Looking for Green Minis with White Wire

Richard: I think our Hobby Lobby here in Ohio has these in stock at $2.99 per box. If you don't find any others I would be happy to get them and ship to you. I assume these will be on sale sometime before Christmas but I have no idea when.

Gary

• 1 month later...

mestalights wrote:

Richard,

HOBBY LOBBY in OKC has white wire - green lights, 100 count, 26 foot total length, 120 volt, .34 amps $2.99

Don

I went to my Hobby Lobby about a month ago and they did not have any but they had all kinds of others. I will have to swing by there again this week and see if they get any in.

Thanks for the heads up!

TED wrote:

Walmart had a bunch of white wire sets in various colors last year. I don't know about this year because the walmart stores here are just now putting out Christmas stuff.

TED

Yeah this is where I got my Red Lights with white wire last year. They had clear, red, blue, and Purple with white wire but no green. I was at walmart a few days ago and they have some of their lights on boxes on top of their racks and I saw the gree, red, and purple with white wire but no green. :{

You think they would have green with white wire before they had purple! :shock:

snowlovergeorgia wrote:

http://www.aachristmas.com/vpasp/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=248

They have them...... and they have them by the case too... excellent quality, but expensive

I love that site, but after I ordered a bunch of stuff, about 2 weeks later they almost doubled their prices. I am sure they were just hit by the raise-of-cooper fairy too.

Greg

RichardH wrote:

Yeah this is where I got my Red Lights with white wire last year. They had clear, red, blue, and Purple with white wire but no green. I was at walmart a few days ago and they have some of their lights on boxes on top of their racks and I saw the gree, red, and purple with white wire but no green.

You should try again once they get the boxes down and unpacked. There could easily be some up there that you can't see. One thing to keep in mind is that many of the people who stock don't take the time to be sure things are in the right place. If you poke around in the lights and look behind the cases in front you will frequently find other colors behind them. It would not be unusual to find green with white wire mixed in with the green with green wire.

TED

mestalights wrote:

Richard,

Are you going to use the lights on the stick trees?

I have been adding red and green lights to my stick trees. They already had clear lights on them.

Don

Yes. I have a bunch of Red lights with white wire and now just need the green.

-Richard

Don't know why but no stores on the west side of the US carry green lights with white wire.

I went to Hobby Lobby Last week and even though they have tons of lights, they don't have green with white wire. This past weekend I took a trip to Oregon and traveled through Nevada and California and I stopped at many walmarts along the way and some of them had Christmas Lights but not green with white wire.

Anyway, I have somebody that I am working with to get some.

roye wrote:

i gave up bought green lites /green cords and changed them to white cords lots of work.

I think this is what I am going to do this year. All my contacts for getting green lights with white wire didn't work out. I have enough of Red Lights with White wire and just green lights from after Christmas sales last year that it will not cost me anything more, just the labor.

I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks so I can work on the lights as I listen to those.

Richard,

Hobby Lobby here has them. You might call your store or let me know I could ship them to you. They comein cartons with other colors with white wire.

My Trees are lookinggreat. I have 6' wire trees that come in three sections. I used 200 on the first section, 150 (spliced 1/2 string) on second and 100 on top.

The trees came with 350 clear lights andI added 450 red and 450 green. I can send you a pic if you want.

Don