News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

November PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download

The latest PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download.  See all the magazines here.

Mel Fischer

Halloween

Apparently no one here does a Halloween display anymore.  Fortunately there are a couple of other groups that do.

Mel

• Like 1

we have a Halloween display about 95 inflatables, a few blow molds, etc.

I decorated my front porch and inside windows by Oct 1st.  Unfortunately I have been preoccupied with watching my stuff because there is someone driving around and stealing Halloween decorations.  My large blow molds are only on my front porch because I don't want to lose them.  The latest theft was an inflatable dragon 2 blocks from me.  Actually I just got an alert that a childs bike was stolen too.  This is usually a very safe area, but we have had thieves/addicts drive into our development and steal stuff for quick cash.  It is so frustrating. 

Coming down in a few days, just a couple shots of our Halloween,

100_4077.JPG

100_4076.JPG

100_4078.JPG

100_4071.JPG

100_4053.JPG

100_4080.JPG

by the way, the ghost and witches above the hay rake  rotate, used the rotation from a old Gemmy globe.

and the pole barn, love the deck, we store all of our Christmas in the attic of the pole barn.

got to get busy on Christmas, having surgery end of Nov and will be down for 4 weeks

Edited by xenon
dup pics
  • Like 2

Incredible display!   I put out about 20 blow molds and  so far this year I have five inflatables that are still working.  We've lived in this house for 20 years, but we've never been here for Halloween;  we've always been at my Moms.  My 19 year old informed us he has other plans, so we'll finally be home this year.  I'm looking forward to finding out if we even get trick or treaters out in the boondocks.  That's one of the reasons I've never tried to go crazy.  If I get to see lots of ghosts and goblins, then watch out for next year!

I have a display of about 30 blow molds out.  Decorating inside our garage this weekend for the trick or treaters.....

I have a few blowmolds , 1 inflatable, and some odds and ends, but I don't put it up till a few days before Oct 31st; then take it down Nov 1st.

I figured I would share my Halloween display with all of you this year.  I have acquired more than 60 new Halloween molds this year from General Foam Plastics!  This is my first year putting up a large Halloween display and I think it was a success.  We had lots of great comments and compliments from the trick-or-treaters and their parents tonight!  

IMG_20171025_204639684.jpg

IMG_20171025_204658836.jpg

IMG_20171025_204708249.jpg

IMG_20171025_204723952.jpg

IMG_20171025_204758681.jpg

IMG_20171025_204842462.jpg

IMG_20171025_204936816.jpg

IMG_20171030_212528845.jpg

IMG_20171031_173108858.jpg

IMG_20171031_173114338.jpg

IMG_20171031_173118394.jpg

IMG_20171031_173123552.jpg

IMG_20171031_173126812.jpg

IMG_20171031_173131106.jpg

IMG_20171031_173143167.jpg

IMG_20171031_173155906_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171031_173202690.jpg

• Like 3

Looks awesome.  What is that Linus in Pumpkin?  A prototype or not a mold?

Brian, I saw Linus and instantly thought the same thing, it must be the prototype!  I am happy to see it in the display of a new Halloween decorator and I hope he knows what he has there and take good care of it.  That is a great looking display.

What are those pumpkins with owls and pumpkins with cat sitting on the steps?  Are they blow molds and are they General Foam?

After looking at the pictures more I see that there are some wonderful blow molds there what with Linus, the pumpkins with owl, the pumpkins with cat, the green tombstone, the pink tombstone, the purple gargoyle, the white Halloween bear, etc.

Mel

Edited by Mel Fischer

3 hours ago, Jordan Mills said:

I figured I would share my Halloween display with all of you this year.  I have acquired more than 60 new Halloween molds this year from General Foam Plastics!  This is my first year putting up a large Halloween display and I think it was a success.  We had lots of great comments and compliments from the trick-or-treaters and their parents tonight!

You have a lot of cool items there!  When you say acquired from Gen Foam do you mean that you got them directly from Gen Foam?  Are the green and the pink tombstones actually that color plastic or were they painted?

53 minutes ago, Mel Fischer said:

Brian, I saw Linus and instantly thought the same thing, it must be the prototype!  I am happy to see it in the display of a new Halloween decorator and I hope he knows what he has there and take good care of it.  That is a great looking display.

What are those pumpkins with owls and pumpkins with cat sitting on the steps?  Are they blow molds and are they General Foam?

After looking at the pictures more I see that there are some wonderful blow molds there what with Linus, the pumpkins with owl, the pumpkins with cat, the green tombstone, the pink tombstone, the purple gargoyle, the white Halloween bear, etc.

Mel

I had some of the same thoughts!  I'm thinking these came directly from Gen Foam!

TED

Edited by TED

7 hours ago, bmichael said:

Looks awesome.  What is that Linus in Pumpkin?  A prototype or not a mold?

