I was aat the mall yesterday (gasp!) in a clothing store (gasp!) named JCPenney (GASP!) I was with my Mom (that parts ok).

Well what would have been 3 hours of torcher turned out to be a a mildly pleasant visit after a 30min trip to RadioShack and after rejoining my Mom in "That Store" I became aware of some flashing lights. Upon closer examination, they were NOT 8-function things, but each c7 bulb was a flasher! So I had to unscrew one and get a close-up view on the insides, and yup its a flasher bulb. So where do you get them? Target a and Walmart don't seen to have them, are they pricey?

Thanks for any info!

--Daniel L

These have been around for decades. I still use these now and then on our Christmas tree. Action Lighting is where I get them; here is one link for a multi-pack but the come in solid color boxes as well...

http://www.actionlighting.com/item-detail.asp?ID=912&MainCategory=Christmas&Sub=C7%20-%20C9%20Bulbs

And yes, these are available in C7 and C9. Simply replace as many as you like for a random twinkling effect.

Mark McCauley wrote:

These have been around for decades. I still use these now and then on our Christmas tree. Action Lighting is where I get them; here is one link for a multi-pack but the come in solid color boxes as well...

http://www.actionlighting.com/item-detail.asp?ID=912&MainCategory=Christmas&Sub=C7%20-%20C9%20Bulbs

And yes, these are available in C7 and C9. Simply replace as many as you like for a random twinkling effect.

Thanks for this site Mark. Do I understand correctly that anyone can order from there and there is no miminum, for example, don't have to buy by the case?

Mark McCauley wrote:

Correct. Anyone can purchase from them, and you do not have to buy a case. The bulbs I've used are sold in boxes of 25. I usually browse their website for the items I'm needing, call them to check availability and order with a credit card.

The site indicates a $25 minimum order. It is listed in the product description so it's unlcear if that the minimum total order or the lights minimum order.

iresq wrote:

Mark McCauley wrote:

The site indicates a $25 minimum order. It is listed in the product description so it's unlcear if that the minimum total order or the lights minimum order.

Just check with them. I wish I had that problem...LOL... my orders are always well above $25!

Can you use these in cold weather? Because I e-mailed the folks at Lawnlights.com to see if it was possible to use twinkling bulbs with their sets and they said yes, but they only would work in temperatures above 68 degrees because of the way twinkle bulbs function. :(

handyone wrote:

Can you use these in cold weather? Because I e-mailed the folks at Lawnlights.com to see if it was possible to use twinkling bulbs with their sets and they said yes, but they only would work in temperatures above 68 degrees because of the way twinkle bulbs function. :(

Mini twinkle bulbs will only work above ~68-70 degrees because of their small size and low voltage. C-7/9 bulbs get extremely hot and should twinkle right down until it's so cold outside that the glass would shatter due to thermal shock.

LT1Caprice57L wrote:

handyone wrote:

Mini twinkle bulbs will only work above ~68-70 degrees because of their small size and low voltage. C-7/9 bulbs get extremely hot and should twinkle right down until it's so cold outside that the glass would shatter due to thermal shock.

Thanks for the info, because I ordered twinkling c-7's just hoping that they would work in the cold, and as far as the mini twinkle bulbs, well that makes sense to me.But you made my day with the c-7 info. Thanks again. :D

nycousin wrote:

Mark McCauley wrote: Thanks for this site Mark. Do I understand correctly that anyone can order from there and there is no miminum, for example, don't have to buy by the case?

iresq wrote:

Mark McCauley wrote:

Anyone can order from Action Lighting. You do not have to buy a full case (500 or 1000 bulbs) but you do have to buy in full boxes of 25. The $25 minimum is for your total order. I recommend that you do not buy the multi-pack. Buy full boxes of the colors you want. Don't mix clear or white bulbs with colors because they over power the colors and make them look washed out. (This may be less of a problem with twinkle bulbs but is a "must" with constant on bulbs.) Another source for bulbs is Creative Displays. Both Action Lighting and Creative Displays have reputations for excellent customer service. Both have been vendors at the PLUS conventions and are good to Planet Christmas members.

TED