Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Sign in to follow this  
etnom

Scammer is back on eBay!

Check out eBay item #180165477741 (I'm sorry, but I don't know how to copy link to this message.) Item is photographed in same location with same flowers. Seller is new to eBay and as of yet has no sales and only one purchase ( which cost them 6 cents .)

Check out the feedback for the one they supposedly bought the .06 item from (rony.yarden). They are definately a scammer building up a false feedback number. eBay definately needs to be contacted about that one also.

Mel

EDIT: I just checked the list of items that rony.yarden bid on since Sept. 7. They bid on 73 auctions and won 26 of them. Of the 26 they won, two were for 99 cents each, one for 6 cents and the other 23 were for 1 cent each. I did not check to see how much they bid on theauctions that they lost but I would expect the bids to only be a few cents each.

Its the same person..using the same background for the photo. To let you all know, I have not received the angels I won. I have sent tbonecharlie an additional message tonight. If I don't receive the angels, I will notify ebay and paypal and see what can be done.:(

If it's the same scammer, notify eBay (with the link at the bottom). Be sure to pick the answers that are along the line ofThis person was previously removed from eBay. Give them the previously banned ID in the body.

eBay is sometimes slow on getting rid of bad auctions. One of the exceptions is previously banned members selling again -- they are usually VERY FAST on removing those.

Chris in Ct wrote:

Here's the link you couldn't post. All you have to do is highlight it and copy. then paste it on your PC reply.

A Big Ol' Link Here

Yeah, but that makes a really long link.

In IE, there is a button you can use for making links. In firefox, use this code:

-URL here-"]Text That Shows Up

Looks like they also covered their (well known) stairs with a sheet to throw everyone off.

You know maybe its just me but now even reading about people like this onejust gives me a sick feeling inside. Everyone worked hard at trying to stop it the first time and it pops up again. Its kind of like Groundhog day "the movie" over and over and over. And what's even worse is seeing how much selling for feedback is going on, purchases for 1 cent. Sellers telling the purchaser to not even send the money just donate it and for feedback leave feedback I have a automated system. Errrrrrr!!

Merry Christmas, at least those of use that read about issues like this one all become a little more educated and it helps us all become more aware of how low and how much effort people will use to scam a few dollars. And imagine trying to take it from people like all ofus that spend so much of our own money, time and effort in order to make other people happy.

I've ranted and now in closing I ask isn't there something easier to scam Ebay buyers with then our beloved blow molds.:X

Kim

Good news, I received the angels from tbone. It was not a particularly pleasant experience however..knowing that I had beendishonestly bid up and gouged on shipping, but I did receive the items.

I would still caution..steer clear..I got lucky on this one but it came at a big price.

I noticed that the address says Michigan USA. I just asked this person if they allowed pickups. Just to see what happens. I really don't have any plans on buying anything I was just wondering if they'd give up any info.

christmaslighter wrote:

I've ranted and now in closing I ask isn't there something easier to scam Ebay buyers with then our beloved blow molds.:X

I've bought a few things off ebay over the years and (so far) have never been scammed. My purchases have ranged from $2 post cards toa $2500 South Park pinball machine (every office needs one! ;))

Over the years, ebay has "devolved" from a nice "garage sale" to a "retail outlet".

There are too many "buy it now" items priced just under retail value but with rip-off shipping charges applied.

I no longer frequent the place but I know that for some things (like blow molds) there's really little other choice. Still, you're paying through the nose for them in many (most?) cases.

These scammers don't care if it's blow molds or snowblowers...they just watch the market and see where the money is coming in and where they can hit....

in the past it has been cars and tractors....they have been seriously cracked down on as scams....now they are seeking out different areas to get into...areas that would attract little attention...like christmas decorations....

EBAYand normal people would have no clue how lucrative the holiday business can be....

These people are smart....it would not surprise me in the least if they were a member here and on other boards...lurking...doing their research....

I asked this person about picking up an item. this is the answer I got.

No!!!

no explination no lame excuse just plain no.

Wow, I'm overjoyed when someone wants to PU

Less work for me, less $$ to a shipping company

and if they PU....they might decide to buy more!! :laughing:

I was even considering driving 1/2 way a couple hours to meet someone

But they turned out to be 2x as far away as I thought

jen grissett wrote:

These people are smart....it would not surprise me in the least if they were a member here and on other boards...lurking...doing their research....

Ditto, amen..I agree with you 100%

ive been buying/selling on ebay since 99....i get burned every once in awhile, but the other times make up for it almost.

I sold a whole set of motorcycle plastic a few months ago and everyone complained about me charging $150 for shipping....but there were 10 pieces and a gas tank!

ONE person asked to pick it up and i agreed....so he got a hell of a deal, and i saved a ton of time packing and shipping it!

Thanks....the lowrider?

I liked it too until I realized he was flipping a bird....lol...:laughing:...I swear I thought he was waving...

I see Tbone has made their feedback private...I guess they will let that account sit for a few months or moreand they will be back later down the road....but some new feedback...any old negatives that happen to pop up will just be chalked up to crazy buyers....and the auctions will not be viewable because they will be out of date by then....

It's just a cycle....bounce from one account to another...

ChuckHutchings wrote:

Over the years, ebay has "devolved" from a nice "garage sale" to a "retail outlet".

There are too many "buy it now" items priced just under retail value but with

rip-off shipping charges applied.

For those that don't know this is a violation of eBay rules in 2 different catagories(as well as one of my pet peeves). It a violation of the rules specifically known as "fee circumvention". Since there are no final value fees on the shipping charge it reduces the fees paid to eBay. There is of course a catagory for reporting it. I would think that this would be at the top of the list for eBay to enforce (since it takes money from their pockets) but have been dissapointed at the response to auctions I've reported. It is also a violation of the "excessive shipping and handling" rule. That's usually the catagory I report it under. I have noticed that the response that you get back from reporting auctions for this has changed. The new messages says that they are "working hard to combat the problem of excessive shipping and handling" bla bla bla. I don't know if they really are or not. For a while I was reporting this type of auction twice--once in each catagory. It's easy to do because you can just copy and paste the auction numbers into the second catagory.

TED

I really don't care how much people charge for shipping (as long as they are not scammers).

I look at the price and the shipping and ask myself if it is worth it.

It looks likethe scammer had all their listings pulled, and their ID (jinglebellsales906) has been suspended.