First Year - please help

Hi,

Well I have been bitten by the bug. I have always decorated my house with the hopes of putting it to music someday, and2007 is the year. I should be receiving my starter package from Wowlights by next Wednesday. I purchased the LOL 16 channel controller with software and the Whole house FM Xmitter. Mike from Wowlight preshipped the xmitter and I just received it. Ten minutes later I had it unpacked, hooked up to my computer, and tested in my truckoutside my house. How cool is that.

I have installed 2 dedicated 20 amp GFCI circuits and the cat5 cable to the front porch. I downloaded the software and just started playing with it last night.

I was just wondering... is there anyone who has a little experiancebe willing to chat with me on the phone. You could either send me a PM with your phone number so I can call you or I can PM my phone number.

I just think it might be a little easier to speak directly. No big deal either way I can continue to post messages.

I haven't slept in 3 days - this is fun!

Thanks in advance - Steve

Thanks for the response. I have watched the videos and read a few articles etc on how to create a sequence and I think I have an idea of how to start. Couple questions:

Please remember this is the first time for me so I appreciate your patience...

1. When I use the animation tool should I draw it to look just like my house display?

2. If so is it saved for just that animation and would I have to redraw it each time a create an animation.

3. Is a sequence typically one song, or are there multiple songs for a sequence.

4. Do most displays play multiple songs/sequences each night or does it repeat one songs?

5. If its multple songs/sequences, is that done by the scheduler? (I have not even looked at the scheduler yet)

Sorry for the basic questions but I look forward to your response

Steve

1. When I use the animation tool should I draw it to look just like my house display?

It's good to try to lay it out like your display. Some peoples animations are a work of art. Mine is a mess.

2. If so is it saved for just that animation and would I have to redraw it each time a create an animation.

Under the edit menu you can export your layout and then import it into any new sequences.

3. Is a sequence typically one song, or are there multiple songs for a sequence.

Typically a sequence is one song but some people will use an audio program to combine 2 or 3 songs into one and make that one sequence.

4. Do most displays play multiple songs/sequences each night or does it repeat one songs?

Most displays will play several songs in a loop but it's certainly not the rule and the shows very greatly. Think about how you want to have your show then you can make it happen.

5. If its multple songs/sequences, is that done by the scheduler? (I have not even looked at the scheduler yet)

The show editor is where you put together your sequences to create your show. The schedule editor is where you tell LOR when to play the shows.

Brian,

Thanks so much for your response, they help alot. I have read several of your posts tonight and have learned a great deal. What a great community. I will have many more questions and look forward to working with this this great group of people.

Thanks again.

Steve

Other than Lightoramasequences.com are there any other sites I can find more downloadable sequences?

Is this truly ok? I am learning how much work creating these sequences are and I don't want to feel like I am steeling any ones work.

I do realize I will have to buy the song which is fine.

Thanks for all your help. I just got tracking info for my controller, I should have it by next Tuesday. The waiting is killing me.

Thanks,

LOR sequences are there for anyone to use. So your not stealing at all......Its there to help and for people to share....

I only have 6 songs this year at about 14 minutes total show time. I want people to keep moving and i may have to cut it even shorter...Ill have to see how it goes. My show plays in a loop and it just starts over and over again...

I have been sequencing some of my stuff for months, so you may wanna use LOR sequences this year and try your hand at it for halloween and christmas next year..

I got my first LOR 16 channels last year in Oct.

I would think of using someones sequences as a song. An artist can come up with a song, he can either copyright it for him or put it on Public domain for the general public. For sequences, we have the option to share them, but if we don't want to, we dont have to.

--Daniel L