The Linus came from GFP and is a 3-D print prototype.  

5 hours ago, Mel Fischer said:

Mel

I do know that the Linus and many of the other molds are quite valuable and do promise to take very good care of them.  All of the gargoyles and tombstones are unique from each other as they have different plastic makeups and paint.  In fact, many of the molds you see are actually General Foam sample molds that have been hand-painted, or are experimental molds using different plastic color combinations.  The pumpkins with owls and pumpkins with cat are all molds.  These are prototype/samples with a different color plastic than what was ever mass produced.  I believe the ones mass produced had orange plastic.  They are General Foam as far as I know.  

4 hours ago, TED said:

You have a lot of cool items there!  When you say acquired from Gen Foam do you mean that you got them directly from Gen Foam?  Are the green and the pink tombstones actually that color plastic or were they painted?

I had some of the same thoughts!  I'm thinking these came directly from Gen Foam!

TED

I have been buying all of these molds from General Foam's clearance/liquidation sale in Norfolk.  I have spent a ton of money there and made almost a dozen 3 hour round trips there, but I think it has been worth it since I have been able to buy so many molds that were never intended to be sold to the public.  The green and red tombstones are the actual plastic colors.  They said they were experimenting with the plastics when it comes to the different colored molds.  

I do plan on sharing more pictures in the future and giving all of you more details into what I have bought from GF.  I have bought around 350 new molds from them this year which has cost a fortune, but I have ended up with some really cool pieces.  I think you all with really enjoy some of the one-of-a-kind molds I will be showing all of you in the coming weeks and months.  

WOW!!  Thanks so much for posting these pics.  The Linus and the smaller ones on the steps made me zoom in to get a closer look.  To see pieces that never made it to production is absolutely amazing.

Edited by donna123

I would kind to do a Disney/kid friendly Halloween. Right now I just have a mickey and minnie led wire frame from Lowes and the Disney projector. But I'd love to add to it next year. Nothing as big as what some of you have done, although there are some pretty elaborate displays in our neighborhood.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have the Linus!!! You my friend are lucky. I am extremely jealous you got that. Awesome find sir. Take great care of it. And lovely display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, RichardG said:

You have the Linus!!! You my friend are lucky. I am extremely jealous you got that. Awesome find sir. Take great care of it. And lovely display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is still another one of these out there!  I was only able to buy one and I know there were at-least two of these made.  Not sure who else bought the 3-D print, but someone has the other one.  

1 hour ago, Jordan Mills said:

There is still another one of these out there!  I was only able to buy one and I know there were at-least two of these made.  Not sure who else bought the 3-D print, but someone has the other one.  

Nice setup, you have some very good pieces there. I would be a little nervous about even putting them out.

1 hour ago, Jordan Mills said:

Jordan,

Does the Linus have a place for a light?  I noticed that yours is not lighted.

1 hour ago, shane page said:

Nice setup, you have some very good pieces there. I would be a little nervous about even putting them out.

I was nervous about having some of them out but I do have security cameras so if anyone tried to take them, they would be caught on camera.  I only had the molds out for a week and Linus was only out for 2-3 hours while there were trick-or-treaters.  

19 minutes ago, donna123 said:

Jordan,

Does the Linus have a place for a light?  I noticed that yours is not lighted.

Linus does not have a light because it is a 3-D print.  There is a place on the back where the light kit would go but it is not cut out.  The plastic is so thick on it that it would not have lit well anyways because it is not blow molded plastic.  Had the mold actually been mass produced, it probably would have looked really good lit up.  It actually weighs 20+ pounds or so because the plastic is so thick on it.  I will post better pictures of it, front and back, later on when I have some more time on my hands.  

• Like 1

Very cool that you were able to acquire those pieces...especially with General Foam being so secretive about their products and dealing with general public.

Jordan, PLEEEEASE move to my neighborhood!!  Broken Arrow, Ok. isn't that far a move and we'd help you set up!

6 hours ago, Jordan Mills said:

I do know that the Linus and many of the other molds are quite valuable and do promise to take very good care of them.  All of the gargoyles and tombstones are unique from each other as they have different plastic makeups and paint.  In fact, many of the molds you see are actually General Foam sample molds that have been hand-painted, or are experimental molds using different plastic color combinations.  The pumpkins with owls and pumpkins with cat are all molds.  These are prototype/samples with a different color plastic than what was ever mass produced.  I believe the ones mass produced had orange plastic.  They are General Foam as far as I know.  

Now we know that the molds for the pumpkins with owls and pumpkins with cat still exist and that General Foam has them, hopefully someone will buy those and reproduce them again in the future.  Through the years there have been different opinions of who originally made those but no one has come up with any confirmed information on them other then word of mouth.  There have been guesses at either Tico Toys or Bayshore but as I said no one has come up with any real confirmation on it.  For that matter, I don't think I have ever seen one with confirmed original lighting.

Mel