• 1 month later...

Who's ever it is, I would love to see it without the girls talking and "singing" in the background. :shock: I can't be harsh though, I can't even begin to NOT sing along when there is Christmas music playing, it's too addicting

The lighting synchronization was fantastic, it wasn't just about flashing lights. This person put a lot of thought into actually syncing to the music and the words of the song.

The person who posted it on line was “Michelle aka Gizzy5680.”

Maybe some one who has an account at YouTube could contact her and find out where this was?

Peggy13 wrote:

Michael thanks for bumping that one up. It was incredible.

You're welcome, Peggy. I've been looking back at the December videos in Show N' Tell and this one. I started looking at the ones with no or few replies and have been working my way up. I try to find ones with something unique or eye catching.

It's been fun! :]

Michael B

Michael B wrote:

Peggy13 wrote:

You're welcome, Peggy. I've been looking back at the December videos in Show N' Tell and this one. I started looking at the ones with no or few replies and have been working my way up. I try to find ones with something unique or eye catching.

It's been fun! :]

Really good! But the lights on the house makes me wonderif this is an entirely DMX based show. Wow I wish the producer of this display was here so we could ask how and where type questions. Like where didhe find the rockets? Home made or ??

• 3 years later...

I know this is a VERY old thread, but this is us....

Not sure what all the questions are that you might have, but in skimming the posts above I can tell you that:

Almost the entire show is custom designed and built for this client.

The "reindeer rockets" are 9 feet tall and take 9 circuits to animate each one.

The tuba and trumpet players are 12 circuits each and stand about 20 feet at the tops.

The santa face on the house is 40 feet wide and 30 feet high and he weighs 3500 lbs.

The roofline of the house also has a row of 50 watt RGB led fixtures, which is what creates the colors.

There are 22 30-foot tall "pole-trees" lining the driveway, each one was created with C6 forever bright LED strings, 12 circuits each, (4 red, 4 green, 4 blue, 4 white or yellow)

There are three full DMX universes running the show on a PC running Horizon, a now defunct piece of theatrical lighting software.

It takes a crew of 6 30 days to install and 100 hours to program the 4.5 minute show.

(the video that you see on youtube is missing the last song of the show)

We are still producing new shows and there was a very derogatory post about a badly edited video from this past year on the forums here.

We are prevented from being completely forthcoming by contract, but we will try to answer questions if we can.

Sepp.

fyi... just google the posters company name. you should find the site link. their site states they do not want it posted...

there is a holiday section on there, that lists the videos and photos. (you have to type your name and location first to get there.)

hth... -troy

The proper way to view the videos is thru the link:

www.eclecticprecision.com/holiday/

Please see the info in this post:

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/38774-Unbeleivable-Billionaire-s-Christmas-light-display-blows-all-of-us-away-see-video?p=498773#post498773

Thanks for not distributing/sharing/linking...

SEPP!

The 2009 video was incredible! Loved the rbg trees. The angel and star are beyond inspirational.

Thank you.

We are working with some of the companies you know on offering a 10 foot version of the STAR and RGB strings at an affordable price.

The show as you see it, uses 5-bit colors (only 32 levels per color) which is ok for fast stuff, but very noticeable on slow fades. We are working on 2nd generation which will be 8-bit, giving us 256 levels and match that of DMX.

The rgb strings are custom made for us and are double sided, so you can see them from "all" sides.

There are 64 universes of DMX in the show. 44 on the trees, 7 on the star. All running on an Artnet backbone for distribution.

Some other tidbits:

The star is 25 feet in diameter, the angel is 21 feet tall, Joseph is 12 feet tall.

SEPP!