Wind-O-Light -- Kits for hanging lights in windows

Tennman

Hello everyone. My name is Joe Dell’Aquila; you can call me Joe or Joe Dell.

I’m the inventor of Wind-o-Light.

Jeff Womack from Texas, guided me to your site. Thanks Jeff. Due to a tight budget, I was not able to send samples to everyone. Sorry. But the good news is they sell for $5.00 per window and include a 50-count mini light set (white lights only) plus shipping, oh and sales tax if you live in Illinois.

I can’t believe that so many of you didn’t receive instructions. I personally packaged each one. I truly am sorry.

Here are some of the selling features:

• Adjust to fit virtually any size window up to 34” wide and 70” high. For wider windows, place 2 frames side by side.

• Tension springs hold Wind-o-Light in place.
  • Stores away completely assembled.
  • No tangled lights.
  • Decorate the second and/or third floor window without a ladder.
  • Don’t have to wait for good weather to put them up or take them down.
  • You can watch football while you decorate the out side from inside.

I’ll shut up now.

Wind-o-Light is sold in 2 window and 3 window kits at $5.00 per window. Did I mention that they come with lights? $2.00 plus shipping for extra lights. Again, white only.

I would like to post some pictures. Can anyone tell me how to go about it or who I can send the pix to for posting?

Hope to do business with you all in the near future. Joe

www.wind-o-light.com

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Dell wrote:

I would like to post some pictures. Can anyone tell me how to go about it or who I can send the pix to for posting?

Let me be the first to welcome you to PlanetChristmas Joe. I am glad to see you on board. If you want to post photos, just click on reply, then click browse, post your photos and then send. You can only post one photo with your reply. If you want to postmore then onephoto, you will have to keep repling to this thread. Pretty simple.

Joe -- welcome to PC! Hope you stick around -- we welcome vendors, especially if they have a great, low-cost product, which it appears yours is!

I was one of the folks who received a sample. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks promising. I did get instructions ;). My wife told me I got a strange-shaped package and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I ordered that fit that description :laughing:.

When I saw the product and instructions, I figured $15-20 for the product, which would make it spendy to do an entire house. $5 per window is extremely fair.

Thanks, and hope you stick around. We're all nuts about Christmas here, but if you can put up with that we're ok people... :P

-Tim

Response to my post dated 12-21.

Allen, yes Wind-o-Light can be installed outside.

MVWalker, WOL (I like that) can be made into an arch. It works best if you use 2 frames side by side. WW is a bit stiff to bend into an arch. WOL will fit into any frame as long as the frames top and bottom extend a minimum of 3/8”.

BetterDays, Kevin, the vertical pieces are 37 ½” and the horizontal ones are 18 ¾”

Thomas Steiner, thanks for the how-to on posting pix

Tfscher, Tim, I thank you and all who have welcomed me and also for your kind words.

Joe, Pix to follow

Joe Dell wrote:

BetterDays, Kevin, the vertical pieces are 37 ½” and the horizontal ones are 18 ¾”

Joe,

Thank you for this information.

I am 100% POSITIVE that I will be purchasing this product from you, as well as informing my local non-Planet Christmas friends.

Thank you once again.

Kevin

It states the product is for indoor use. I guess if you have a recessed window you could use it outside.

Those pictures really make the lights look pretty good. Now I really will need to test it out. One thing I'm thinking though is, How would I plug it into my ports for computor control?

I don't think I like the idea of closing the window on the wire to get it outside...

REPLIES TO Steve and John.

Steve, if I knew what you were trying to accomplish, I could better advise you. If it's an idea that you want to protect, you can e-mail me at [email protected] The pieces can be connected to each other to extend the lengths. Using one kit you can connect one each of the long pieces with one eachof the short pieces to make 4 pieces 54" long.

John, I can'tadvise you to run your wires from inside to outside. But I can tell you that I've been doing it for 15 years.

Glad to help, Joe

I am planning to run these in a straight line to light up the railing, as well as "making a fence". Using this product, all of the lights will be even and standing straight up!

Joe,

Please advise if there is any discount for multiple quantities or purchasing without the lights?

Thank you once again....

Kevin

Joe Dell wrote:

Jeff Womack from Texas, guided me to your site. Thanks Jeff. Due to a tight budget, I was not able to send samples to everyone. Sorry.

Heck I didn't even get one myself, but anyone who knows me well knows I will be ordering a set soon to try them out. I think I am the only Window Wonders user on here so it should be interesting to compare the two products. Glad you made it over here Joe!

John Pidliskey wrote:

It states the product is for indoor use. I guess if you have a recessed window you could use it outside.

Those pictures really make the lights look pretty good. Now I really will need to test it out. One thing I'm thinking though is, How would I plug it into my ports for computor control?

I don't think I like the idea of closing the window on the wire to get it outside...

Hopefully this will answer yours and several other people's quesitons about the outside usage. I use a competing brand of this same type of product. It also states for indoor usage but I place them outside in a brick framed window(s). They have been working fine for me. Joe's idea of how you don't cut his product seems much better than the other company's product. I will be ordering some soon to compare the two products.

Joe Dell wrote:

Kevin, I'm sorry, I'm at rock bottom.

I showed the product to my wife. I asked her how much she thought it would be selling for. She tends to underestimate stuff like that, and she guessed $15.

I think $5 a kit is an excellent price!

Do they normally come with the lights, or was that an extra item for the sample?

I'll be testing these out after-season in our windows. We have sliding windows (horizontally sliding) in front so that will be a little bit of a trick. I currently put lights around them from the outside and they don't look very 'neat' at all, and they're hard to install as the windows are high up. If these work out I'll be ordering more!

-Tim

Well darn... I own the site that the addresses were harvested from, and *I* didn't even get a kit to try out! Doh!

Normally, I would be a tad upset about people harvesting CLF for addresses for advertising products, however, it sounds like the people you reached were happy to have received them, so, I won't turn the site into a 'log in only' site yet. :)

Joe - When you are ready to sell the kits, let me know. I have an idea for you..

([email protected]) Just delete the DELETEME part.

Chris