Do you cut off all the tags on your strands and extension cords?

Anything I am doing for my own display I cut off. Anything I am doing for someone else I leave on for legality reasons. If they want to take them off after I leave thats there choice but I wont cut them off.

As for the twist ties I keep some and toss some. I like the really nice long ties, they come in handy somethimes when I want to hold something up and not waste a zip tie on it. Many times I need to just temporarily hold something in place and thats where the twist ties come in handy.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

christopher_k wrote:

i never remove mine, i don't really even notice them, plus if they don't work after 5 years stick them in a box take them with a proof of purchase from this years lights with one of those boxes and get a new strand :laughing: i mean wal mart can lose a few bucks and it save a bunch in the long run and most wal marts don't even check. not that i have done it or anything but it could be done if you still HAD ALL THE TAGS ON!

Tags need a home too!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

2005 end of season Walmartsale, went looking for icicle lights. None, went back a few days later and there were 8 boxes. WooHoo!!!!

2006 dec opened said boxes. Broken, very dirty aged strands inside. Somebody returned this junk and they put them back on the shelves without checking. I naturally didn't have the receipt, plus felt weird trying to explain this to the returns person who probably would think I'm trying a fast one, so I just ate the costs.

I don't find this comment very funny. It's dishonest, just plainthievery,and those few bucks lost are passed on to honest consumers. one dollar here, another dollar there, adds up to millions. Why do people think big corporations absorb losses, in the end 'shrinkage' costs are factored into pricing so they still make a profit.

"This is probably why mini's never go below $2"

True so true! The tags are a pain sometimes to take off too I need to make a lightstring unboxer/label remover I picture it as a kind of combine:laughing:

Just lay out your boxes and the strings come out all stretched out nicely with no tags ready to put up!

RichardH wrote:

A Picture of the madness. 7 tags! plus the fuses attached.

Wow that IS crazy. Even I'd cut the tags off (at least some of 'em) if it looked like that. The lights I've used haven't been nearly that bad.

-Tim

christmaslighter wrote:

Last year when unpackaging and "UNTAGGING"over 300 boxes of mini lights I really began to wonder why there were more tags on your average string of Christmas lights then there are commandments:{.

Oh and for those of you in California don't forget to wash your hands!!!

Kim

Yep, for some reason, they cover the lights and cord in lead here in CA. We're too dumb to know not to eat lead, it comes from years of eating lead.

Entropy wrote:

christmaslighter wrote:

Yep, for some reason, they cover the lights and cord in lead here in CA. We're too dumb to know not to eat lead, it comes from years of eating lead.

AHA!!! Proof that Californians are smarter than the other 47 states, + those 2 islands somewhere in the Pasifixe osend. Same lites ar sendt too udder steaks, butt wii r innfomed u knot n beecommiedum szombee!! Oo wraith, wii kutt em oof to, nebermind........;)