Do we really need candy canes and what do the colors mean?

We got some help from NoerlNoelNoel.com on this candy cane history. One of the most often seen symbols of Christmas…

Simple RGB… PLEASE!

RGB lighting is coming at us like a freight train.  Light-O-Rama kicked off the trend years ago with their incredible…

Incandescents. Tried, true and cheap but what power hogs!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked why with mini-lights, when one burns out, how do the…

Where to start when thinking about putting on a great show…

If you really want to do something special, think about computerizing your light display. Imagine being able to control exactly…

How much power are you going to need and can you ever have too much?

You’ve got thousands of Christmas lights yet you have no idea how many can be plugged into a typical wall…

Build a website and tell the world what you’re doing.

A very special thanks to Greg Zimmerman for writing this! Seems like everyone has a website but you.  Why not? …

Looking for the forums?

The forums are still here… though they’ve been moved.  Change your browser shortcut to forums.planetchristmas.com

Take me to the forums!

What are the PlanetChristmas forums?  It’s where the decorating community gathers to trade ideas, offer help and do a bit of showing off.  Come join us.  Click the button above.

Until Christmas

(the most magical day of the year)

Until the Reveal

(typically just after Thanksgiving)

Now this is a light show!

What an Outdoor Display!

Silent Monks Singing