New Purchase from Lori's!

I've wanted to do a rebus-type "Peace On Earth" on my roof for quite awhile, and I finally found Lori's store. Her hubby is making me a 4' diameter peace sign and a plain 4' diameter circle for me to cover in wire mesh and do the western hemisphere. She's also breaking it down in semicircles for shipping, which brought the ship cost from $75 :shock:down to a whopping $10! :waycool:

I can't wait to get these! I think I'm going to do the "On" in either coroplast or in cursive with rope lights. The peace sign will be in white with the earth in blue & green.

Does anyone have any advice on hiding the extra lights? I can't seem to find blackout caps in Richmond, VA-perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place...

Kristal

Kristal,

Congratulations on the new order from Lori's! Gene made a special order for me last year and I just love it.

As for the blackout caps, I have also had trouble locating them. In the past I have found them at Michael's craft store, but so far no luck. Even my favorite supplier, www.christmaslightshow.com is out of stock.

If you have just a few maybe you could wrap them in black electrical tape. For wad of lights at the end you could hidethem in a dark garbage bag cut to size. I have done both of these when I ran out of caps.

I hope I can drive down and see your display!

I have a number of their stock pieces...the standing bear, the life-size saluting soldier, the howling dog and the kitten, and thepackage tossing sealsare from the past year or two. My new additions this yearinclude the reindeer stable, the elves loading the sleigh, and a horse. Hopefully, if my volunteer help comes through, I will have a Lori's custom-made C-130 and a parachuting Santa on the roof as well.

When are you lighting up? I'd love to see your display!

It seems everything is keeping me from my lights this week. I've only wrapped4 more mini-trees and put up about 10' of icicle lights. Every evening, something ELSE happens-last night for example, my young shepherd came racketing through the back door and ran smack into the spindle that supports my kitchen counter and SNAP! The spindle shattered. We spent the next 2 hours finding a 2x4 and tools to make a temporary support so the microwave would not come crashing to the floor. I'm remodeling my kitchen in the spring, so the 2x4 is it for the duration.

I did have time to shop on Tuesday night, and I found 48" and 36" 3D wireframe lighted deer at Dollar General, and I was pleasantly surprised that they were so well constructed. I thought that for 10 bucks, I'd definitely have to do some upgrading, but no. Next year, I may take off the minis and put rope lights on them, but they're fine the way they are for this year.

I have the coro to do the "On" in my Peace on Earth, but I may just do it in rope light this year due to time constraints, as I still have a huge bin of lights that need to be repaired or upgraded. I have access to all of the free coro I can carry, so I'm already planning on doing several displays for next year.:D:D:D

Kristal

Got my frames today! I've already got the "Earth" together-Lori's shipped them in halves so that the shipping didn't cost an arm and a leg. I got some 3/8 pvc and slipped the arcs for the earth inside and it's stabilized pretty well. Now I'm in the middle of zip-tying the hardware mesh to the circle. When that's done, I'll trim the mesh and start laying out the western hemisphere.

The peace sign will be a little different. I've got some small plumbing tees and JB Weld to hook the two halves together, since I priced welders and found I would be paying more than the frames and the shipping cost just to weld them together! The peace sign will just be in ropelight.

I still have to make the "On"-whew! 27550 lights and counting...

Kristal