What do you use for Yard Layout?

David Balch

I like to use a google aerial view of the house/yard. Then lay the lights down in power point on top of the aerial view. I then break the yard down to 1 controller per slide to include controller channels, lights, and power. This is a great slide to tape right inside your controller box for quick reference.

-Glenn

I like the aerial view idea

For 2007 I'll use the architect software

But I'll have to figure out something long term

It seems every time there is an OS upgrade it doesn't work

And since Vista seems inevitable (Dell is offering very few PC's with XP), I'll need to change over to something else befor elong

Scuba_dave wrote:

Here is my yard setup

I have a Home 3d Architect Program that I use for my construction design

My only "fear" is that I am going to have too much static lights that will wash out the animation. Also on the right side about 15' away from the Oak is a street light

I guess I'll find out in November

I have about 100 blow molds

House-Layout.jpg

I use a similar program at work and for my yard, but it is expensive and here is a good way to get the benefits without the cost.

Use a copy of your property plat. If you do not have a copy, you should be able to get one at your county courthouse (Office of Menses and Conveyance)for less than 5 bucks. This is drawn to scale and should show all buildings, power poles, sidewalks, etc. that were in place at the time of the survey.

Hope this helps some people.

John

woodie wrote:

I use a similar program at work and for my yard, but it is expensive and here is a good way to get the benefits without the cost.

Use a copy of your property plat. If you do not have a copy, you should be able to get one at your county courthouse (Office of Menses and Conveyance)for less than 5 bucks. This is drawn to scale and should show all buildings, power poles, sidewalks, etc. that were in place at the time of the survey.

Hope this helps some people.

John

I created the Property survey that the Town has on record!! :laughing:

I was very detailed on the setup & diagrams I submitted for my building permit

They asked if they could make a copy, I said sure

They had something drawn up on graph paper of my property, the house was owned by the same people for over 30 years.

There is the original property - street level - for the Town

But it is no longer "valid" with the front porch I closed in, the greenhouse I added, and the 24 x 36 garage/great room that I am building

Plus a 2nd gravel driveway added by one owner

Jeff_Womack wrote:

I'm old school also Tim. I know there are actually a lot of us that do it on the fly also. It's just a difference of the way people do displays.

I like that--kickin' it old school. You, Tim, the new Jeff in AK...more people than I thought originally. I think this deserves a new term. I dub this "lightin' it old school".

TED