Windows 8 and Christmas

And then there was Windows 8… my head hurts. Why talk about a geeky operating system on a Christmas website?  Many…

Cherry double chocolate cookies are the best!

from Tennessee Magazine Ingredients • Cherry Double Chocolate Cookies • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa…

Trial underway for family sued over Christmas display

A Plantation, Florida woman took the stand to defend her family’s right to put up a massive Christmas display at…

Ropelight is soooooo easy AND super-durable.

Ropelight is a great way to decorate almost anything. It’s the closest thing you can get to actual neon bulbs…

Add drama to your show with a fog machine.

Those fog/bubble/snow machines can be great for creating all kinds of special effect. Perhaps the best effect is the look…

Simple RGB House

From a recent edition of PlanetChristmas Magazine. Now a little from the article… We ordered a Light-O-Rama CMB24D controller and…

Looking for the forums?

The forums are still here… though they’ve been moved.  Change your browser shortcut to forums.planetchristmas.com

Take me to the forums!

What are the PlanetChristmas forums?  It’s where the decorating community gathers to trade ideas, offer help and do a bit of showing off.  Come join us.  Click the button above.

March 5, 2017

LEDs vs. incandescent lights… there’s a real difference.

This was supposed to be easy. Determine once and for all if it’s time for all of us to switch…
      October 14, 2017

Simple RGB… PLEASE!

RGB lighting is coming at us like a freight train.  Light-O-Rama kicked off the trend years ago with their incredible…
      March 10, 2017

The Dirty Little Secret. Pixels are Power Hogs.

Pixel trees.  Good gosh they’re amazing to watch.  They make a show ‘pop’ and get people talking. But… I built…
      March 5, 2017

No loud music but instead think about your own radio station.

It’s cold and you’re stuck in the car with all of the windows rolled up, looking at the thousands of…

Until Christmas

(the most magical day of the year)

Until the Reveal

(typically just after Thanksgiving)

Now this is a light show!

What an Outdoor Display!

Silent Monks Singing