Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Sign in to follow this  
David Balch

BLOW MOLD PRE-Order Halloween and Christmas

David Balch wrote:

Not a big difference between Priority & Parcel on this demo

Insurance at $1.35 is extra & recommended

I feel the need to comment on this. (This is in general not directed at Dave specifically!) Insurance from USPS is for the most part a bad deal. Unless the value of a package is pretty high ($100 or at least $50) then it is just not worth it. Have you ever tried to collect the insurance from USPS? It is a HUGE pain! First of all there is paperwork that must be completed by both sender AND receiver. Second there is a little green slip of paper that must be turned in to get any money. All this takes a LOT of time, hassle, and the effort of mailing paperwork back and forth. If the little green slip of paper is lost or if the packing was insufficient then the deal is off.

THE most important thing to do in order to prevent lost packages is to follow the USPS preferred addressing standards! This means all caps, NO punctuation, proper 2 letter USPS state abbreviations, proper usps abbreviations for all other words (road--rd, street--st, suite--ste, etc), and MOST important USE ZIP + 4! If there is nothing left on a package but the zip + 4 the item can still be delivered properly because the zip + 4 uniquely identifies the individual house!

The USPS has made it REAL easy to format the address properly. Just goto http://www.usps.com and click on "click n ship". Put in the "to" and "from" addresses. The "to" address will be standardized. Now print out a FREE label. This FREE label gives you FREE delivery confirmation with Priority mail. Print out the label and tape it securly to the package. Do not cover the bar code with clear tape (but do cover the address so that it is protected from water). If you do this the package will NOT get lost. You don't need insurance.

Think of it this way. Suppose you buy a $5 or $10 item on eBay. It is absolutely stupid to pay 1.30 to insure a $10 item! If you buy 10 items that are $10 each and refuse the insurance on those you have saved 13.00 which is enough to cover the cost if one of them did happen to get lost or damaged. The reality is that lost or damaged packages are rare. They are most often caused by poor packing (damage) or improper addressing (lost package). (Insurance does not cover improper packing.) It is unlikely that 1 out of 10 items would be lost. Suppose it is 1 out of 100. You have saved 130.00 in insurance and have only lost $10.

TED

The Nutcracker & 46" snowman are pictured on this thread

I don't want to "steal" the pics for my website

So I will wait until GF posts pics, OR when my order is placed & delivered

http://www.myholidaydisplays.com/vb/showthread.php?p=43407#post43407

Thanks Ted, I was not aware of the problems trying to collect the Insurance w/ USPS

I guess it would figure..government run :)

I'm hoping to add up the orders this weekend, but it's Easter & we are going to MIL's

Then I can get an idea of shipping

But since the rates are going up in May this may be a futile move

Any rates I qote now will be based on the old rates

Dave, it sounds like we still have time to add to our orders? I may be adding more....

What is the revised cut-off date?

Greg

Dave I know of at least two people who want to add orders. What is your cut off date for receiving orders?

Thanks

Marilyn

At present I do not have an exact cut off date

It seems people would like to have their orders in early summer - June?

So at present I was thinking a cut off date of Memorial Day weekend?

That way I could compile the orders & adjust my order as needed

So no rush - if everyone is happy with memorial day weekend?

Dave would like to pay by pay pal what email address do i send it to thank you Blair

I was told by a dealer that due to very poor sales last season, Farley had decided not to produce blow molds this year. Greg Young said he had also been told that. Can anyone confirm this information?

Marilyn

I have setup:

"HoliDaves (at) Comcast.net" for Paypal payments

Payments can be made via CC thu Paypal

Checks can be mailed to my address:

30 Emerson Street

Rockland, MA 02370

Exact shipping can be paid when the items ship

Since rates are going up any shipping we calculate now would be an estimate

Any purchases within MA must add 5% sales tax

I will be creating Invoices & will E-mail Receipts for all payments made

Thanks!!

