Rain in GA knocked me half out

Ham radio op

Well.... The story begins when I was driving through my neighborhood one morning before the trash truck came through and noticed that a guy up the street was throwing away 2 100' extension cords! The catch... they both had the ends choped off but the ends were lying right next to the cords.... in to the car they went. I arrived home that night and noticed one was a brand new 100' cord, the other a Heavy duty, high amp cord. Both ends were put back on and now I use them in the display.

Today we had some bad rain and my timmer triped... I figgured it was this cord due to the fact it gave me problems last night. Sure enough, plugged it into the outlet, (I tripped) the breaker. Now it's time to troubleshoot.

I am not sure if it's the cord, or something else... I don't think its my 3 pronged 3 outlet 8' cord that I use as my main "contol point" for that part of the house but I dunno. I once was able to single it down to a set of lights I had, but I don't think I will get as lucky this time.

Wonder if it was some of those sub-standard, Made in China cords. The problem may have been in the plugins. That may have been why he gave up on them. New connectors are not that expensive. I had to replace some myself on some yard sale finds. 2 100 ft 12/2 cords and 1 50 ft. for $5.00. Two connectors, about$10,later and all are in service.If new connectors don't fix the problem, take them back off and save them for later and dump the cords.