is a forum on the site with info.  Additionally, a lot of local groups have mini expos that I would watch out for.

http://www.planetchristmas.com/index.php?/forums/forum/204-christmas-expo/

and I would recommend hitting up Chuck to place an add in the PC Magazine and be listed as a vendor on this site

I have had 2 door covers for about 5 years and they are great - even in cold weather.  I was going to suggest that you ask Chuck Smith how to get included in the PC vendor list. . . .but now I can't find the list.  Hopefully that is temporary as I use the list a lot when looking for something different.  Also all of the vendors there are reliable because if you don't treat PC members well they will complain to the community and Chuck will delist the company.  Good Luck.

Is there a better place to put a promotion or a more appropriate place?

www.MYDOORDECOR.com 

20% ENTIRE ORDER

PROMO CODE:  DOORMENOW

Good thru 10/31.

Image may contain: outdoor

New Upgraded Hardware and NEW sizes available 8' x 8' / 8' x 9 / and 8' x 16'  

www.MyDoorDecor.com 

Promo code DOORMENOW still active this month for 20% off.