I have to contact Farley & will see if I can place an order with them

They have some items that are original & I think many people are looking for

It looks like I will be placing an Easter order at the same time

I will have to redo the Easter order sheet that I have

I am compiling everyone's order that I have received

In the next 2 weeks I will be sending out confirmations that will list the catalogue numbers that I have posted on the web site

Again, cut-off date for payment is Memorial Day weekend

So Orders & payments need to be sent/received by end of the day Monday May 28th

I will be compiling the order on Tuesday & sending it in

Thanks Everyone!!

OK, not sure how this will Post

Updated pricing on Easter Blow Molds

These can be ordered at these Pre-Order Prices with the Halloween & Christmas Blow Molds

Pics: http://home.comcast.net/~Holidaves/Easter.htm

4" EASTER BASKET - ASST COLORS $2.00

6" EASTER BASKET - SOLID COLOR $2.50

7" EASTER BASKET - SOLID COLOR $2.50

9" EASTER BASKET - SOLID COLOR $3.00

6" EASTER BASKET - ASST COLORS $2.50

8" EASTER BASKET - ASST COLORS $2.50

8" EASTER BASKET - PAINTED $3.00

11" COVERED EASTER BASKET $6.00

7" BUNNY SHAPED BASKET-ASST COLORS $6.00

7" MESH EASTER BASKET $3.00

8" EASTER EGG $3.00

12" EASTER EGG $4.00

14" EASTER EGG $5.00

5 1/4" 2 PC EGG W/TRANSPARENT COVER $2.50

9" 2 PC EGG W/TRANSPARENT COVER $3.50

24" MR. RABBIT $15.00

24" MRS. RABBIT $17.00

24" RABBIT ASSORTMENT-MR. & MRS. $30.00

34" MR. RABBIT $28.00

34" MRS. RABBIT $25.00

34" RABBIT ASSORTMENT-MR. & MRS. $50.00

18" PROMOTIONAL BUNNY $10.00

22" EASTER BUNNY $15.00

15" LADY DUCK $14.00

11' DUCK CART - YELLOW $6.00

9" BUNNY WITH CART - PURPLE $6.00

11" BUNNY WAGON - PINK $6.00

8" EASTER TRUCK - GREEN $8.00

Just thought I would bump this up

Less then 3 weeks left until the end date for the PRE-Order

Monday May 28th is the deadline

I will be placing the order the next day

Thanks!

-Dave

Edit - wrong date - Thanks Ted!!

David Balch wrote:

Monday March 28th is the deadline

I will be placing the order the next day

Would that be May 28? ;)

TED

Sent out an E-mail to everyone that requested the price sheet:

Hi Everyone,

I am sending out this reminder to everyone that I sent the PRE-Order price list. The deadline for placing an order is Monday May 28th – end of the day

I will be closing the PRE-Order & placing my order with the Mfg the next day

They have indicated that they will ship the order to me within about 2-3 weeks. Once I receive the order I will pack orders & calculate shipping.

Once I have received final payment & shipping your order will ship

If you have not placed your order & paid the 50% down payment please do so before the deadline. My PayPal Address is: [email protected]

Checks can be sent to the address listed, please make the check out to: David Balch

If you mail a check please let me know if it will not arrive by the deadline so I can place your order

I have recd some orders & sent out receipts for those that have made the down payment to date. If I have a PRE-Order from you I will contact you to confirm (feel free to contact me 1st to confirm)

Please let me know of any questions.

Once I receive payment I send out a PDF file as a receipt for the down payment & to verify order

The PDF lists your order, prices, down payment & catalogue numbers

If you wish to be removed from this E-mail list Please let me know

I do not want to Spam anyone & will never give this list out to anyone

E-mails are sent as BCC – so the E-mail address of each person does not show up

Thanks Everyone!

David Balch

Hi Dave,

I know I am going to regret (will be spending yet another $300 on my puppy at the end of May to get her spayed. Good thing I love her because she has now cost me a small fortune :])this but could you send me the price list? My email is [email protected]

Thanks,

Brenda