Chicagoland Blow Mold Trip Part 9 - Bronner's Part 6

Bill Weis wrote:

Pic 34 - The last 3 pics are not blow molds, but most people on this board like to collect choir peeps so I'll post a few from one of their window displays.

Those old choir peeps are wonderful! Here's a closeup of one like in the picture.

Mel

There were four styles of these choir that sold on eBay about three years ago. The two that Mel has posted and another set/style of a boy and girl. If I remember correctly a set went to one PC'er:) and the other set was split between a PC'er :)and a unknown buyer in the Midwest.:shock:

And hereis another choirgirl made by the same company that sold on eBay onSept 27, 2005. It went for a lot less dollars then the boy in the buy-it-now auction. It looks like she is the one on the right side of the organ in the Bronner display. I think that Bill M. will recognize this one.

This completes thepictures of the four different ones that were sold on eBaythat Bill M. mentioned.

Mel

jen grissett wrote:

Thanks for the fantastic pics.....

That organ scene is beautiful!

Is it one piece?....the choir peep and the bench....or is the choir peep just in a seated position?

That would be something to have.....I wonder how many of those were actually made....

Jen, I believe the seated peep on the bench is one single unit. It was hard to see around it and there was no access to the scene from inside the store. But I did press my face up against the glass to try to get a better look at how it was made. I could see no space whatsoever between the little boys bottom and the bench and if you look at Bill's picture from the side, no appearance that he may be bolted on. Bill may have seen something I missed though.

There was a family in Lincolnwood, IL that had that organ and a choir of kids that was just incredible..we would go each year to see the lights and displays there when I was a kid (I still go..its great). That organ andwhat I now know were choir kidsmade byBronner's as well asMold-Craftis what started me on my love of choirs There were at least 20choir kidson that family'slawn each year, as well as the organ and the seatedchoir boyin the picture..all lit with spots..it was absolutely breath taking. It was sold to another family in the area and they continued to display it for many years up untilabout 6 or 7 years ago and then it stopped. They either moved or just quit decorating.:(

Chris in Ct wrote:

The 2nd picture of the organist in the back hanging above the pipes I see a couple of deer. Are those blowmolds and any idea how much they cost?

Those are awesome I have never seen them before.

Chris,

They are not blow molds like we know but they probably are made out of a heavy plastic.Unfortunately I don't know how much they cost. In fact, I don't even remember seeing them in the store. You could go through that store 20 times and keep seeing things you missed from the time before.

Bill.

Bill Weis wrote:

I agree with Carrie, it appeared to be one piece to me. I'd love to have one in my display.

Bill,

Bronners said that the organ player and bench are one piece as you have posted. I assume that you know that the organ, organ player and theblonde girlto the left of the organ were all manufactured by Bronners many years ago. I wonder how many thousands that set would go for today?

The other choir peeps were made by Formcraft.

Mel

Mel Fischer wrote:

Bill Weis wrote:

Bill,

Bronners said that the organ player and bench are one piece as you have posted. I assume that you know that the organ, organ player and theblonde girlto the left of the organ were all manufactured by Bronners many years ago. I wonder how many thousands that set would go for today?

The other choir peeps were made by Formcraft.

Mel

Thanks Mel. I didn't know who made the choir peeps. I purchased a small book on Bronner's and there is a photo of the organist and two peeps shown in their Tannenbaum Shop, which putsthe photosomewhere between 1966 and 1977 based on the years that shop was operating before his stores merged into the location they're at today.

There's a black and white photos of some other choir peeps in the book I can't identify. Once I find the cord for my scanner I can post a photo of it. Throughout the book there's also photos of Beco, the standard Mold Craft nativity scene, other choir peeps, and some flat back candles and lanterns. On the back cover there's an exterior shot where you can see that they once had the Empire Lifesize Marble nativity scene displayed along with the 45" Noel Candle with the two color flame. It's amazing when you think of all the old molds that have been in and out of this man's stores.