Day after Christmas Sale Shopping Spree!

maxdesign

Guest jmulls

Now comes the bigger problem, The first rainstorm or wet night will definitely cause problems to any strand that has a bulb the slightest bit loose. Not trying to be negative here... just going on experience... most of my GFIs trip as a result of a mini light bulb replacement that I have done on my wireframes.

Jim

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Mullin wrote:

Now comes the bigger problem, The first rainstorm or wet night will definitely cause problems to any strand that has a bulb the slightest bit loose. Not trying to be negative here... just going on experience... most of my GFIs trip as a result of a mini light bulb replacement that I have done on my wireframes.

Jim

Great: I've got the blisters and I'll also have problems anyway. Hardly worth the $20.00 I saved on the 10 sets.

Michael

MichaelC wrote:

NEXT TIME.... I'm spray painting my clear bulbs!!!!

What kind of paint would you use on minis, I cant even find multi color strand to swap out but If I can paint them I'll go buy some of the clears I see everywhere.

Well here goes just got back from home depot bought 534 boxes of the 70 ct clear got them down to .15 a box. Looks like I'll be paintinguntil July......and instead of one 30 ft mega tree it will be 2 9 ft mini-mega trees andI'll have to buy 1 more16 channel LOR boxesbut I'll suffer thru it.

Ok, I'm calling it 'Game Over'. I just got back from a bit of a wild goose chase and here is my summary:

Home Depot : Nothing resembling christmas left;

Target: Good discounts, but no selection left

Lowes: Nothing worthy of mention;

Walmart: Still has some merchandise at 75% but nothing I need. They have lots of multis and specialty stuff;

CVS: They are at 75%, but everything is being boxed up and stored;

Eckerd: Would not budge past 50%, as of 5:00 PM tonight they are packing up the aisles. I'm guessing there will be no sign of christmas by tomorrow. (Note: Went to several and they all had same status!). I did pick up a 150 multi colored light chasing set for $4.00. I will be cutting the controller off to animate a wire frame next year, so I sort of needed it.

ACE Hardware: There is merchandise, but only 50% off their already ridiculous prices. Probably going to box it up this week.

and... the grinch award goes to......

AC Moore. All christmas stuff is still FULL PRICE!!!! There is no intention of discounting of any sort and Their aisle is full of merchandise (surprise! surprise!). They'll be boxing it up and trying to sell it to us next year!

Rite-Aid was 75% off today and they still had everything they had the day after Christmas! A couple wire frame churches, sleighs, deer, polar bears, santa and trees. They also had 2 8' ft Spongebobs and some 4' santa and snowman inflatables and some spiral trees. Picked up the baby deer to go with the buck and doe I got from Target. Hoping to go back and get the sleigh, it was only $7.50 and would go great with the deer and blowmold Santa I bought this year.

They also had a cool ropelight santa in a sleigh with two reindeer. From the picture on the box it looked like the reindeer had motors and stands so they moved to look like they were flying. Thought it was pretty cool and would have only been $15.

Meijer didnt have anything left but some bows, tree stands and a couple boxes and clear icicles.

:tree:Nick

After a rather pathetic shopping trip on boxing day, mu finds over the past couple of days have made up for it. I got a 5' singing Santa for $25 (it was supposed to be 35 but it scanned at $40. I pointed it out ot the cashier and when she confirmed it scanned wrong she had to give me $10 off the price, so got it for $25). That one is for my nephew. Found an animated wire frame moose for $10 (regularly 70) and an animated wire frame polar bear for $10. Only problem is the moose was the display one and when I got home his motor isn't working. Can take hm back either. Oh well, I am sure I can pull a motor off something else. The polar bear is still in the box though. New Year's Eve, my uncle gave me one of those cute blowmold reindeer. They had taken a trip to the States on boxing day and brought me one back (now I will have to be nice to him again and take back all those mean thoughts I had about him !!ha ha).

Yesterday, I hit Loblaws as they were dropping it down to 75% off. Got a bunch of stuff I don't really need for inside the house and got 12 more boxes of LED lights for $3.24 a box. They are the larger bulbs and there is 25 per strand. Only problem was all they had was red ones. So now I have 15 boxes of red LED lights and 4 boxes of white. Now to figure out what to do with them. Also got 1 box of iciicle lights for $3.00. There are actually 2 sets per box. Only got the one as they had lots andI only had limited funds on me. Will be going back today with more money to pick up some more lights and hopefully the inflatables have finally been reduced more. They weren't reducing them yesterday when I was there. The manager just said not right now. My luck he probably did it 5 minutes after I left. Sio will go back today to see if Elmo is down to $15 yet. It is the 8' one, they also had the 4' elmo, dora and spongebob and they were only at $10. Maybe when it hits $5 I will get a dora for the kids to add to the disney ones I have.

So that was my big purchase yesterday. Will continue to look today. For fellow Canadians, check out Loblaws/Great Canadian Superstore/Independent Grocer etc as they are slashing prices.

