Looking for lights

Hi everybody!!!!

Here is my situation. I am in Quebec, Canada and the stores around me are all out of christmas lights. I mean totally wiped out. Most of them did not even put them on sale. They just stored them for next year. I read that this seem to be the situation in some areas of the US too.

I am loooking for 20 x 100ct red, 20 x 100ct green and 20 x 100ct clear all minis for next years display.

Right now, I have 9000 lights all static but next year I want to go with LOR and go up to 15 000 light.If I buy the light at retail next fall,I will have to pay5.00$ or more + tax per 100ct which is insane.

I would like to know if anybody would be interested in selling me those lights at a fair price and I would pay for the shipping.

Thanks in advance... :happytree:

I dont have any lights to offer - sorry!

I am not sure of the available retailers in canada, but in some spots in the u.s. we have Ace hardware stores. I checked my local ace and they were willing to order the lights for me, but at full price - about $3.00/box. Obviously that was too high so I forgot about that idea.

The local dealer said that if I came in after christmas he would call and see if their warehouse which had a large supply of clears at least - would deal with me. You might try that - if one is available.

This was my first year doing animation with 30,000 lights and was so looking forward to adding another 20,000 next year but what a disappointment. Last year I pretty much got all I wanted at 50% off before Christmas only to find that this year most places around here did not even mark down to 50% off because they were just about out of everything before Christmas. I have been a little down in the dumps because I wanted at least 5000 more of each the 100 ct red, blue, green and clear minis and only ended up with a few boxes of each. Iwas thinking of writing a letter to the store managers complaining that they did not order enough this year to allow me to get them at half off but have a feeling my case is pretty weak. Even had my brother who went home for the holidays in NJ check for me but he ran into the same problems there so at least I feel better that it is not just here. Any chance that at the Plus 2007 there will be lights for sale there at a reasonable price?

it is true at least at target, they stored their lights from this year, at least at the local one because of the price of copper, fortunatly my friend works at our target i got some leds i hide them incamping section christmas eve shhh don't tell anyone and the day after i bought them. i wonder if they noticed.

J-Mart wrote:

Here is my situation. I am in Quebec, Canada and the stores around me are all out of christmas lights. I mean totally wiped out. Most of them did not even put them on sale. They just stored them for next year. I read that this seem to be the situation in some areas of the US too.

I would like to know if anybody would be interested in selling me those lights at a fair price and I would pay for the shipping.

Be sure to read the "Heads Up" section. That is where everyone posts when and where lights are on sale. How far are you from the US? Maybe you could drive over and pick some up on clearance.

TED

Where in Quebec are you located? I found that a lot of the smaller hardware stores seem to still have lights left. I am in the Hudson area and found that I could scoop up some lights for about the $3 mark. Hope this helps, I am out looking again tomorrow, I will let you know if I find anything

Checked things out on Sunday and there is much not left out here except some places that are only offering 30% off - still adds up to $5 per box. There only seems to be icicles and ribbon lights left. I also tried calling Messena today and both the Walmart and Big lots have no minis left they said they were both sold out by Christmas. Sorry I wasn't more help