FM Transmitters For Sale

I have several FM Transmitters for sale. All are brand new, fully assembled, thoroughly tested,and for myPlanetChristmas friends they are unconditionally guaranteed. (Actually I guarantee them no matter who buys them, but I thought that part sounded cool.online2long.gif )

Ramsey FM100B: $350 + $12 shipping

Ramsey FM30B: $250 + $8.10 shipping

Ramsey FM25B: $165 + $8.10 shipping

All shipping prices are for the continental US. Contact me if you need a shipping price outside of the lower 48.

If you have any questions please send me a PM or email to marty at christmasutah dot com.

Okay, I'm going back to the garage to sort lights.

Guest johnny christmas

Marty Slack wrote:

Okay, I'm going back to the garage to sort lights.

since youre going to sell everything and im good on the FM transmitter and controllers (for now at least on the controllers)

let me know if you have enough green icicles to cover 132 feet...i want first dibs if the price is right

johnny christmas wrote:

Marty Slack wrote:

since youre going to sell everything and im good on the FM transmitter and controllers (for now at least on the controllers)

let me know if you have enough green icicles to cover 132 feet...i want first dibs if the price is right

Marty isnt selling everything:shock:... Right?

I think you mean Mark Sloat?

counterholidaylights wrote:

what is the difference between the different models i have a ramsey 25 and the range was terrible

Without knowing your exact situation I'm not sure what could be wrong with your 25. It could be a problem with the transmitter, or just a problem with its location and objects blocking the signal. The 25 should have a solid clear signal.

I recently put up a webpage that gives a brief description of each transmitter. The page is still in the works and will have a lot more info soon. http://www.christmasutah.com/FMtransmitters.html

what is the difference between the different models i have a ramsey 25 and the range was terrible

If you check the "Christmas Radio/Music/Videos/etc." forum there are many threads about the ramsey transmitters. You might get some good troubleshooting tips there. You might be able to narrow down what the problem with the transmitter is. The main difference between the different models is the features like digital readout, knobs, etc. The basic transmitter circuit is about the same.

TED

Hi there,

I have the 100b and was initially very disappointed with the range and audio quality. I found I was expecting too much from this very good transmitter. I was working from my basement off of the whip antenna. I thought because I was near the front and by the storm window “it will be OK” well it wasn’t, by the time the signal got outta the basement, past the trees and to the street there was nothing left. My solution was a good antenna. I found this one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Gain-Circular-Polarized-FM-Transmitter-Antenna_W0QQitemZ200049504838QQcategoryZ15064QQcmdZViewItem

This antenna, with good antenna wire to it, made all the difference. I know it’s a bit pricey, but I gotta tell ya, I was sick over spending that much money and having that bad of a signal. Now it booms like a commercial station. Prolly would have boomed if I would have moved it up stairs but in my case that wasn’t an option.

By the way, the seller was A++ on that site he goes by “mr.jr” His name is John Ramsey sound familiar??

Best of luck

Craig

• 1 month later...

I was wondering how far will each of the FM transmitter signal travel I'm try to cover about 600 ft:waycool:

Petmis, the post just above yours says it all. With the Ramsey's, location of the antenna is critical. The antenna needs to be at least 5 feet above groundto get any range. So, you either move the transmitter to a good locationwith a fully extended whip antenna or you run Coax cable to an antenna that ishigh enough.

For every couple of feet higher, you'll reach 100 feet farther. There is an FCC limit on height but you'd need to use a pole to go that high.

JonB256 wrote:

For every couple of feet higher, you'll reach 100 feet farther. There is an FCC limit on height but you'd need to use a pole to go that high.

The FCC limit is 200 feet. You do not need any pole at all to go over that. You really shouldn't need anything more than the standard whip antenna that comes with the transmitter. If you post over in the "Christmas Radio/Music/Video/etc" forum you can get answers to your troubleshooting questions. If you are unable to go 200 feet with the whip antenna something is wrong. You should not be trying to broadcast600feet.

TED

The 600 circle foot will still be in the center of my property. my house sits back 340 foot of the main road. as people pull in to the drive way Iwould like them to here the music to my lights. this is the first year for digital lights and music. any help would be greatly app.

Thanks pete:waycool:

The FM25b is as powerful as the law allows. That being said, the actual distance you get is more dependent on the antenna.

If you have the transmitter located on the front side of your house facing the driveway and you have it either (a) located on the second floor or attic of your house using the whip antenna, or (B) get an external FM antenna from E-Bay and a cable, then you will easily reach to the street. Easily.

I don't know a lot about the transmitters either but I think there is a little more then just buying an antenna and hooking things up. I believe they have to be matched up. The best thing to do if you want a better unit,contact Marty Slack he does excellent work,he is honest and he won't steer you in the wrong direction. I bought one of his units and I love it and the range is legal and has great quality sound.

petmis wrote:

marty i would like to purchase a FM25. how do i contact you. or you can contact me at 856-358-0694 pete lawlor

thanks

Either PM him, or send him an email.

Just click on his name above his avatar (picture) to the left of any of his posts to do so.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

somebody working for the FCC would really have to be having a bad day to nail someone down for broadcasting 600ft from a house over 300' from the road. I had to use an external antenna in order to reach theroad in front of my house as well which is less than 200' Now with a ground plane antenna I reach the road plus a bunch. I actually had to "detune" the antenna to cut the transmission range because I was broadcasting out over a 1/4 mile.