Light Keeper Pro Saves the Day for Neighbor.

My wife told the lady across the street the other day that I had a "magic" device that fixes Christmas lights. Well she came over and asked about it and I let her borrow my Light Keeper Pro. She had one string on her Christmas Tree that was not working. I told her how to use it and she came back 5 minutes later and said that it worked!

It is amazing how much time you save with this little unit. I have used it several times already in setup. If you do not have one of these units, Get one!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the jury is still out. I can fix sets without it in the same amount of time it takes with it, usually. I keep "trying" it though. The continuity tester feature only works on strings that don't have an end plug or another portion of the set lit after the section that's out. The "shunt fixer trigger" has only fixed ONE set Iv'e tried it on, and that was a set of old blue's that I was just messing with which were faded and destined for the trash anyway.

Just pitched a NEW set of red today that it couldn't fix. Last 50 was out. I even did a bulb swap and socket check along the whole string. Tossed it in the garbage and took my $2 and bought a new set.

The sets I find to be problematic are less likely to be bulb related and more so to be socket/contact issues, which can be found with a flick or slight twist of bulbs, or even running them thru your hand if they aren't on something already...

And yes, Ive' read, and read, and re-read again the instructions for the LKP. It has it's uses I guess, it's often a good attempt, but it's no "magic wand" (or gun)

or you can be like Randi and try to fix a set of lights that is part way burnt out and end up blowing the whole thing out. (they were halloween skeltons!)

NOW, we have a reindeer butt out and we have one.....but for the life of me even with the instructions - can't figure out how to make it work!

Someone want to explain clearly??? Thank you!!

Randi

I have a lightkeeper pro and one of those expensive boxes and am starting to getreally disappointed in the expensive box. at first it was really good now it won't find anything push the push the button it buzzes on the box but no indication which bulb in a half string out is bad so its back to light Keeper Pro orpulling and checking every bulb for a broken wire or a bad burnout.

I have heard a lot of good things about the light fixer box (got mine at Christmas done brite at PLUS 2007) anybody got comments on it?

Larrytcupp

I have had the LKP for 2 seasons now and I couldnt live without it. Although mine may be defected when it comes to finding a broken wire. It beeps and stays red the entire string, break or no break. But it has fixed many many 1/2 out strings.

I took it to the neighborsFriday and almost all his icicles had sections out. I fixed and he put up , he couldnt keep up to me. Ended up with one set that we threw out as I was getting a shock whenever I got near one bulb.

He was totally amazed with it and said whatever you paid for this it is worth its weight in gold. I think that will be a xmas present for him this year as they will be moving in the near future!

I have had really good success with mine. Just this morning I was working on my wire trees that are prelit and one section was out. The trigger did not work but the "beeper" found the exact bulb that was bad.

Maybe I have a "magic" one.

2nd day of the show (after a three day test run) half of a set of green icicles lights went out at the start of the show :shock:...

I wanted to get up there and fix it right away, but to many people watching had to wait for three hours until show ended...

After the end of the show I went into action just like a pit crew, had the ladder up with an extension cord powered up and my new handy dandyLightkeeper Pro... With in two min all was working again... :waycool:

All was fine even my nerves, "Thank You, Lightkeeper Pro":D

I fixed 6 strings of icicle lights for my nephew. Someone gave him several strings that didn't work, and in a half hour we had all 6 working and bad bulbs replaced. Considering the price of icicle lights, that paid for the Light Keeper Pro a couple of times. Best thing I've seen in years for fixing mini lights.

Absolutely works. I would have much less hair without it. Can't count the number of strings, deer, trees I've repaired this year alone. I don't even think about getting the lights out without one of my trusty Light Keeper Pro's on hand. I am not a salesperson for LKP, but I've given several for gifts and almost all recipients thank me time and time again when they have a problem with their lights. Won't magically fix everything, but helps with a bunch.

I had a mega tree strand that had 4 bulbs burnt out. Must have gotten dropped during setup. The zapper got the string working and I easily found and replaced the burnt out bulbs. Using the standard replace with a known good bulb would not have worked in this case.

The beeper feature has found about 10 strands so far. I have even been able to get it to work wrapped on garland with 5 other strands.

When Im on a mission to find the burnt out bulb, I never leave my garage without it. Wish I would have gotten one of these 20 years ago.

- Michael

SURE WOULD LIKE SOME DORECTION ON USING THE LIGHTKEEPER. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO MAKE THE DARNED THING WORK, BUT IT AIN'T HAPPENING !!!

COULD YOU PLEASE ADVISE WHAT WE MUST BE DOING WRONG ? WHEN I P[LUG IN THE FIRST LIGHT OF A SECTION OF MINIS (LIGHTS THAT ARE OUT), I CLICK AND CLICK...AND CLICK..ETC, NOTHING HAPPENS.

WOULD BE WILLING TO CALL YOU ON MY DIME, IF YHU ARE WILLING TO GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. HAVE TWO "OUT" SECTIONS IN A 4,000 MINI "LIGHT WALL" AS WE SPEAK AND WOULD SURE LIKE TO FIX THEM IN PLACE, RATHER THAN START OVER.

THANKS

STEVE SLACK

WINTER PARK, FLORIDA

They work very well. I find myself grabbing it over my $100 (and now it sells for closer to $200) high voltage tester, since there is less setup time. It's all I need 80% of the time. I'm still happy I have my HV tester the other 20%, though...

-Tim

You can always click click. Matter of fact...mine has never worked that way...

You go to the beginning of the strand where the lights start at the plug in. Push the black button on top and youll hear a beep. Keep following the line till you dont hear a beep at all......Thats a bad bad or loose one....

snowlovergeorgia wrote:

You can always click click. Matter of fact...mine has never worked that way...

You go to the beginning of the strand where the lights start at the plug in. Push the black button on top and youll hear a beep. Keep following the line till you dont hear a beep at all......Thats a bad bad or loose one....

Actually the "click click" works for me most the time. When it doesn't, I grab my HV tester. It's much quicker at finding bad spots than the beeper (although the beeper is much better than the cheap little 'pen' testers...)

-Tim