PlanetChristmas Magazine Rate Card
If you want your company or products need to be seen by serious decorators, you need to be in PlanetChristmas magazine.
We keep our media kit in a digital form on the Internet. It’s always up-to-date and much harder to misplace.
- Advertising Rates
- Ad Sizing
- Subscriber List Discount
- Creating Ads
- Ad Sizing
- Digital File Submissions
- Contact Us
- The Fine Print
With a digital distribution of 24,000+, the publication is targeted at serious professional and home decorators. PlanetChristmas Magazine is in full color and a perfect vehicle to get your product information in front of qualified buyers. Advertising rates are below. All ads are four color. Price includes ad design/layout by graphic artist based on 30 minutes/quarter page. Graphic artist time in excess is billed at $100/hour in minimum 30 minute increments. Premium positions (inside and back covers) are not cancellable.
The On-Line version of the magazine has the same look and feel as printed publications but is fully digital. A good example can be found here. Ads can have live web links embedded and all click thru traffic is monitored and available for your analysis. The on-line version of the magazine is submitted to the search engines and stays available for one year. Ad sizes are the same as the printed magazine but scaled appropriately depending on the size of monitor the reader is using (though the reader can always magnify any section of any page.)
All ads are four color. Price includes ad design/layout by graphic artist based on 10 minutes/quarter page. Graphic artist time in excess is billed at $125/hour in minimum 30 minute increments. 10% discount for camera ready ad with no modifications required. Premium positions (inside and back covers) are not cancellable.
|Size of Ad
|2 Page Spread||$819||$778||$739||$702||$667|
Premium Positions for On-Line Magazine
|Size of Ad
|Inside Front Cover||$596||$566||$537||$510||$486|
|Inside Back Cover||$508||$481||$458||$434||$413|
|Ad Size||Ad width and height|
|2 Page Spread||17.000″ x 10.875″
(5100p x 3263p)
|Full Page||8.500″ x 10.875″
(2550p x 3263p)
|2/3 Page Horizontal||7.500″ x 6.520″
(2250p x 1956p)
|9.875″ x 3.660″
(2963p x 1098p)
|1/2 Page Horizontal||7.500″ x 4.850″
(2250p x 1455p)
|2.380″ x 9.875″
(714p x 2963p)
|1/3 Page Horizontal||7.500″ x 3.180″
(2250p x 954p)
|1/4 Page||3.660 x 4.850″
(1098p x 1455p)
|Business Card||3.500 x 2.000″
(1050p x 600p)
Mechanical physical ad size details: width x height in inches (pixels)
|Magazine Mechanicals||Ad width and height|
|8.500″ x 10.875″ (2550p x 3263p)|
|8.625″ x 11.125″ (2588p x 3338p)|
|17.250″ x 11.125″ (5175p x 3338p)|
Like the rest of the publishing industry, PlanetChristmas Magazine is an all digital operation. We accept: Quark Xpress, Photoshop, Illustrator or .PDF files. We prefer camera ready artwork to be submitted in a PDF/X-1a format. All art should be saved in TIFF or EPS format, CMYK for color work. If changes are to be made by the PlanetChristmas Magazine production department, please leave layers in .TIF or .PSD files. If you are not sending a press ready .PDF, please include all fonts, art files and a laser or color proof. Complete digital files should be provided by the advertiser so you are confident in how your ad will appear. This publication is printed web offset, saddle stitched when on paper. For additional answers to any questions, please call 615-301-1671.
Intimidated by the thought of creating a professional four color ad for a nationally distributed magazine? You probably should be. This is an opportunity to put your best foot forward and make a lasting impression so you want your company to look its best! We’re here to help.
The PlanetChristmas Magazine staff of graphic designers has put together a document that can guide you through the ad creation process. We’ll bore you with some of the technical requirements and then ask a series of questions to focus on what you want your ad to say. One of our designers will then create the ad and let you proof and tweak it via email. Where should you start? Click here to download the PlanetChristmas Ad Creation document.
PlanetChristmas Magazine can be targeted towards your existing customer list. A one-time 15% ad discount is available for adding your confidential, prioritized address list to the existing PlanetChristmas subscriber list.
The PlanetChristmas mailing list will not be sold to anyone and will remain confidential. The list is not available to readers or advertisers.
Payment in U.S. Funds only and due within 30 days after digital publication of the magazine. A late fee of 1.5% per month (which works out to an annual percentage rate of 18%) is charged on any unpaid balances over 30 days. All accounts greater than 89 days past due are automatically turned over for collection. Thirty days written notice required for cancellation. Covers (inside and/or back) cannot be cancelled.
