I am already working in the back yard with different elements of the display but it is on a small scale right now. We are having a cookout/bonfire at on house on the 13th of October, so I will wait for the full roll out after that so no one messes with stuff.

Been welding wireframes and working on songs since Feb. Lights go up the end of this month - trees, house and mega tree first. At the wifes insistance,gotta get the leaves up before I can do the yard.

I tested all the lights in July and replaced all the bad bulbs. I'm working on cutting the rebar and getting everything ready for the two mega trees. All the siding clips are up and I got the 18th and 19th of October off from work to start putting up the lights.

This is the first year we are putting up a major display, so we are stressing, in a good fun way though. We have added a 60amp single phase disconnect on the side of the house and have built a temporary power distro to be used seasonally. We have also begun building mini trees, planning the mega, and other odds and ends. The other fun thing is we have been designing the display in 3D so we can plan spacing and circuiting etc.We are hoping to hit it hard in Nov and have it running after Thanksgiving.

Love this site!!

Jeremy

New member, but have been lighting it up for awhile.

This weekend, I'll be buying a dozen floral easels to wrap for mini-trees, then it's time to unload the garage and start testing strands. I'll hit the box stores this weekend to see if I can afford some LEDs, and probably pick up about 30 more boxes of white and blue.

If I see my neighbor, I may get him up on the roof so I can test out a new layout. (Heehee-neighbor stalking!) I pay him back by doing the front of his house with my lights!

No LOR this year.:{There's always hope for next year...

hi i just starting to get ready to put up my display this year.

i am pulling in a 2 new cat 6 cable from the front of the house to back bedroom that wear i keep my pc so i can run my l.o.r and dasher system tomorrow.

we moved intoare new home last year so this yearis the first yearof thenew display and is ablank canvas so what canwe do lol.

one thing i no, none of my neighbour will of see a display like this.

les m . uk

I've started absolutely nothing! But tomorrow after I get off work I will be dragging lights down from the attic to begin testing them. I still have a few mini trees to construct, but that wont be any big deal. The two big deals that I haven't started on at all yet are:

1. Display construction, which will begin on Halloween

2. Sequencing...that's right, I've been slacking on that a bit this year due to lots of other commitments, some involving sequencing. I won't mention the number of channels (I have my work cut out for me)

I am starting today, but I have a very large problem, This past summer I bought a new house so the yard has changed. I went from a yard that was 28feet deep x 72feet wide(including the drive) to a yard 52feet deep x 200feet wide(not including the drive)and this one has 60feet x 160feet on each side of the house......:shock:

Lets see so much room, so many ideas, so little time...........:laughing:

at least i have 3 weeks of vacation i have to use or loose:happytree:

I started yesterday with building mini trees. I did two, one starting the lights from the bottom and one starting at the top. The one starting from the top looks flat and took three sets of mini lights. The one starting lights from the bottom took two sets of lights and looks better. No sure if I am pulling the wire too tight or what.

Any suggestions?

Just got back from shopping trip #1!:waycool::waycool::waycool:

I got 2 more 3-gang yard stakes, 3 more 3-gang extension cords, a new extension cord that has three outlets equally spaced (paid WAY too much at Lowes), 10 24" easels, 10 18" easels, 30 strands of clear mini-lights, lots of cable ties, cup hooksand a pair of bolt cutters.

3000 more lights to add to the total-WOOOOOHOOO!

I was looking for the Chilly Willy blow mold at Kmart, but they don't have much out for Christmas yet-they still have 6 aisles of Halloween, so I'm hoping I didn't miss out. Each store only has two, and I want both (yeah, I'm greedy, but symmetry counts).

I figure I'll get a few mini-trees done this weekend. Next weekend, I'm planning on emptying the shed and checking strands, my favorite part.:)I haven't seen the neighbor yet, so no luck on roof planning so far. I haven't done a roof display in awhile, since I herniated a disc a couple of years ago, but I want to do "Peace On Earth" like a rebus with a peace sign on the peak withthe word "on" and the earth either on a frame in lights or painted on a plywood circle and spotlighted on the porch roof. I'm not sure if I can pull it off this year. I'm trying to figure out how to make a 3' diameter lightweight peace sign that can hang from the peak and not sag when wrapped in lights. Hmmm.....

We took aride toour storage unit today and took home a truck load of stuff. We'll probably make another trip tomorrow.

I sure am glad I took the time to put labels on those rubbermaid bins last year (ehr.., I mean earlier this year).

i tested all my lights today, changed the bulbs, stole sand from the sand box (right before it rained so it wasn't a nightmare putting it in) and put it in my plastic candles candy cane and Santa, and put up some Halloween stuff ( i don't go all out like some people here for Halloween) I plan on putting the lights on the roof one of these next weeks since it got cold fast last year. Ive been looking for clearanced tomato cages but the only ones I've found are to big. Might just have to build the Hobby Lobby easel styled ones or just borrow some again from my friends mom.

Edit: forgot to mention the star i was gonna use for my mega tree i discovered wasnt working so now i have to find a new one.

tyb4 wrote:

.... Ive been looking for clearanced tomato cages but the only ones I've found are to big. Might just have to build the Hobby Lobby easel styled ones or just borrow some again from my friends mom.

I just bought 8 4-foot tomato cages from Lowes last week for $1.17 each, so they are out there, they were along the back fence and I had to ask otherwise I wouldn't have found them

Kristal wrote:

I just scored 20,000 lights from another member who is moving to Australia! Thank you, thank you, thank you CaptRob!

Lightin' it up in '07!

:tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree:

Kristal

Congrats Kristal! You got Roberts lights and I aquired his controllers now we need to put on displays that he can proudly say he contributed to. Good Luck in Australia Robert. Hope lights are somewhere off in your future.

[align=left]UP::D[/align]

[align=left]19600 light 18ft tree done, 8 hours[/align]

[align=left]Build, but not placed:)[/align]

[align=left]10 reindeer assembled 3 hours place 10-20-07

16 mini trees done 12 hours place 10-20-07

2D 18 foot train done 30hours place 10-20-07

8 bells wood cutouts16 hours hang 10-20-07[/align]

[align=left]Still to do, :shock:[/align]

[align=left]19600 light 18ft tree est 8 hours Install 10-13-07

4 reindeer in boxes est 2 hours Build10-13-07

3 6 ft prelighted tree est2 hour Build 10-13-07

Tree wrapping est 8 hourswrap10-13-07