shooting_rubber wrote:

Good idea. I think I am going to pick some of these cages up today. But, how do you mount it into the ground so it stays in one place. Once again, good thinking.

Thanks.

I'm a first timer who doesn't have mine out yet, but keeping them in place seems simple enough with a couple of tent stakes on each one

ps. how many lights did you have per tree, I've got 300 minis on each, but thinking that meay be overkill after seeing a few others now :D

Actually... I have cut the lower rings off the cages, so the 4 remaining vertical supports will stick down into the ground and hold it all in place! Quite simple really.

I use 1 100 clear minilight set per tree, plus 1 100 colored (half my trees in green and half in red) minilight set... except for 1 of my trees, which is the center tree in my display... it has 100 clear, 100 green, and 100 red.

Guest johnny christmas

mnapuran wrote:

Actually... I have cut the lower rings off the cages, so the 4 remaining vertical supports will stick down into the ground and hold it all in place! Quite simple really.

I use 1 100 clear minilight set per tree, plus 1 100 colored (half my trees in green and half in red) minilight set... except for 1 of my trees, which is the center tree in my display... it has 100 clear, 100 green, and 100 red.

cutting the rings off is what i did with mine and they hold in place GREAT...i got the 42" cages from lowes and cut a lot off...theyre prolly about 18" total lighted space with 200 clear 200 green and 200 red minis on each (have 8 and can prolly add 4 more for next year)