- Materials will not be returned to Advertiser unless specifically requested by Advertiser. Materials will be discarded after six (6) months.
- Payment in full is due within thirty (30) days of the initial invoice date. Advertising privileges will be suspended on accounts over 90 days past due. All expenses and legal fees incurred in collecting outstanding invoices will be paid by the Advertiser. PlanetChristmas reserves the right to require payment in advance of publication.
- Advertiser shall submit to PlanetChristmas all advertising and editorial materials not later than forty-five (45) days prior to publication. Alterations requiring additional work will be charged at current rates. Insertion orders are binding after closing dates. Cancellations must be received no later than 5 days after the Space Reservation Due date. Advertisers canceling after this date will be billed for space ordered. No cancellations are accepted after closing dates without written agreement from PlanetChristmas.
- PlanetChristmas reserves the right to reject any advertisement at any time after receipt of proof of text, copy and/or illustrations, even though a prior similar order may have been approved. PlanetChristmas shall have the right to omit any advertisement when the space allotted to advertising has been filled. Unintentional or inadvertent failure to publish advertising invalidates the insertion order for that issue only. Failure of PlanetChristmas to insert any advertisement shall be considered immaterial and shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement, nor shall PlanetChristmas be liable for damages thereof. In such event, Advertiser shall have the option of having such advertisement printed in a future issue under these Terms and Conditions or of having no charge for such advertisement not inserted. Advertisements already run shall be paid for at rates in the Rate Card. PlanetChristmas reserves the right to require any advertising to be labeled “advertisement.”
- PlanetChristmas shall not be liable for any damages for failure to fulfill an order for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to labor disputes, strike, war, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm, act of God, or any other circumstances. In such event, Advertiser’s sole remedies shall be those in paragraph 4 above.
- Any specification or order for the use or non-use of any particular page or position where the advertisement is to be inserted shall be treated as a request only, and PlanetChristmas shall not be obligated to comply with said request. In the event said request for position is granted, Advertiser shall pay an additional position charge.
- Any taxes which may be imposed on any advertising shall be advanced by PlanetChristmas on behalf of Advertiser, be billed to Advertiser and be due and payable immediately.
- PlanetChristmas reserves the right to cancel this Agreement at any time upon Advertiser’s failure to pay any bill when due.
- In the event PlanetChristmas must employ an attorney to collect sums due hereunder or to enforce compliance by Advertiser with any of the terms of this Agreement, Advertiser shall pay to PlanetChristmas attorney’s fees and other costs incurred by PlanetChristmas in connection with any legal actions and appeals thereof.
- Advertisers will be short rated if, within a 12 month period from the date of the first insertion, they do not use the amount of space upon which their billing has been based.
- Advertiser shall indemnify PlanetChristmas and hold PlanetChristmas harmless from any and all loss, cost, expense and damages on account of any and all manner of claims, demands, actions and proceedings that may be instituted against PlanetChristmas on grounds alleging that any advertisement submitted hereunder by or on behalf of Advertiser violates any copyright or any proprietary right of any person, or that it contains any matter that is libelous or scandalous, or invades any person’s right to privacy or other personal rights. Advertiser agrees at Advertiser’s own expense, to promptly defend and continue the defense of any such claim, demand, action or proceeding that may be brought against PlanetChristmas, provided that PlanetChristmas shall promptly notify Advertiser with respect thereto. The Advertiser shall reimburse PlanetChristmas for any amount paid by PlanetChristmas in settlement of claims or in satisfaction of judgments obtained by reason of publication of such advertising copy, together with all expenses incurred in connection therewith, including but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs.
- This writing contains the entire Agreement of the Parties. No representations were made or relied upon by either party, other than those expressly set forth in this Agreement. No agent, employee or other representative of either party is empowered to alter any of the terms hereof, unless done in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer, employee or other representative of the respective parties.
- Should any part of this Agreement, for any reason, be declared invalid, such decision shall not affect the validity of any remaining portion, which remaining portion shall remain in force and effect as if this Agreement had been executed with the invalid portion thereof eliminated and it is hereby declared the intention of the parties hereto that they would have executed the remaining portion of this Agreement without including therein any such part, parts, or portion which may, for any reason, be hereafter declared invalid.
- This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of Tennessee. Venue for any legal actions regarding this Agreement shall be in the state of Tennessee.
Planet Publishing Group (www.PlanetPublishingGroup.com)
Attn: PlanetChristmas Magazine Division
245 Pebble Glen Drive
Franklin, TN 37064