News Ticker
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
hotrod1965

2018 Pre Sale is Live!

Greetings!

I hope everyone is have a great light show season!

It's that time of year to start our pre sale! It is just like past years, where it runs from now until the end of February. Orders over $1000 ship for free. Orders paid in full get an extra 2% discount or you can pay a 50% deposit with the balance due when your order is ready to ship. 

One big change this year is with our C7 and C9 bulbs: 

We are switching over to bulbs that have a SMD LED. It's "Surface Mounted Device". Think of it as how a LED flashlight LED works. Instead of having a cluster of 5 LED's, we now have one high powered LED. In theory, the SMD bulbs should be more durable because there are fewer parts. They also have a little more light output. 

For our Ceramic style bulbs, this is a manufacturer change from the previous ceramic bulbs. They are now being made by Minleon, which is who made all our faceted bulbs in the past. This is for cost reasons. We've combined manufacturing and shipping on all our bulbs now, which has dropped the price. You'll see that pricing on all our C7 and C9 bulbs is lower this year because of this. We also have three price tiers this year. Single bulbs, 25 pack and full case of 1000. 

Our RGB line also got a make over for 2018. A lot of our RGB strands are now being made to work seamlessly with our Pixel Command Center controller. This makes setting up pixel displays a little more plug and play than in the past. All strands have plugs, as well as various lengths of pre-made extension cables are now available. We should be getting our first load of these before the sale is over! 

We have a bunch of lights in stock and ready to ship now. These are all at pre-sale pricing, making it a great opportunity to get a great deal with immediate shipping! The list of in stock lights can be seen here: https://www.holiday-light-express.com/in_stock_lights.php

As always, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

I am just curious if you have considered putting together a Multi pack for the C7/c9 bulbs at all? And how soon you will be able to show a side by side comparison of the SMD LED Vs. the 3 or 5 LED's. I currently use C7 bulbs with Icicles along our roof line, but I know more and more of the bulbs are showing their age (almost 10 years old already) So I am anxious to see these new bulbs and how bright they are compared to what I have. 

I looked at your site and see there are currently no C9 Ceramic SMD available. I assume, then, this would be an “order and wait until June” item, no?

Additional question: I have been eyeing the Opticore lights available in the link below. I’m wondering if you have any comments as to the appearance differences between your SMD Ceramic vs this Opticore version. To be frank, I’d prefer to save money and your prices are roughly 25% lower than theirs but I do have a 20% code through them so the end price is close to a wash. Thus, I’m looking for a bit more info (as isthe poster above) on your SMD version so I can understand any potential differences and go from there.

https://www.christmaslightsetc.com/p/C9--Multicolor-Smooth-OptiCore-LED-Replacement-Bulbs-14002.htm#62139

TIA

Edited by hardisj

4 hours ago, hardisj said:

I looked at your site and see there are currently no C9 Ceramic SMD available. I assume, then, this would be an “order and wait until June” item, no?

Additional question: I have been eyeing the Opticore lights available in the link below. I’m wondering if you have any comments as to the appearance differences between your SMD Ceramic vs this Opticore version. To be frank, I’d prefer to save money and your prices are roughly 25% lower than theirs but I do have a 20% code through them so the end price is close to a wash. Thus, I’m looking for a bit more info (as isthe poster above) on your SMD version so I can understand any potential differences and go from there.

https://www.christmaslightsetc.com/p/C9--Multicolor-Smooth-OptiCore-LED-Replacement-Bulbs-14002.htm#62139

TIA

Correct, the SMD bulbs would be a true pre order. 

I couldn't tell you the difference between our SMD's and the Opticore. It wouldn't surprise me if they were made in the same place and Wintergreen just but the Opticore trademark on them. 

I can tell you ours are made by Minleon which is the best in class when it comes to C7 and C9 replacement bulbs.

It's been real snowy and super cold, so I haven't braved the out doors to shoot a video of the new bulbs. But, I will try to get it done in the next few days.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:49 PM, Jeremy Lawton said:

Any update on getting video footage of the SMD bulbs? More particularly the c7 bulb? Thanks!! 

I think I'm just going to stop waiting for better weather and shoot some videos indoors. That way you can at least see them side by side.