Photos of my wire trees with 2800 lights each.

NWSanta wrote:

Richard,

I have always admired your display and thought it was pretty wild the way you incorporated your 3 colours. Those trees out front are incredibly effective and you do such a great job sequencing them and showing their true colours as it were.

Good pics of the tree...

Your display is awe inspiring....

-Evan

Thanks. I got the idea from watching Ken Good's Dispaly and when I saw it I knew I had to have color changes on a massive scale.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RobM wrote:

tHESE ARE THE 1000 COUNT LIGHT TREES. i HAVE A 3000 LIGHT TREE BUT i DONT HAVE THE BOX ANYNMORE SO i CANT GET A SKU #. bUT THE ONES i HAVE ARE THE SAME AS YOURS. tHEY ARE THE 7 FOOT FULL LOOKING TREES. sorry for the caps, my caps lock button was on.

LOL. I thought you were talking about the green lights with white wire. I will have to check Kmart for the after Christmas sale to see if they any left.

-Richard

RichardH wrote:

lkcubsrule wrote:

I am just using my $300 Nikon Coolpix Camera. Set it on Macro and used a tripod.

Yeah...figured that out today! My mom got a new camera yesterday (Black Friday camera! ) and I tested it out today...the close-up is cool. I set it on macro...it worked!

Looks like mine are going through some UV issues. The green one is 2-tone. I tried to call K-Mart coorperate today and no one got back to me yet. Second pic is proof positive you should always use a tripod at night.:laughing:

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

Joe Petrowski wrote:

Whats the matter Richard? You didn't want to keep the red and green flood lights? :-p

I was wondering the same thing! Although I am sure the wrapped lights will look way cool! (Wanna sell those flood lamps?? :waycool:

I bought three of these type trees at HD this week. They are 7.5 ft w/ 800 white lights, basically the same thing.....It looks amazing in the garage! I am using them static this year, but someday hope to use em animated.

My wife is a stickler for the "classy" look. And she really likes your display Richard.

CaptainCharles wrote:

Joe Petrowski wrote:

I was wondering the same thing! Although I am sure the wrapped lights will look way cool! (Wanna sell those flood lamps?? :waycool:

I bought three of these type trees at HD this week. They are 7.5 ft w/ 800 white lights, basically the same thing.....It looks amazing in the garage! I am using them static this year, but someday hope to use em animated.

My wife is a stickler for the "classy" look. And she really likes your display Richard.

What city is the HD in that has them with 800 lights? How much were they also. I wouldnt mind wrapping more lights around them to make them look fuller. The 3000 and 1000 light tress are history I'm afraid Mine are the 1000 lights and I cant get my 3000 light trees to work yet. Thanks.

CaptainCharles wrote:

Joe Petrowski wrote:

I acutally sold them a few months ago to two PC members.

I have DC based Floods now but still have to make flood holders for them. Right now I am just focusing on getting the display up and then when it is up and running, I will work on my floods and try to get them up ASAP.

-Richard

Because of Popular demand, here are some High Resolution Photos of the "Artsy" photo below. Good for your desktop.

1024x768 - Resolution

http://www.holdman.com/christmas/photos2007/Red-Green-White-Tree-med.jpg

2593 x 1944 - Resolution

http://www.holdman.com/christmas/photos2007/Red-Green-White-Tree-large.jpg

wiretree-06.jpg

RobM wrote:

CaptainCharles wrote:

What city is the HD in that has them with 800 lights? How much were they also. I wouldnt mind wrapping more lights around them to make them look fuller. The 3000 and 1000 light tress are history I'm afraid Mine are the 1000 lights and I cant get my 3000 light trees to work yet. Thanks.

Got em in Fredericksburg, VA, two different stores. THey are 59.99 each.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100596487&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&cm_sp=THD_Marketing-_-HolidayDecor2007-_-artificial_trees-_-812951

Looks like they are sold out online.

* They are 7 ft, not 7.5 as I previously stated.

Thank you for the link. These are very different from mine though. The base on the ones I have are larger and you can stake them down so they wont blow over, but with a few more starnds of lights, these may work well. Thanks again.

How do you keep those trees secured in the ground with the extra weight? I did something similar with some spiral trees from Sears (300 lights stock, added red, blue and green for a total of 1200) and they require 4 guy wires each to withstand the wind...

i use the 6ft trees from kmart and or sears. you can catch them on sale for 29.99 from time to time.. i dont count the bulbs i just know they are pretty bright at night when you light them lol i set them out in a row and have them hooked up to a MR.Christmas box and they chase pretty well!! two of mine are the older metal trunk with flexable plastic branchs. i like those the best .. but i cant find them anymore..

Jim :o)

CaptainCharles wrote:

THe stand shown in the pic is for indoor use. It also comes with a 4 ft stake that you pound into the ground, the tree then installs on top of it, and then has tie downs provided.....

I had several of the "stock" stakes break on me last year. This year I am using solid metal stakes from Home Depot.

I am concerned though about the weight of the branches now because of all the lights. I think I may have to tie up the lower ones with fishing line.

While on the subject of the massive color changes....I really like the effect and have a question. ARe ALL your lights on the house, trees, etc wrapped as Mega Strings with Red, Green, and White, or do you put them all up seperately? I understand that you dont have the 6 ft trees wrapped as Mega strings, but what about the rest of your display? Also...storage is always a concern. Can you still ball up those lights if they are Mega strings?? Great effect!! Thanks in advance. Im in the same boat you are btw....hoping to get everything up and running this weekend. We had SNOW In texas for the last cpl of days, so it slowed me down a bit.

rbljack wrote:

While on the subject of the massive color changes....I really like the effect and have a question. ARe ALL your lights on the house, trees, etc wrapped as Mega Strings with Red, Green, and White, or do you put them all up seperately? I understand that you dont have the 6 ft trees wrapped as Mega strings, but what about the rest of your display? Also...storage is always a concern. Can you still ball up those lights if they are Mega strings?? Great effect!! Thanks in advance. Im in the same boat you are btw....hoping to get everything up and running this weekend. We had SNOW In texas for the last cpl of days, so it slowed me down a bit.

I guess I make "Mega Strings". What I do is take a set of White, Red, and Green and stretch them out and then starting with the female plug side I wrap them up into Light balls. I don't twist them at all before I wrap them up. They stay together pretty well when I wrap my trees because I wrap my trees very tight.

CaptainCharles wrote:

THe stand shown in the pic is for indoor use. It also comes with a 4 ft stake that you pound into the ground, the tree then installs on top of it, and then has tie downs provided.....

i use the stand that is for inside use outside. and just use a few small hook stakes to anchor them down. easy to level that way also .. Jim :o)