Watch me take down my star - Live Web Cam

I started taking down my star and my ladder is right in front of my web cam. I will be making a few more trips getting the sandbags so if you want you can watch me.

http://www.holdman.com/christmas/webcam.asp

-Richard

=== UPDATE ===

I am done taking down the star. I ended up throwing the sandbags off the roof so you might have been very lucky and seen one in mid air!

I now bring you the highlights of the web cam! :laughing:

webcamwork-01.jpg

webcamwork-02.jpg

I'm staring at the ladder, waiting to see something... I may have sunk to a new level with this whole Christmas Lighting sickness I've caught! :laughing:

Waiting to watch SOMEONE ELSE from several states away take down HIS lights! :shock:

That is all for today. I am going to try and get a day off work this week to take down the megatree and the rest and will put up the cam again. It may be Saturday depending on how busy work is.

After 5pm when it started getting dark I was surprised how many people came by and slowed down looking at my house hoping the show was still going.

-Richard

Richard,

Darn, I missed the show! Boy you are way up there! Does it give your heart a rush being that high up there? I'm still telling my friends about your traffic cam! Thanks for the laugh. Of all the videos I watched this Christmas I think your display was my favorite. I loved the floods and the wire trees. The colors were beautiful. I showed it to a lot of people. The timing on your sequence is impeccable.

Thanks for all the enjoyment! :waycool:

Margaret

MargaretSchmittou wrote:

....Boy you are way up there! Does it give your heart a rush being that high up there?

Margaret

It gets a little scary when trying to carry large objects around. The bottom part of the frame is really heavy and was a little sketchy bringing it down. Here are some photos my wife snapped.

standingontopofhouse.jpg

ladderwithstar.jpg

clafournaise wrote:

Good grief that'sa long ladder. Richard how long is that ladder, fully extended??

32' Fully Extended. I have it fully extended when doing my highest peaks.

I wear a parachute in case I fall. :laughing:

House-Setup-02.jpg

Chris A wrote:

Hi Richard,

Great job. How did you mount the flood lights on the roof?

Thanks, Chris

They are resting on the support bars in my gutter. I zipped tied them on top and zip tied the plugs to the flood so they would no be resting down in the gutter.

sadayo wrote:

You've done a great job on your website. I really like the look of the large dancing trees. Do you rely on the spotlights to change the color of those? Or did you add strings to the prefab trees?

Spots only for Red and Green. I was going to use lights instead of floods but I could not find any Green with white wire. I have a ton of red with white wire so next year I hope I can find some green with white wire.

-Richard

Hi Richard,

Do you have any pictures of how you have the c-9s hung on your house? What are you using to hange them? Was it hard to keep them straight when you were adding the 2nd and 3rd colored light strings?

And lastly, what happened in that list picture where you're hanging from the roof???

-Chris

JellyTheory wrote:

Hi Richard,

Do you have any pictures of how you have the c-9s hung on your house? What are you using to hange them? Was it hard to keep them straight when you were adding the 2nd and 3rd colored light strings?

And lastly, what happened in that list picture where you're hanging from the roof???

-Chris

Here are some close ups. I use the built in clip on the C9 Socket

c9-lights-01.jpg

c9-lights-02.jpg

The photo of me hanging off the roof is just for fun. It is not real. :)