News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

PlanetChristmas is getting a face lift.

Do the forums look a bit different?  We've refreshed the main theme.  Don't worry.  All your posts are still there.

Big J Illinois

Seen these today at Menards

Seen these today ,while at Menards...hmmmmm, left overs from last year. They don't show them on there webite at all....asked the girl for the price, came back at $14.99 ea....

20171009_121129-1.jpg

I'm guessing left overs from last year, the menards by me did the same thing. They didnt sell all the C7 blow molds last year and they put them out this year, I know it's the left overs because the paint was so messed, it's why they never sold last year.

Were these popular last year?  Are they just a hanging decoration or do they have a light?

8 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

I wouldn't mind getting some of these, at a SUPER reduced rate of coarse and redo those. 

That's part of why the stores quit stocking blow molds most wanted them at a super low clearance price and wouldn't pay a fair retail price.  Good chance those will never be available again at any price except on eBay.  Even if someone does buy GenFoam's molds they may never make these.

Mel

• Like 1

I bought 3 sets (yes, they sold as as set of one each, blue & purple finials and the red bell) for $25 / set, from Amazon, two years ago.  I had seen them selling for as much as $50 ea from other retailers and also on e-Bay.   Then, last year, I found a "damaged packaging" set for $20.  The ornaments were fine and who really cares about the box anyway ??  LOL   That gave me the 4 sets I needed to go across the front of my house, hanging from the vintage green/metallic green garland.   The spacing gave me one extra bell, which I cut the clapper out of and put a light inside so it could be hung in the middle of the matching garland wreath, replacing the star (in the pic).   Really turned out nice.  This year Amazon has them listed for $43/set.  And e-Bay has them in the $20+ / each range.

IMG_2472.JPG

11 hours ago, donna123 said:

Were these popular last year?  Are they just a hanging decoration or do they have a light?

They are just decorations.  They finials do have a "pearlized" look to them.   I did cut the clapper out of one of the bells and put a light in and it looks fine.  The blue and purple ones are probably to dark of a plastic to try to light.   All of them are solid color plastic, the color is not painted on.

50 minutes ago, WLND-DAVID said:

I bought 3 sets (yes, they sold as as set of one each, blue & purple finials and the red bell) for $25 / set, from Amazon, two years ago.  I had seen them selling for as much as $50 ea from other retailers and also on e-Bay.   Then, last year, I found a "damaged packaging" set for $20.  The ornaments were fine and who really cares about the box anyway ??  LOL   That gave me the 4 sets I needed to go across the front of my house, hanging from the vintage green/metallic green garland.   The spacing gave me one extra bell, which I cut the clapper out of and put a light inside so it could be hung in the middle of the matching garland wreath, replacing the star (in the pic).   Really turned out nice.  This year Amazon has them listed for $43/set.  And e-Bay has them in the $20+ / each range.

IMG_2472.JPG

They are just decorations.  They finials do have a "pearlized" look to them.   I did cut the clapper out of one of the bells and put a light in and it looks fine.  The blue and purple ones are probably to dark of a plastic to try to light.   All of them are solid color plastic, the color is not painted on.

Thanks for the info.  They look great !

I have a set and love them! GF did make them this year as well. Just don’t know if the shipment to Menards had them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk