I looked all over the old topics and couldn't really get a good answer to my question. Maybe it's because it's so simple that it's a no-brainer to most everyone. Anyway, my situation is that I want to put together a string of strobes this year for my mega tree. I'm thinking that I'll need around 20 bulbs. My question is, assuming I purchase the "C9 screw in type", what type of cord and sockets am I going to need to make it work. Can I modify a standard 25 count C9 string, or will I have to purchase SPT wire, vampire plugs, and special sockets, which I know nothing about. I'm thinking that I would like a 5 to 6 foot spacing between each bulb. Any example of how everyone else does it would be appreciated.

Pete,

The Vampire approach is not as diffucult as you think. It really is easy and a no brainer, if you need to customize your cords. I started this last year and did the same thing you are thinking, strobes on the mega tree. So simple in fact that I have ordered 100 of Darryl's strobes for this year to customize more inmy display.

zman wrote:

Pete,

The Vampire approach is not as diffucult as you think. It really is easy and a no brainer, if you need to customize your cords. I started this last year and did the same thing you are thinking, strobes on the mega tree. So simple in fact that I have ordered 100 of Darryl's strobes for this year to customize more inmy display.

Did you purchase those recently?... because I have been waiting notification and have not seen them come back in stock yet.