LED rope lights at Home Depot

HI... (I also put this in the 'Head's Up' section)

I just got back from Home Depot where I picked-up a bunch of LED rope lights... they are 18 feet long, multi-colored LEDs (white, red and green), 120V, 60HZ, 0.1A... $14.77... I thought that was fairly cheap for LEDs... there are about 144 LEDs/rope (1.5" spacing)... they also have end capsthat can be unscrewed so that they can bedaisy-chained together to form a 300' rope... cool, huh?

Each store in this area only has 20-24/store... the first store I went to was already sold out...

Call me stupid...but is there a way to run multiple channels through a LED rope? i.e. one channel for red, one for blue, etc...

Only use mini lights now...looking for an easier way to run multiple colors to change between channels w/o running 4-5 sets of lights all at once. One rope to equal multiple different colors at different times controlled with a controller.

Thanks!

Phil

No luck at the Duarte, CA Homedepot store. They had christmas displays up but no multi colored rope light, when I asked I got the deer in the head light look. If anyone in so-cal is lucky enough to find it please post.

Steven N Azusa

"Holiday on Holmar"

When I ask for something I get the deer-in-the-headlight look and then the default answer:

"Uh...Isle 6" then I say "Oh of course, I didn't look in the paint department"

I usually just wonder around until I find a customer with what I want in their cart and then ask them where they got it form.

Guest Jeff_Womack

hondaguy929 wrote:

Call me stupid...but is there a way to run multiple channels through a LED rope? i.e. one channel for red, one for blue, etc...

Only use mini lights now...looking for an easier way to run multiple colors to change between channels w/o running 4-5 sets of lights all at once. One rope to equal multiple different colors at different times controlled with a controller.

Thanks!

Phil

Phil,

The answer is yes but not with these. In rope lights, if you want to chase them or use them on different channels you need to look for 3, 4, or 5 wire rope light. 3 wire will have two channels, 4 will have 3, etc. The ropelight that you usually see on the market is two wire.

Jeff

For anyone trying to locate the LED rpoe lighs in Home Depot, the SKU is 682087... I just went to the service desk and asked if they showed that SKU in their system... They all said yes, but 2 of the Home Depots couldn't find them ! Go figure...