Charity Prescription Drop Box

I plan on doing a charity drop box this Christmas and was trying to think of some some ideas that would benefit everybody that visited the display. I got what I think would be a pretty good idea while I was cleaning out our prescription cabinet in our kitchen today.

We have many prescription medicines that we never used or the bottle is still half way full. I was thinking of doing a prescription drug collection where people could drop off their old prescription drugs into a box and others who visited the display would be able to see if there are any medications that they currently take that they could use. This way the normally unused prescription medicines would be put to good use and provide a service to the community. It seems the prescription medicines are so costly today and this would leave a little extra cash for families if they could benefit from this.

What do you guys think?

Hey that a great idea BUT...

We have a ton of med that we could send youdue to the fact that Matthew works at the hospital in the ER, but I don't know if you can send meds in the good olsd US mail after 911, and then there is the giving out meds to people may fall under the old "Practicing Medicine Without a License"

Love the Idea...Kelli

I am not a lawyer by any meansbut I could see some legal issuescould arise. Also you probably would get some "junkies" stopping by every night for some good drugs and a great light show.Maybe you could collect the drugs and then give them to some charity like the Shrinersto distribute to theneedy.

Thank you for your support.

Steve Bang wrote:

Richard,

Let it be known that on this, the first day of April, 2007 my official opinion is that you should procede full steam ahead and go for it!

Peggy13 wrote:

My opinion of this is

April Fools

You are right

April Fools!

BTW though, today really is my birthday (not a joke). Many kids at school would not believe me when I told them because it seemed that everybody would try and pull a quick one on everybody saying it was their birthday.

RichardH wrote:

You are right

April Fools!

BTW though, today really is my birthday (not a joke). Many kids at school would not believe me when I told them because it seemed that everybody would try and pull a quick one on everybody saying it was their birthday.

Richard have a happy happy birthday! I bet this is a tough day to have a birthday!

But you can pull a quick one on everyone by telling them what you got for your birthday! hmmm like a new Jag!

Guest Jeff_Womack

RichardH wrote:

Jeff_Womack wrote:

Details!

IMHO the best April Fools jokes take a little prep time. A lead up. A few days before the first I started posting things about how I wasn't happy with all of this anymore and considering selling everything. I kept throwing more wood on the fire and on AFD morning I announced it had all been a joke. Marty was less than happy with me! :laughing:

Guest Jeff_Womack

Eddie Miller wrote:

Hi Richard,

I kinda figured it was a April Fool's joke but I wanted to replyjust in caseyou were serious. Happy April fools Day!!!

Eddie

Now that's funny!

You would like to spend Christmas in the federal prison wouldnt you? Well thats what your idea will bring you. You cannot do that. You violate countless federal and state laws. Your meds probably expire after 2 years and consider poisonous afterwards, throw your expired and unused prescriptions away.

Joseph Ayo wrote:

Your meds probably expire after 2 years and consider poisonous afterwards, throw your expired and unused prescriptions away.

It probablydepends on the specific drug but I think that what normally happens is that the effectiveness can diminish over time. I've never heard of a medicine becoming poisonious over time. The expiration dates are generally very conservative so most medicines are fine for a good while after their expiration date. I always hang onto them in case I need them later. If you do decide to dispose ofunused medicationsdon't "throw them away" literally becausesomeone else (such as a child or an animal) could get them out of the trash. I think the generally accepted method is to flush the pills down the toilet and toss the bottle.

TED