Transmit Your Light Show Music

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

music i have already. i'm looking for something else. i found a website with audio clips about not parking in neighbors driveways. enjoy the lights , maybe some elves talking and just general christmas theme. i can't find that site again. i know its out there.

In a prior post I had mentioned that I'd just purchased the WHT and would try to remember to post a review on it after I'd received it.

Well... got home yesterday afternoon and my Whole House Transmitter was in the mailbox awaitingme!!!

Keep in mind... I exceedingly "electronically challenged"... so I was a bit scared to attempt to get this thing up and running. Of course, being a guy, I immediately tossed aside the instructions. (Actually, I had to check how to set the switches on the side... two down, one up for 106.9)

Even as inept as I am with electronics I had my new Whole House Transmitter up and broadcasting in less than 2 minutes. LITERALLY!!!

Iplugged my iPod Nano into the unit (with one of the included chords)... attached the included power supply... plugged the power supply unit in... turned it on, pressed play on the iPod and walked outside to my car to see if it was broadcasting.

Sure enough... there on FM 106.9 was Trans-Siberian Orchestra blasting away on my car stereo.:waycool:

I had to drive over and pick my daughter up at the bus stop, which gave me a good excuse to check out the range. I was able to hear my broadcast about 2 to 3 houses down from mine... which is plenty of range for my purposes. And that was without setting up the unit and antenna according to instructions. (Yes... I went back and read the instructions later)

I'll admit... I'm totally new to broadcasting... but the sound seemed to be very clear to me. No hissing, humming, popping or background noise.

As of this moment... I'm totally impressed and pleased with my new Whole House Transmitter. For anyone wanting to get in onFM transmitting without shelling out a whole lot of money... I'd recommend the WHT. Easy to set up, does what it says it will do and doesn't break the bank! And the free shipping coupon helped out too! Thanks Tom!!!

I'll be heading up to my brother's home studio in the near future to record my show! Can't wait... WOOHOOOOoooooo!!!

I bought one last year for my display. It worked fairly well. The reason I picked this one was its broadcasting distance and its various power sources. Most other ones I looked at only provided one power source. I also wasn't sure about doing the belkin mod.:?

I placed it outside in my van with the computer that controlled the LOR controllers. I had a few reception issues out front of the house so I extended the antenna with additional wire out the window and hooked it to the van's radio antenna. That cleared up the reception issue and the audio could be heard from 3-4 houses away.

I also used with halloween this year and it worked fine again. Although I find it a little pricey I would recommend it for those who are afraid to try the belkin mod. If I had to do it over again, I would try the belkin mod now that I have learned how to solder at PLUS2007. :]

Does anyone know if this FM transmitter comes with a USB cord or how I would get music from the computer (Itunes) to transmit with this? I wanted to avoid relying on the IPOD availability each evening as the IPOD'Sbelong to the kids.

Thanks,

Sandy:tree:

This is the first year I will be using the WHT for christmas. I used it during Halloween and it worked great. I had it in my garage, antenna was hanging down and I could pick it up infront of my house. I am sure once I mount it outside with the antenna extension I will get three to four houses with no problem.

I had speakers outside and tuned my receiver into the station from the WHT and you would think it was a direct feed into the receiver.

I would recommend it for transmitting around 300'!

Whitey

Well I have just recieved the unit last evening and as many said there was only 7 possible stations to pick. In my area there are ALOT of stations and so far even after mounting the WHT closer to the road and having the antenna vertical I would say that I am not getting anywhere near 300 ft of transmitting area. I even went to radio shack and got a phono extender cord so that I could try to get it even closer to the road. I am going to try to see if there is anything I can do to get a better reception area but for me and my area it may have not been the best investment. Just curious if any of you have added EXTRA length onto the whip antenna that comes on the unit? Have tried all the frequencies but for me there is not really a clear sound, HOWEVER for alot of you who do not live in very large cities where almost EVERY frequency is taken it should do better. I will add more info from my review as I come acrossed things.

Steven Singleton Jr. wrote:

HOWEVER for alot of you who do not live in very large cities where almost EVERY frequency is taken it should do better. I will add more info from my review as I come acrossed things.

I live just outside of Miami and Ft Lauderdale and I have found that it works good for me.

Whitey

I had to add extra wire to my antenna. I just took a piece of phone cord and striped away half inch of insulation on both wires then twisted them together. It cleared up the reception problems I had in a couple of spots out front of my house.

The added wire was maybe 5 foot long or so.

Thanks Madhatter tried this but STILL looks like this will not work for my needs. I will be returning this to the webpage that I bought it from. I just hope their customer service on returns are as quick as they were able to get it to me. Good idea for a product but I guess I am just part of the perccentage of people that is does not work well for. My yard is too big to get a good sound from it.