Bethlehem Star Project How To Online

I get a lot of PMs and e-mails with details about my Bethlehem Star that is on my house. I did have a web page that showed the first steps on it up I just updated it and added it my Christmas site. For those that want to see how I made it, just visit the link below.

http://www.holdman.com/christmas/star/

Richard was nice enough to let me steal his design. The big differences I used coro instead of wood and minis instead of C-9's. It came out pretty good. Not as good as Richards but I was pleased. Very easy to make with coro and minis.

Richard,

I want to thank you for a very thorough how-to. As someone who isn't real technical and needs to see rather than imagine, is was perfect!

I hope you don't mind if I use a version of it up here in the north country!

Awesome display and I can not wait to see what you have in mind for next year.

Jeff in Alaska

• 9 months later...

Hi there! I'm really interested in downloading the Carol of the Bells with Lyrics that you have in one of your shows! I've searched the Internet and I've located a version without lyrics, but I can't find the version you have. Can you help me out by either telling me who the artist is or where you got it?

By the way, your shows are very well done!

JL3 wrote:

Hi there! I'm really interested in downloading the Carol of the Bells with Lyrics that you have in one of your shows! I've searched the Internet and I've located a version without lyrics, but I can't find the version you have. Can you help me out by either telling me who the artist is or where you got it?

By the way, your shows are very well done!

If you are talking about the one posted on his website, look at the title above the video:

Monique Danielle - Carol of the Bells

I'm guessing that would be it!:]

• 1 month later...

I made Richard's star this year and its on my roof now with 3 channels and looks sweet. So I want to thank Richard again. He's been my biggest inspiration to create my first computer light display this year. I built the star five feet tall with 150 C-7 lights on three channels.

The only thing I added that helped was the pvc spacers I made out of 3/4 pvc pipe. I just cut them the width between the plywood and the wire and it keeps the lights streight. Here's a pic...

post-6330-129571013517_thumb.jpg

bowenrichard wrote:

I made Richard's star this year and its on my roof now with 3 channels and looks sweet. So I want to thank Richard again. He's been my biggest inspiration to create my first computer light display this year. I built the star five feet tall with 150 C-7 lights on three channels.

The only thing I added that helped was the pvc spacers I made out of 3/4 pvc pipe. I just cut them the width between the plywood and the wire and it keeps the lights streight. Here's a pic...

Very cool. Let's see a picture of the star in action.

I used his idea on my FM transmitter sign. I also used C-7 bulbs. About 120. It turned out sweet. The free handdrilling was tedious, but worth it! All is well I hope everyones lights are already up or close to it.

JL3

Richard, your star is absolutely beautiful! I've been looking for months in stores for a star with no luck. Unfortunately with my disabilities and my husband being a hazard with projects I'm left to hit the vendors on the web. Thanks for sharing and again you did a fantastic job.

I can't remember how long ago it was, but it was like 45 days ago that I saw a wire form Beth star on EBAY. I had done a search "wire form star". I was looking for a topper for my mega tree and ended up making my own out of 1/4 inch round stock. Gool luck with your search I hopemy info helps.

JL3