Brenda

Hi Guys

Wow i am in dire need of MORE lights!! lol

I Bout $150 Worth of lights the light is as follows, these are all 50% off

1x GiantBlue & WhiteSnowflake ($30)

1x set of 48 Led Snowflake lights ($20)

2x C9 Lights ($24)

4 x 250 Clear ($10)

2x 250 Green ($10)

1x Fibre Optic Santa in Rocking Chair ($20)

And more inddor lights (all 75% off)

75% off

3x 4ft Christmas Trees ($3 Each yes $3.00!!)

@ christmas signs ($5 in total)

@ 3x Snowmen ($0.75c Each!)

& Hopefully some garage sales soon!!

I'm currently looking for Chrismas trees, outdoor fibreoptic or similar...

Guest jmulls

My Walmart Yesterday looked as if they were packing it all up to ship back.... Huge number of people running around putting out spring stuff..... I approached the manager to see if he'd be interested in selling off stuff lower than 75% before he shipped it back.... His comment was that they were NOT shipping it back, they had a full trailer of stuff that had not sold off yet and they were in the process of putting it out to get rid of it.... but he made me some great deals, My Tahoe is Full!!!!! 12 cases of C9s.... 5 bucks a case! Over 20 k in clear GE mini's for .25 a box. And Lord knows how many Clear, Red,Blue and Multis (Walmart Brand) at 90% off..... Man this is the first GREAT score for me in a couple of years! I feel like the Lominicki's!!!!! The manager told me stuff would be going 90% off this Saturday....

Jim

Jim Mullin wrote:

My Walmart Yesterday looked as if they were packing it all up to ship back.... Huge number of people running around putting out spring stuff..... I approached the manager to see if he'd be interested in selling off stuff lower than 75% before he shipped it back.... His comment was that they were NOT shipping it back, they had a full trailer of stuff that had not sold off yet and they were in the process of putting it out to get rid of it.... but he made me some great deals, My Tahoe is Full!!!!! 12 cases of C9s.... 5 bucks a case! Over 20 k in clear GE mini's for .25 a box. And Lord knows how many Clear, Red,Blue and Multis (Walmart Brand) at 90% off..... Man this is the first GREAT score for me in a couple of years! I feel like the Lominicki's!!!!! The manager told me stuff would be going 90% off this Saturday....

Jim

Just got back from my local Walmart and their statement was that all unsold Christmas stuff was going in the dumpster if not sold soon. There would be no mark down to 90%. Interesting how different stores do things differently. I would gladly help them get rid of the couple of thousand walmart brand clear minis that they have left on the shelf.:?

I didn't even notice this i work around this time of year for some extra money for lights at wal-mart over night shippment and when i got off on the day after christmas i had my lights 50 boxes of 100 ct. blue,green,red and multi. but i sprulged and got 100 boxes of white. They also had about 20 blowmold sheep which i picked up about 8 to add 3 camels, 3 donkeys, and 3 cows just had to add to my manger scene!!!

Jim Mullin wrote:

Jim

It can't get much better than that!!! You deserve the five santa award for one of the best deals!!!

:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

Hey Jim ,......did you leave me any.:laughing:I`m gonna try and get there when 90% goes off in the morning ,...I don`t need anything but I can`t pass it up at 90% . I guess you did not get any LED`s did you.:DI see I have somebody else grabbing lites from my self.:shock: So when you going computerized? .:cool:

Joe4x4

p.s. That was the mays landing store ?

Guest jmulls

Joe... You better hurry... very slim pickins over there (as Of Thursday night). I went LOR last year.... Go take a peak in heads up, I have 2 videos posted.... Absolutely the best move I ever made!

Jim

I've been in about 10 Walmarts around here and some have lots and others have nothing. In any case, they are still at 75% as of today. When I ask them about 90%, they all said they aren't going there. Some stores said they did trash the stuff. I don't understand that. In my business, if we have something damaged or obsolete, we rather get something back on the dollar (cost would be nice) then to just chuck it and have it come of the bottom line.

I guess the decsion is made locally and not corporately???

Jim did i see you at walmart ? I seen a couple with 2 shopping carts coming out ,. and then I seen 2 guys loading a white van. (( loaded )) They do have lights left over I seen half a skid with 2 tone red /green 100 mini`s , and clear,and blue,and also different types of lights still there .

I did get the dog there food. I also picked up 42 box`s of net multi.I plan on covering the front of the house and sides next year. I have to start in September with the stuff we got this year.

Joe4x4

p.s. Thats the last thing I`m buying this year,.........yea right

first m-class how did you get a pic of my cat all done stoped at a wal mart on tues was geting a case of blue and a case of purple 100 ct minis at 75% of when the store manager just happend to walk by and told me if i bought the rest he would sell them to me for 30 cents a box so i got 50 blue 25 purple and 5 clear for around 27.bucks