News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

PlanetChristmas is getting a face lift.

Do the forums look a bit different?  We've refreshed the main theme.  Don't worry.  All your posts are still there.

Big J Illinois

Menards has these sparkle GF pails

Seen these today ,while at Menards...pretty cool looking, might have to pick 2 up. There sloppy QC doesn't make a differance with these lololol

20171007_154854-1.jpg

My Target has the pink and purple. And the pink had 2 different shades. I passed on them. May have to go back again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

Hey Mel , did u get the purple ones as well?

No, Target did not have them in the store I went to, might check again.  I had seen both the pink and purple on Target.com, that's why I checked the store figured I might as well get them since GF was going out of business the end of the year and I wanted to make sure that pictures of them get added to blow-molded.com for the history of what GF made through the years.  Now I guess I should see if they have the second shade of pink to add it to the GF candy pail section.  There are 40 different GF pails in that section now and I still have at least two to three dozen different ones to take pictures of to add to the section.

http://blow-molded.com/General_Foam___Halloween_Pails.html

Mel

I went to the Smokey Point Target today and they had the purple sparkle pail so I got two of them for pictures.  They didn't have the pink ones and didn't know about that color.  Target is very disappointing for Halloween this year.

Mel

On 10/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, Big J Illinois said:

Seen these today ,while at Menards...pretty cool looking, might have to pick 2 up.

On 10/9/2017 at 3:18 PM, donna123 said:

Very cool pails.  Only in pink and purple?

I respectfully disagree with you two.  I think they are UGLY!  They actually look better in that picture than they did in person.  I saw them in Target.  (Regular pails were $1.  Glittered pails were $3.)  I did not see the 2 different shades of pink.  There were only a few glittered pumpkins and they were all kind of a sickly pale color.

BTW, I previously started a thread for the 2017 Pumpkin and Candy pails so we could keep up with what is available this year.

TED

46 minutes ago, Big J Illinois said:

Wo wo wo. ...lighten up Frances...sorry, I only posted what I observed,sorry TED:)

I'm light!  I'm light!  I really was not trying to give you a hard time or anything.  I'm sorry if it came across that way.  :D  It's really really ok with me if you like them and I don't like them.  Actually it may be that the ones you saw at Menard's are much better looking than the ones I saw at Target!  We  all know that the quality of some of the Gen Foam items can vary greatly!

TED

No worries:) Yea,GF has really gone down the toilet in there QC...I have yet to go to Target and compare. It's a shame they can't get there s### together and sell a moderately priced piece , and now we have $40 Chinese made pieces :( ....also, was gonna ask....LOWES....what's with all the China Made Disney at over inflated prices?

Paint on general foam looks like crap but also depends which piece you get. I bought 42 toy soldiers this year from Menards to add to my 16 I bought back in the late 80's/early 90's when empire made them and quality back then way better.

Well, everyone can quit their complaining about GF. They are closing at the end of this year and you may not see any molds in stores and what you do see will be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk