News Ticker
  • Christmas 2017 countdown has begun. Most people reveal their displays the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.

November PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download

The latest PlanetChristmas Magazine is now available to download.  See all the magazines here.

HVACR

Christmas Vacation

I am not sure is this is the proper place to post this request. If not please direct me to the correct forum category.

I am looking for a blow mold like the one on the movie "Christmas Vacation" . The Santa and reindeer. 

If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks

HVACR

I am not sure is this is the proper place to post this request. If not please direct me to the correct forum category.
I am looking for a blow mold like the one on the movie "Christmas Vacation" . The Santa and reindeer. 
If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Thanks
HVACR

Not sure if there is one exactly like that one. But there is the General Foam one that’s kinda close.
http://www.richardsholidayshop.com/product-p/c6480.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for one with 3 sets of reindeer or more. I have been looking to a few hours. What you gave a link to is what I am finding also. I will keep looking. This will be for next years display.

Thanks

HVACR

The Empire/General Foam Santa and sleigh was used in the movie, not sure who made those reindeer though

1 hour ago, HVACR said:

Looking for one with 3 sets of reindeer or more. I have been looking to a few hours. What you gave a link to is what I am finding also. I will keep looking. This will be for next years display.

Thanks

HVACR

Hope you find one.  I have always loved mine.  With General Foam going out of business at the end of this month, I'm beginning to think that the price will go up in the near future.  Good Luck! 

Unfortunately unless you find it used you won’t be able to find a set with more than one deer. What was available was a sleigh with one deer and then additional deer were sold separately to get more to the sleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sleigh is an empire sleigh that the prop department painted brown. The exact deer in the movie aren't blow mold, they were paper mache so they would break easily when Clark kicks them.

I know he punched santa in the face and kicked it. But if it's paper mache, and he destroyed it then...when Uncle Louis, throws a match to the sewer gas that Cousin Eddie caused....Merry Christmas Sh####s Full....shows a blowmold set ,flying up from the explosion...is that the same one?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Big J Illinois said:

I know he punched santa in the face and kicked it. But if it's paper mache, and he destroyed it then...when Uncle Louis, throws a match to the sewer gas that Cousin Eddie caused....Merry Christmas Sh####s Full....shows a blowmold set ,flying up from the explosion...is that the same one?

Santa was blow mold. The deer were paper mache.  And now I have the star spangled banner stuck in my head - specifically Aunt Bethany's rendition :lol:

• Haha 2

Oh dear, did I break wind...lolol   Now back to what HVACR was asking, have you looked on Letgo,OfferUp or Craigs?There are lots of them near the 60515 zip by me, pricey, but available 

• Haha 1

"We're gonna have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny &$/@?!# Kay!"

Sorry....now back to the OP

Edited by donna123
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, donna123 said:

"We're gonna have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny &$/@?!# Kay!"

3 hours ago, donna123 said:

3 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

Oh dear, did I break wind...lolol   Now back to what HVACR was asking, have you looked on Letgo,OfferUp or Craigs?There are lots of them near the 60515 zip by me, pricey, but available 

4 hours ago, The Blow Mold Expert said:

Santa was blow mold. The deer were paper mache.  And now I have the star spangled banner stuck in my head - specifically Aunt Bethany's rendition :lol:

4 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

Love "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" and "A Christmas Story":lol:    By the way, I just won my "Major Award" this year!

The Official website for A Christmas Story:  http://www.redriderleglamps.com/products/leg-lamps/all/a-christmas-story-50-deluxe-full-size-leg-lamp

They sell merchandise for "A Christmas Story" and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".

Here is my "Major Award in my window!  Sorry for the bad picture.  I used my phone instead of the digital camera.

IMG_20171129_200913637.jpg

Edited by Allen L.
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Allen L. said:

Love "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" and "A Christmas Story":lol:    By the way, I just won my "Major Award" this year!

The Official website for A Christmas Story:  http://www.redriderleglamps.com/products/leg-lamps/all/a-christmas-story-50-deluxe-full-size-leg-lamp

They sell merchandise for "A Christmas Story" and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".

Here is my "Major Award in my window!  Sorry for the bad picture.  I used my phone instead of the digital camera.

IMG_20171129_200913637.jpg

Love it !!  When that kid gets his tongue stuck to the metal pole I just cringe.  That lamp is iconic for sure and it looks fabulous in your window.  Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story are two of my favorites.  You know when so many people can recite lines from a movie that it was a great movie!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, donna123 said:

Love it !!  When that kid gets his tongue stuck to the metal pole I just cringe.  That lamp is iconic for sure and it looks fabulous in your window.  Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story are two of my favorites.  You know when so many people can recite lines from a movie that it was a great movie!  

"You know when so many people can recite lines from a movie that it was a great movie!"

Donna,

What you said is so true!  Every time I hear the song "Deck the Halls", I think about the version in "A Christmas Story".

Deck the harrs with boughs of horryyy, Fa-ra-ra-ra-raaa, ra ra ra raa! Tiis the season to be jorry....  :lol:

• Haha 2

I wanted to do that for our Christmas card this year....Kids with their tongues stuck to the flag pole....The leg lamp in the background would be the icing on the cake.

the wife said no  :(

Edited by qberg
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, qberg said:

I wanted to do that for our Christmas card this year....Kids with their tongues stuck to the flag pole....The leg lamp in the background would be the icing on the cake.

the wife said no  :(

That would be awesome!  You should have looked at her and said "Scroooooooge" like the ghost of Jacob Marley in A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott.  You could have also said "You were always jealous of this lamp!" Jealous because I won!" "You used up all the glue on purpose!" then turn to walk away and say "NOT-A-FINGA!".    Just Kidding! LOL! :lol:

11 minutes ago, Big J Illinois said:

I wish there was trivia of Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story....

I think we would all do a great job with trivia questions and it would be so much fun!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

When Clark kicks the blow mold it looks like me when the circut breaker kicks out.  :lol: