from Tennessee Magazine
• Cherry Double Chocolate Cookies
• 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 3 1/2 ounce milk chocolate chips
• 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
• 1 cup dried cherries.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat together butter and brown sugar at medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until well combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Add chocolate chips, pecans and cherries until incorporated. Drop tablespoon of dough about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
Bake, switching positions of sheets halfway through baking until puffed and set, 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool one minute then transfer to wire rack to allow to cool completely. Makes two dozen incredible